Home

Christian Laettner

This is a discussion on Christian Laettner within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2017, 09:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Christian Laettner

Anyone actually try him? He seems like he would actually be a decent C with his 89 strength and rebounding.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2017, 10:21 PM   #2
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Re: Christian Laettner

I bought a ten pack box and pulled a Carmelo and a Jay Williams. Then I bought a few more loose packs and pulled another Williams. Since I wanted the Melo more than any other card in the game before the pull, and since I've wanted the Diamond Laettner since I realized it was going to be released, I'm working on the set. We'll see how quickly I can get it done.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:08 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimaceZ7
I bought a ten pack box and pulled a Carmelo and a Jay Williams. Then I bought a few more loose packs and pulled another Williams. Since I wanted the Melo more than any other card in the game before the pull, and since I've wanted the Diamond Laettner since I realized it was going to be released, I'm working on the set. We'll see how quickly I can get it done.
I'm in the same boat right now. I had already bought Melo, but packed him and Jay Williams today. So I'm selling my duplicate Melo and wondering about him.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:16 PM   #4
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc09
I'm in the same boat right now. I had already bought Melo, but packed him and Jay Williams today. So I'm selling my duplicate Melo and wondering about him.
I'm sure this will be the least built of the theme sets this year. People will have a hard time locking in cards that sell for so much to get one of the most unpopular players in recent basketball history. There's no way I'd sell my Melo, and its incredibly easy to make MT, so it's a no-brainer for me. Laettner looks amazing anyway.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:34 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Locked him in Friday evening, he is in my starting 5 and I sold diamond AD.

13 games
14.6 ppg
4 rbg
2 assists
.5 steals
73% fg
70% 3pt
100% ft
.2 topg

He is stellar. Doesn't feel like a liability with speed either.

Lineup is stacked too
All diamonds
Magic/vc/melo/laettner/admiral

Penny/rockets tmac/pippen/porzingis/Walton// jimmer//pg//Blake
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2017, 11:35 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua
Locked him in Friday evening, he is in my starting 5 and I sold diamond AD.

13 games
14.6 ppg
4 rbg
2 assists
.5 steals
73% fg
70% 3pt
100% ft
.2 topg

He is stellar. Doesn't feel like a liability with speed either.

Lineup is stacked too
All diamonds
Magic/vc/melo/laettner/admiral

Penny/rockets tmac/pippen/porzingis/Walton// jimmer//pg//Blake
Diamond league btw
Old 03-27-2017, 02:53 AM   #7
Rookie

Laettner is a complete beast. I put him at PF and Bill Walton at C with my god squad and it isn't even close. Hurts to move D Rob and Ewing, LJ, etc to the bench but they can't compete with those two. I have used him at Center but I like 2 bigs and one who can shoot the 3. Not into the 5 out shoot 30 threes a game crap. He does just fine alone at Center with a small lineup though.

Many times he is my best player too and I have nearly every card in the game. I posted in another thread a screenshot where I scored 40 something I think in just the 2nd half of a game with him and I wasn't even trying to go off with him. I'm in Diamond and Pink Diamond depending on the day and 2k's stupid servers!
Old 03-27-2017, 03:27 AM   #8
Rookie

I went ahead and completed the set. I have to say after playing four games with him at center. I have found the player I've been missing. I didn't even know he was rated an A- on perimeter defense. 0.0

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »