Home

Did they nerf three pointers?

This is a discussion on Did they nerf three pointers? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2017, 12:58 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Did they nerf three pointers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstank
What are you seeing in the post?
I use Ewing and his moves weren't as effective and couldn't get a high rated shot.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:55 PM   #10
Pro

Bi00's Arena

I just played an MTO game against a typical ruby squad difficulty mismatch and threes were just not going in on both sides. I'm ecstatic with the changes. 2-3 zone is back! Post play is dominate and it's mismatch basketball at its finest again.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:03 PM   #11
Pro

anditbeg1ns's Arena

I like the change to make the game harder, but at the same time, it seems like they knew they screw up with creating all these players who has no business with 90+ threes and wanted to cover up the mess.

I think the change (most likely tweaking of sliders) may apply to MTO games only. I played a few games as the Bucks in PNO this morning, and I was hitting 3's just fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2017, 02:06 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

I hate cheesers as much as anyone but an overly effective 2-3 zone in the NBA is not realistic. I would like to see them nerf the contested shots. Wide open shots for good shooters should go in at a good rate.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:14 PM   #13
Rookie

I should have waited until this morning to play. I needed to win 1 out of two games to get out of the Amy League and ran into two consecutive Jimmers. Last night he was like curry in 2K15. I'm glad they are nerfing the 3's. Even though I benefitted on many occasions from OP treys, I think that game will be better this way. The easiest long-term solution would be to nerf the hell out of off-the-dribble 3's. Steph Curry only shoots 36% on contested threes. Klay Thompson shoots 29%. Pull up 3's have been WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too effective for a long time now.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:16 PM   #14
Pro

Scooby Doo's Arena

Mike wang said changing green release odds back again soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2017, 02:23 PM   #15
Pro

Just played my first MTO game with the nerfed 3PT shooting and I'm digging it. I went 5/14 (36%) from behind the arc, and my opponent (who was a zig zag cheeser) shot 20% from 3. I'm definitely going to be more judicious in taking open 3's and focusing on the corners.

I didn't notice any real changes to the post game. I dominated my opponent inside with Oscar and Magic, which is going to be an even bigger part of my game if I'm cutting down 3s. I know it's only one game, but I think this is going to be a really good thing for neutralizing cheesers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2017, 02:24 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Doo
Mike wang said changing green release odds back again soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What the hell? Why?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »