Home

What cards do you want to see next?

This is a discussion on What cards do you want to see next? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2017, 11:44 AM   #1
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

OVR: 0
What cards do you want to see next?

In a thread on another forum, someone told me I'd be back buying VC again in two weeks when a new theme comes out. Not gonna happen, but that got me to thinking about what cards would motivate me to make big moves to obtain.

For me, it would be...

Diamond Gilbert Arenas - I don't need to explain why.

Diamond Chris Webber - He hasn't had a card this year that justified using in any of my lineups, but I'd run a Diamond. Also, Go Blue.

Diamond Juwan Howard - Not gonna happen, but I'd love if it happened. Also, Go Blue.

Diamond Jamal Crawford - I loved his Diamond last year. Funny thing is, I'm not a dribble cheeser, so I didn't get as much out of the card as I should have. Also, Go Blue.

Diamond Glen Rice - If it were pullable, I would sell anything and everything that isn't locked in to get him. Also, Go Blue.

Diamond Eddie Jones - I don't know what it is about this card, but the Sapphire and Emerald are both pure cash. One of the easiest shots in the game. And funny story, I came across a dozen Heat #6 Eddie Jones jerseys dirt cheap. When Lebron was winning chips with the Heat, I sold those jerseys on eBay for $45 a pop as "vintage throwback Lebron Jones jerseys."

Diamond Micheal Ray Richardson - The hypebeasts would sleep on it, but the rest of us would get an MRR that could shoot and it'd be GGs for the rest of the year.

Diamond Jason Williams - A Jason Williams that can play defense would be insanely fun to use.

Diamond Dan Majerle - The best Ruby wing in the game would be insane as a Diamond.

Upgraded versions of Marcus Smart and Avery Bradley - Smart has unicorn athleticism and plays great defense. Bradley is a lockdown defender with a three ball, but needs to be fleshed out.

Sapphire? Nik Stauskas - Stauskas has a very easy release, and always puts up at least six or seven points when I sub him in for garbage time minutes. My Bronze has Gold Deep Range Deadeye, but I would love an upgraded version with more badge slots. I'm very tempted to throw him on the end of the bench on my best lineup and see what my opponent does when I put him in the game.

I think we're getting a Diamond Webber, and I'd be surprised if we don't get at least an Ammy White Chocolate. The rest are doubtful. What do you guys want to see?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2017, 11:54 AM   #2
Pro

Re: What cards do you want to see next?

I'm selling Diamond Jordan to get enough MT for Diamond LeBron when he drops. That's the one card I feel like I need rather than want.

Outside of LeBron, I really would love a Diamond Hakeem or a Diamond Garnett. I have the Amethyst versions from the Lockdown set, and they're both so much fun to use in the post. Their animations (and KG's midrange) are awesome and they just seem to move more fluidly than a lot of guys in the post. A Hakeem with properly dominant defensive stats and HOF post badges would be a game changer for me. Same for a more athletic and defensively dominant Garnett. I think post play might be my main focus going forward, so either one of those guys would be a big addition for me.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:40 PM   #3
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimaceZ7
In a thread on another forum, someone told me I'd be back buying VC again in two weeks when a new theme comes out. Not gonna happen, but that got me to thinking about what cards would motivate me to make big moves to obtain.

For me, it would be...

Diamond Gilbert Arenas - I don't need to explain why.

Diamond Chris Webber - He hasn't had a card this year that justified using in any of my lineups, but I'd run a Diamond. Also, Go Blue.

Diamond Juwan Howard - Not gonna happen, but I'd love if it happened. Also, Go Blue.

Diamond Jamal Crawford - I loved his Diamond last year. Funny thing is, I'm not a dribble cheeser, so I didn't get as much out of the card as I should have. Also, Go Blue.

Diamond Glen Rice - If it were pullable, I would sell anything and everything that isn't locked in to get him. Also, Go Blue.

Diamond Eddie Jones - I don't know what it is about this card, but the Sapphire and Emerald are both pure cash. One of the easiest shots in the game. And funny story, I came across a dozen Heat #6 Eddie Jones jerseys dirt cheap. When Lebron was winning chips with the Heat, I sold those jerseys on eBay for $45 a pop as "vintage throwback Lebron Jones jerseys."

Diamond Micheal Ray Richardson - The hypebeasts would sleep on it, but the rest of us would get an MRR that could shoot and it'd be GGs for the rest of the year.

Diamond Jason Williams - A Jason Williams that can play defense would be insanely fun to use.

Diamond Dan Majerle - The best Ruby wing in the game would be insane as a Diamond.

Upgraded versions of Marcus Smart and Avery Bradley - Smart has unicorn athleticism and plays great defense. Bradley is a lockdown defender with a three ball, but needs to be fleshed out.

Sapphire? Nik Stauskas - Stauskas has a very easy release, and always puts up at least six or seven points when I sub him in for garbage time minutes. My Bronze has Gold Deep Range Deadeye, but I would love an upgraded version with more badge slots. I'm very tempted to throw him on the end of the bench on my best lineup and see what my opponent does when I put him in the game.

I think we're getting a Diamond Webber, and I'd be surprised if we don't get at least an Ammy White Chocolate. The rest are doubtful. What do you guys want to see?
Diamond GP is MRR on steroids and a great jumpshot.

I do want to see a few cards though including that Diamond Gil.

Diamond Klay - Hard to imagine him going nuclear again especially with KD coming back but I love Diamond Eric Gordon and I know Klay would be just like that but a better defender w/ more badge slots.

Diamond Kyrie - A Kyrie with better hot spots and HOF Ankle Breaker is much needed.

Diamond J.R. - 2 words: Heat Check 🔥

Diamond BRoy - Anybody who seen him play knows.

Finally...

I know it may be controversial but I liked the Campus Legends pack. I don't mind a mode that's based on impossible fantasy teams to cook up some players that aren't exactly realistically rated. So I propose that after the draft we get a CL2 collection with the incoming rookie class. Lonzo, Markelle, Jackson, Tatum, etc. Not sure if Madden still does it but I know in the past they have added the rookies into the game before the next iteration. Collection reward has to be LaVar though 😂.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-30-2017, 01:14 PM   #4
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Diamond Curry
Old 03-30-2017, 01:18 PM   #5
Pro

Prime KG please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2017, 01:29 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

PD Harden with maxed out athleticism and better defense. We'll probably get it when he wins MVP.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:51 PM   #7
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Diamond Dr J
Old 03-30-2017, 01:54 PM   #8
Rookie

aLargeJewishGuy's Arena

Nobody has mentioned Diamond Kawhi or Diamond AI?

I'd say Diamond #24 Kobe but I already know it's coming as part of the USA MJ collection.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »