Home

Is PD Barkley even worth it?

This is a discussion on Is PD Barkley even worth it? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2017, 03:47 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Is PD Barkley even worth it?

I just compared him to Christian Laterner and they are very similar. What makes Barkley unique i guess is that he can have 89 ball control with a shoe.......you can run him at SF and he will bully everybody down low with 98 str and 98 post control and he is fast. He is similar to porzingis but shorter but with much better defense.

Point is iv completed every team USA set so far, i also just finish Mullin and Laettner but i didn't lock those in. I can't make up my mind if im gonna go for barkley or not.. We got 4 sets left and i feel like i can finish them or i can save myself ton of MT and just get the cards i want and dont lock anything in? I don't care for stockton, malone and larry legend will depend if they are really good and i DEFINITELY want jordan. Also with the way they are releasing these sets, its gonna take another 2 months for all the cards to get released.

I really wanna get Laettner but i feel like at this point the best bet is to complete all the sets but don't lock anything in until barkley is available? Then compare him to PD PFs that are available? The only problem with that is im gonna lose out on playing with Laettner now. Also i feel like an idiot locking Melo in if they gonna come out with PD Melo. Same goes for Tmac and Durant...although i don't really care about Mullin but have the set complete just in case. The later it gets in the year, the less impressive Barkley seems to me but at the same time i feel like no other card will be able to play 2-4 positions and still dominate? I feel like Larry Johnson is kind of a poor man's Barkley.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2017, 03:49 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is PD Barkley even worth it?

First world MT problems

Sent from my SM-G930F using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-27-2017, 03:53 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballaz
First world MT problems

Trust me i know but at the same time.......if i decide not to go for him i can probably have enough MT for the rest of the game.......if i do go for him i might have enough or i might have to spend a bit more money. Im just looking at PD Kobe and the card is really good but he's really screwed with badges...By the time Barkley comes out there might be PD KG, PD AD or PD KAT with like 6 HOF badges or something crazy who are just as good or better.........someone like PD Embiid?

Another issue is, as of right now i feel really stupid locking in other sets like USA Pippen and Drexler because there are cards available that are better than them and are not locked in...so if after all this work and locked in sets (lost MT) there will be PD card available on Ah ill be pissed lol.

Last edited by Yukk; 03-27-2017 at 03:56 AM.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:17 AM   #4
Rookie

I think for you, with the options you have at this point in the game... you really need to make the decision based on how badly you want certain cards based on how much you like that player. The player obviously needs to be good (which Charles is of course), so if you loved Barkley from a fan aspect... then you just gotta do it!

I think we forget about the importance of that a lot of the time and just get caught up in the stats/badge hype game.

I know I've definitely been sucked in to a degree. I am not a big Marc Gasol fan at all, but I did spend dome coin to get him just because his statements are good and he can shoot 3s. I am quite against Cs that can shoot 3s and have an oldschool approach in that I believe that they shouldn't really get out to the perimeter.

I love Larry Bird but I never even bothered to try him based on his cost and how I perceive him to play via reviews. I am actually quite disgusted with the fact that I have made too many decisions based on how that card plays for other ppl, rather than trying them for myself.

Old 03-27-2017, 06:21 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballaz
I think for you, with the options you have at this point in the game... you really need to make the decision based on how badly you want certain cards based on how much you like that player. The player obviously needs to be good (which Charles is of course), so if you loved Barkley from a fan aspect... then you just gotta do it!

I think we forget about the importance of that a lot of the time and just get caught up in the stats/badge hype game.

I know I've definitely been sucked in to a degree. I am not a big Marc Gasol fan at all, but I did spend dome coin to get him just because his statements are good and he can shoot 3s. I am quite against Cs that can shoot 3s and have an oldschool approach in that I believe that they shouldn't really get out to the perimeter.

I love Larry Bird but I never even bothered to try him based on his cost and how I perceive him to play via reviews. I am actually quite disgusted with the fact that I have made too many decisions based on how that card plays for other ppl, rather than trying them for myself.

I really appreciate you taking the time to write all that. Im not that big of a Barkley fan honestly, i was too young when he was in his prime. I just remember when the card first came out he was miles ahead everyone in all the stats so i really wanted him. Now that stat gap has been decreased dramatically and going to continue to decrease. Im also afraid that him being short will really impact him since this game doesn't really favor shorter players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2017, 08:09 AM   #6
Rookie

I have locked in all the USA cards so far and I can't say I regret them as they are all really good. However I will probably quit going for Barkley. I have spent enough and my team is as good as it can possibly be. Once summer comes I won't play video games as much either.

It is really just what cards do you want to play with now. I'm content just using the tons of cards that I have in different lineups and finishing playing content in the game. Will probably get sucked into the hype of wanting a certain card like a KG or Malone but I'll see when I get there.

It really is hard when I can't find room on my squads for these amazing players. Then I guess it is time to stop collecting. I don't think I'll even go for Kobe. So tired of collecting all these cards just to have better ones destroy the old card. Barkley is going to be pretty much irrelevant if he isn't already.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:59 AM   #7
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

You should look at these cards the same way you look at cars. This PD Barkley is fast, sporty and gets great gas mileage, but as time has gone on, the rest of the cars have gotten faster, sportier and better mileage. By the time you can complete Barkley, there will have been Pink Diamonds released in such quantities that everyone can afford a car that is as fast, sporty and gets the same mileage that the Barkley does. But they're not a Barkley and everyone knows it.

Do the Barkley set if you want to. Saving MT because you think something might come out down the line that you want more means that you spent the whole season holding back, and if you do end up seeing something you like better than the Barkley, you're going to get to use it for a couple weeks before everyone stops playing the game.

Last edited by GrimaceZ7; 03-27-2017 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:06 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

No he's a 6'6" PF!

Barkley will most likely be get a ratings boost. On paper he should the best card in the game. All the other PD reward cards got a ratings boost so it only right. If you're into using exclusive cards or a fan of his go for it.

For me he isn't worth it even if he gets the boost he deserves. You can have PD Duncan, PD Bob Pettit and a diamond Kevin McHale for just playing the game. All of the can be more capable of out playing him.
Him only being 6'6" is a huge issue. He's capable of playing SF but he'll be slow and undersized for that position too. For all it takes to get him gameplay wise he isn't worth it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »