Home

Did they nerf three pointers?

This is a discussion on Did they nerf three pointers? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2017, 05:06 AM   #49
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Did they nerf three pointers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board
skills matter man, anyone who disagrees with me please feel free to 1V1 on my team or mycourt or I don't care

we already give 2K so much control on the defense event with all these animations and bumping crap and blocking the opponent and the opponent gets the ball right back in a great position to either shoot a wide-open three or dunk it.. They finally fix that a little bit according to their patch notes and then they completely take control away from shooting

please give me responsive defense, contested shots not going in,and shooting wide-open shots with perfect releases going in.. That's all I ask for as a skilled user. aSmart AI that gets back in transition would be nice but that maybe too much to ask for I will settle for those three
That's arcade basketball, good thing i don't play online so even if 2k does that i won't be affected. I would dislike a game where if i know release and i am open i should make every 3. That's simply not basketball, that's a arcadish form of basketball. And i guess you and many people would have no problem with that and you would love it. But i want to feel like a coach that puts his team in the best possible situation to win in, not like a god who determines every possible outcome. Coach can set up the perfect strategy, make everything right, but if players don't perform well enough the team will still lose.

And i certainly believe 2k online will slowly become what you are describing. Many people who play it find a game fun and they like it but they come from a gaming community more than from a basketball one. And these people played Lol, Dota, CoD etc where if you are more skilled, if you can hit your skillshots, you will win. Maybe it's fair, i don't know, but i know it's not realistic. When i play offline myleague with real% shooting type with my shot meter off i am not mad when my players miss an open shot, i know i did a good job because i outplayed my opponent just the execution was lacking, but it is promising, next time he'll probably make it.

I don't know if you guys have played real basketball. But there is much randomness so to call it, not every time the best and the most skilled team win. There is so much more in basketball than a pure skill. Golden State lost to Lakers early in the season, doesn't sound realistic does it?

Last edited by Johnnythelegend; 04-09-2017 at 05:09 AM.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:28 AM   #50
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
This attitude is cancerous, "1v1 me man", what are you, 12?

Timing should matter to an extent, so should the player's ratings, and so should realism. You remove one of those three and the game becomes nothing like the actual sport it's supposed to simulate.

I don't see why they can't just make it so if they have to have green releases, they can't be something like a 70% chance of going in, which is still ridiculously high but at least allows some variation in outcomes.
It's not the first time either.. "1v1 me" is his go to in more than one post.. Honestly I don't even know why I was quoted considering not a single thing in his post concerned me or my post that he quoted.. But since it was mentioned I'll just say that 1v1 in a game built around 5v5 game is and always will be the the worst display of how good you actually are.. Just because someone knows every move in the game doesn't mean they know how to put it all together in the context of a 10 player game.. It's like the children that want to 1v1 in Call of Duty.. What does that actually prove when every single competitive mode is 6v6 or 4v4 in the pro leagues..
Old 04-09-2017, 07:34 AM   #51
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
This attitude is cancerous, "1v1 me man", what are you, 12?

Timing should matter to an extent, so should the player's ratings, and so should realism. You remove one of those three and the game becomes nothing like the actual sport it's supposed to simulate.

I don't see why they can't just make it so if they have to have green releases, they can't be something like a 70% chance of going in, which is still ridiculously high but at least allows some variation in outcomes.
it's not really I mean if somebody disagrees with me about skills mattering then hey 1v1 me and I'll show you skills matter in either my court or mycareer

I dont need this patch to beat anyone, i'm tired of 2K make me work harder than I need to to get a freaking win. Who is the real winner the person who spent 3 1/2 quarters jacking up contested shots and having fun winning only to lose a close game or the skilled Player who had to work 10 times harder on both sides just to have a chance to win the freaking game because if you screwed up and did the same thing you would immediately get blown out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2017, 07:38 AM   #52
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythelegend
That's arcade basketball, good thing i don't play online so even if 2k does that i won't be affected. I would dislike a game where if i know release and i am open i should make every 3. That's simply not basketball, that's a arcadish form of basketball. And i guess you and many people would have no problem with that and you would love it. But i want to feel like a coach that puts his team in the best possible situation to win in, not like a god who determines every possible outcome. Coach can set up the perfect strategy, make everything right, but if players don't perform well enough the team will still lose.

And i certainly believe 2k online will slowly become what you are describing. Many people who play it find a game fun and they like it but they come from a gaming community more than from a basketball one. And these people played Lol, Dota, CoD etc where if you are more skilled, if you can hit your skillshots, you will win. Maybe it's fair, i don't know, but i know it's not realistic. When i play offline myleague with real% shooting type with my shot meter off i am not mad when my players miss an open shot, i know i did a good job because i outplayed my opponent just the execution was lacking, but it is promising, next time he'll probably make it.

I don't know if you guys have played real basketball. But there is much randomness so to call it, not every time the best and the most skilled team win. There is so much more in basketball than a pure skill. Golden State lost to Lakers early in the season, doesn't sound realistic does it?
you do realize we are talking about my team where you can have Jordan and Shaq and Kobe on the same team right? oh wait I'm sorry and a 99 overall Jimmer freddette and tyler hansboro

and every center has a three point shot with a higher rating than Stephen Curry
Old 04-09-2017, 08:20 AM   #53
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board
you do realize we are talking about my team where you can have Jordan and Shaq and Kobe on the same team right? oh wait I'm sorry and a 99 overall Jimmer freddette and tyler hansboro

and every center has a three point shot with a higher rating than Stephen Curry
I haven't been on the MyTeam board that long, but based on what I've seen from you, none of what you've said in this thread surprises me. People who think that every open shot with your souped up players should go in are hurting this game as much as 2Ks ridiculous ratings system. I'm sure Mike Wang sees people like you freaking out because you think it's realistic for 70-80% of your open shots to go in, so he goes back on a change that has made the game more realistic. 2K made Steph Curry's 3 point ratings in the base roster all 99s because he had the greatest shooting season in NBA history...he shot 45%.

In general, the small but dedicated crowd of people who post here love basketball and want the gameplay to at least try to reflect the real thing, yes even in a fantasy mode of great players from different eras. There are other boards filled with people who want and enjoy an arcade experience, but this ain't that.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:15 AM   #54
MVP

I don't think anyone wants open shots going in 100% and that wasn't even happening before because you have online lag and human error involved. Also if a 90+ three shooter is wide open yes the defense should be consistently punished for that or everyone would play zone and you'd lose alot of ability to run plays.

Anyway you don't do this 7 months into a release.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:51 AM   #55
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Welp, 3pt shooting is back to how it was before now.

GG
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2017, 11:06 AM   #56
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Welp, 3pt shooting is back to how it was before now.

GG
I guess one day of real basketball is all we can expect from 2K haha

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »