Home

Off-ball defense

This is a discussion on Off-ball defense within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2017, 02:36 AM   #17
Rookie

Chas3's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Off-ball defense

Yeah I had to quit MyTeam altogether despite really liking the mode because for one, I always got matched up with multi-diamond teams. That seemed to kill the defensive reliability of my team. PG, Klay, etc. all just help off jump shooters. I literally wanted to build my team off defense but the off-ball is so ridiculous that you can't really do that.
Old 04-22-2017, 11:40 AM   #18
Rookie

aLargeJewishGuy's Arena

Is there anything I can do in the defensive settings to combat the over-helping on dribble penetration. Too many times I'll have someone like Unseld come off a screen and then pippen will leave Klay wide open in the corner just to get another contest on a layup. "Deny" doesn't help but so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-22-2017, 02:12 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas3
Yeah I had to quit MyTeam altogether despite really liking the mode because for one, I always got matched up with multi-diamond teams. That seemed to kill the defensive reliability of my team. PG, Klay, etc. all just help off jump shooters. I literally wanted to build my team off defense but the off-ball is so ridiculous that you can't really do that.
good decision, save your hairline.

what I do is I just don't take it seriously anymore. I don't do the challenges, I don't play a bunch of games in a row like I used to. I spend my team coins on packs which is something I never did before.

The only way I see myself getting interested in this mode again is if I pull a card that gets me back to what my team was before, worth over 400,000 mt.

without being that invested in it I feel like it's nice to just play the mode without taking it too seriously.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:31 PM   #20
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board
good decision, save your hairline.

what I do is I just don't take it seriously anymore. I don't do the challenges, I don't play a bunch of games in a row like I used to. I spend my team coins on packs which is something I never did before.

The only way I see myself getting interested in this mode again is if I pull a card that gets me back to what my team was before, worth over 400,000 mt.

without being that invested in it I feel like it's nice to just play the mode without taking it too seriously.
I'm running Emerald-Sapphire-Ruby lineups and grinding the AH working on getting PD Kobe. I'm finding that more fun than playing cheesers all running the same dumbed down lineup.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »