Home

Did they nerf three pointers?

This is a discussion on Did they nerf three pointers? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2017, 02:50 PM   #17
Rookie

K_Aug's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Did they nerf three pointers?

Just finished a game. My opponent shot 2/23 from 3 lol. I'm digging the adjustment but they should at least tweak the 3 ball a little bit more in a positive manner for green releases at the elbows and top of the arc. Straight white bars or red bars eliminates that entire part of the court for everyone.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:20 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Aug
Just finished a game. My opponent shot 2/23 from 3 lol. I'm digging the adjustment but they should at least tweak the 3 ball a little bit more in a positive manner for green releases at the elbows and top of the arc. Straight white bars or red bars eliminates that entire part of the court for everyone.
The three is a huge part of the NBA game now, being unable to run and gun is unrealistic. Pounding it in the post is not common anymore in the NBA and especially not the hook shot... I think they need to separate the settings for MyPlayer modes from regular NBA modes because what makes sense for one does not for the other.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:30 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
The three is a huge part of the NBA game now, being unable to run and gun is unrealistic. Pounding it in the post is not common anymore in the NBA and especially not the hook shot... I think they need to separate the settings for MyPlayer modes from regular NBA modes because what makes sense for one does not for the other.
3s are a big part of the game, but big men consistently making 60% from 3 is not. Having a team full of players who shoot over 50% from 3 over a large sample size is also not realistic. The best shooters in the NBA hit 40-45% of their 3s. Considering this is a mode of some of the greats of all time, 45% is still somewhat unrealistic but at least plausible.

I shot 36% from 3 in my first game since the shooting change, and I'm totally fine with that. In fact, I think that's pretty realistic based on the quality of shots I took and the players I took them with. This is a fantasy mode in terms of having the opportunity to have great players from all eras on your team, but it doesn't need to be a totally arcade gameplay experience. I don't think you should only be able to green corner 3s, but I also don't want the percentages to go back to what they were.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:41 PM   #20
Rookie

This game plays like real basketball again. It is amazing now. It isn't just a post only game now. Open threes are going in but not every time. Contested 3's are not. Defense matters again.

Not only the adjustment to 3's but the dribbling is realistic again. Now you can't just spam dribble moves until you eventually get by the defender. You can still beat the defender but it is realistic.

I do not feel one bit sorry for the cheesers who iso dribble spammed, turbo fastbreak, drive and kick to 3 pointer offenses. They never ran one thing that even closely resembled an offense and now they are losing bigtime. It is comical trying to watch them up to their old tricks that don't work. Most fun I've had in a long time.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:54 PM   #21
Rookie

Now everyone will just off-ball in the paint with Yao ming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2017, 05:47 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityspecial
Now everyone will just off-ball in the paint with Yao ming.
A lot of people did that already
Old 04-08-2017, 06:19 PM   #23
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by landman2069
This game plays like real basketball again. It is amazing now. It isn't just a post only game now. Open threes are going in but not every time. Contested 3's are not. Defense matters again.

Not only the adjustment to 3's but the dribbling is realistic again. Now you can't just spam dribble moves until you eventually get by the defender. You can still beat the defender but it is realistic.

I do not feel one bit sorry for the cheesers who iso dribble spammed, turbo fastbreak, drive and kick to 3 pointer offenses. They never ran one thing that even closely resembled an offense and now they are losing bigtime. It is comical trying to watch them up to their old tricks that don't work. Most fun I've had in a long time.
That's why I've never been good at MTO. I run plays and take shots with whoever is open - and I built my team, offensive system and freelance around that concept, so nobody is ever open in a spot where they can't hit the shot - and the guys who beat me are always the ones who shoot from half court with Jimmer, or zig zig and then pop an off dribble three, or turbo cheese down the court. Whenever I have face someone who plays like an adult who has seen a basketball game before, I've won. Hopefully this trend continues and they work on the effectiveness of steal spamming.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:02 PM   #24
Pro

anditbeg1ns's Arena

Did they nerf three pointers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstank
3s are a big part of the game, but big men consistently making 60% from 3 is not. Having a team full of players who shoot over 50% from 3 over a large sample size is also not realistic. The best shooters in the NBA hit 40-45% of their 3s. Considering this is a mode of some of the greats of all time, 45% is still somewhat unrealistic but at least plausible.

I shot 36% from 3 in my first game since the shooting change, and I'm totally fine with that. In fact, I think that's pretty realistic based on the quality of shots I took and the players I took them with. This is a fantasy mode in terms of having the opportunity to have great players from all eras on your team, but it doesn't need to be a totally arcade gameplay experience. I don't think you should only be able to green corner 3s, but I also don't want the percentages to go back to what they were.

I think big men hitting 60% from three is more of a product of freelance setups and the ratings they were given rather than difficulty sliders. I feel that the fix all along would have been not to release so many OP 3pt shooters. If I run a team of players with 85 3pts and below and not run the 5 out offense, I wouldn't be able to hit 40% from 3's consistently on Superstar level.

After the patch, now even if I have a team full of 90+ three pt shooters with HOF badges (basically players in the top 5-10 percentile in the league in terms of shooting) i may not even shoot above 40% for the game, and I would not call that realistic.

For someone who is a budget baller or just starting new and could not afford the best shooters, they may as well give up the 3pt shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »