Home

2k finally did it!

This is a discussion on 2k finally did it! within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2017, 09:17 PM   #1
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

OVR: 0
2k finally did it!

I've got a good job, no kids, no vices. Plenty of disposable income, and I enjoy MyTeam, building teams, opening packs and all that. I've spent several hundred (could be over a thousand, who knows?), and would have no problem spending hundreds more.

Tonight, I spent over 900k VC on Gamebreakers. I pulled 4 Christies and 2 Richardsons. That's it. That's not ok.

2k finally did it. The pack odds have been awful all year, but you know what you're getting into when you buy. You're never guaranteed anything. But to spend 900 effing thousand VC and to pull six Rubies that sell for 2k each is insane.

2k turned an EASY paying customer, someone they could milk for a hundred dollars every week, and turned me off to the idea of ever spending another extra penny on this game. Nice work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2017, 09:38 PM   #2
Pro

Re: 2k finally did it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimaceZ7
I've got a good job, no kids, no vices. Plenty of disposable income, and I enjoy MyTeam, building teams, opening packs and all that. I've spent several hundred (could be over a thousand, who knows?), and would have no problem spending hundreds more.

Tonight, I spent over 900k VC on Gamebreakers. I pulled 4 Christies and 2 Richardsons. That's it. That's not ok.

2k finally did it. The pack odds have been awful all year, but you know what you're getting into when you buy. You're never guaranteed anything. But to spend 900 effing thousand VC and to pull six Rubies that sell for 2k each is insane.

2k turned an EASY paying customer, someone they could milk for a hundred dollars every week, and turned me off to the idea of ever spending another extra penny on this game. Nice work.
Ouch. That's some ****ty luck. I guess you win some you lose some. But the big losses hurt bad enough to make you never want to try again. I know the feeling. Hope my luck isn't as bad as yours when I get home from work. I already got some vc from when it was 50% off last week.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:30 PM   #3
MVP

I'm shocked you didn't at least get a few Amethyst. 900K of VC should give you a large enough sample size to literally guaranty you at least a couple Amethyst, if not at least one Diamond.

It should be literally impossible to open 900K VC worth of packs, in one continuous sitting, without getting at least a few of Amethysts in a set like this.

And, actually, I'd say at least one Diamond. The Amethysts are not going to be worth a lot.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:47 PM   #4
Pro

2k finally did it!

I can believe this. I spent 2 thousand actual dollars on VC for packs and opened them all pretty much all at once. Got like 3 gold Dragics and the rest of them were silvers... from the MVP packs... where the worst card in the theme was still a 95... hundreds of packs and not a single player better than 82...

Needless to say I don't play MT anymore and I'm much happier as if my wallet and my health since I don't have this stressed in my life anymore.
I will admit they got me good again this year though with the 99 Kobe pre-order thing. But you know what they say fool me one time shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, but I won't get fooled a third time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by E The Rhymer; 03-28-2017 at 10:49 PM.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:55 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer
I can believe this. I spent 2 thousand actual dollars on VC for packs and opened them all pretty much all at once. Got like 3 gold Dragics and the rest of them were silvers... from the MVP packs... where the worst card in the theme was still a 95... hundreds of packs and not a single player better than 82...
Wow. And I remember those packs were so prolific in dropping Amethysts that it was a market crash event.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2017, 02:26 AM   #6
Pro

and you guys said I was lying when I told you my best pull in two 20s was emerald Paul George. What's wrong with some people on this forum
Old 03-29-2017, 02:29 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer

Needless to say I don't play MT anymore and I'm much happier as if my wallet and my health since I don't have this stressed in my life anymore.
I will admit they got me good again this year though with the 99 Kobe pre-order thing. But you know what they say fool me one time shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, but I won't get fooled a third time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
not gonna lie the sale was a very smart move from 2k. I can barely afford to play my team without buying packs. It's so stupid and with badges being so cheap that's where they gave you because you buy them up and then you forget wow it's so damn expensive to run your God lineup. Next year I aint spending crap on this mode

there is only a few months left to enjoy this game anyways and its starting to get boring so it's pointless to spend money on it. I guarantee they will drop pink diamonds with 50 Hall of Fame badges if that's what it takes to keep people opening packs but it just turns me off even more
Old 03-29-2017, 04:31 AM   #8
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

I've probably dropped 150 bucks since release on VC and thought that was bad, some of you guys taking it to the next level, jesus.

And yes I earn a good salary blah blah too, it just irks me a bit that we're all here funding the 2K gravy train when there is still so much broken gameplay and presentation wise.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »