Home

Did they nerf three pointers?

This is a discussion on Did they nerf three pointers? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2017, 11:25 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Did they nerf three pointers?

Problem here must be that they cater to the Park player who can't find the pass button, thinks flicking the stick to dribble is skill, and wants to drain half court 3's every time they shoot because they are so "skilled" at timing a button push. How often in real life did Yao try to steal the inbounds pass 90 feet away from the basket he was supposed to protect?

Basketball is not any of that and probably 90% play like I described online. Then they get on the mic and trash talk like they are really something because they hit 3 stepback contested three's in a row. If you get up on them you are trash too and they start moaning how 2k isn't being fair. That wasn't a foul, should have been a block, should have been a green release.

The game actually worked for 1 day and the immature gaming community was going bonkers. I'm sure Jordan had many "green releases" in his day that never went in. Well at least we know 2k could have realistic gameplay but it is a sad day that they cater to the worst basketball gamers.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:32 AM   #58
MVP

It's not the same, shooting fairly normal when open standing still but coming to a quick stop and shooting or off a moving catch shoot is not normal. I can't figure out what the shot logic is yet.

I think the zig zag runaround shots are mostly eliminated which is good just want to know what they've done officially.

Last edited by knick9; 04-09-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:50 PM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
It's not the same, shooting fairly normal when open standing still but coming to a quick stop and shooting or off a moving catch shoot is not normal. I can't figure out what the shot logic is yet.

I think the zig zag runaround shots are mostly eliminated which is good just want to know what they've done officially.
If this is the "happy medium" then it is still a positive step forward from where we initially started.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-09-2017, 11:06 PM   #60
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

At least they fixed the double team issue with this patch. I used to get so annoyed when my guys would switch and then my CPU defender would run back to his original man even though I'd be covering him leaving somebody wide open.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 04-09-2017, 11:16 PM   #61
MVP

I'm totally lost as to what's a good shot anymore, I never know what to expect, they should have simply made shooting just a little more difficult--just a little.

Also now my post game with Ewing who has great HOF badges has been nearly eliminated, everything is contested and the moves don't work like they used to...

IDK I really don't want to learn a new game or reinvent my strategy this late in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2017, 12:18 AM   #62
Pro

We're definitely back to the old settings, or maybe even easier. I've hit over 60% of my 3s today, and I'm greening more than I ever have. So much for a more realistic experience
Old 04-10-2017, 01:24 AM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstank
We're definitely back to the old settings, or maybe even easier. I've hit over 60% of my 3s today, and I'm greening more than I ever have. So much for a more realistic experience

I thought it was just me, but I'm definitely getting WAY more greens. Got like 5 last game even though I went 7/14. Every corner 3 was a green.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-10-2017, 01:40 AM   #64
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstank
I haven't been on the MyTeam board that long, but based on what I've seen from you, none of what you've said in this thread surprises me. People who think that every open shot with your souped up players should go in are hurting this game as much as 2Ks ridiculous ratings system. I'm sure Mike Wang sees people like you freaking out because you think it's realistic for 70-80% of your open shots to go in, so he goes back on a change that has made the game more realistic. 2K made Steph Curry's 3 point ratings in the base roster all 99s because he had the greatest shooting season in NBA history...he shot 45%.

In general, the small but dedicated crowd of people who post here love basketball and want the gameplay to at least try to reflect the real thing, yes even in a fantasy mode of great players from different eras. There are other boards filled with people who want and enjoy an arcade experience, but this ain't that.
Who made you king of this board? We are still talking about my team a fantasy mode not a sim basketball mode. if getting your players open and beating your man to get good shots is not going to work then what the heck do you want to work?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »