Home

What End Game Cards Are Left?

This is a discussion on What End Game Cards Are Left? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2017, 05:39 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
What End Game Cards Are Left?

Somehow we're 7 or 8 months into the game cycle, and I'm wondering who's left? As in, what elite historic players are no brainers to be a part of upcoming theme packs?

I could really use a do-it-all PF/C right now (basically Diamond Embiid with better animations). I don't see any bigs left in the playoffs who will have the well-rounded ratings I'm looking for combined with the size I want at those positions. I've seen people mention Diamond KG, Diamond Hakeem and Diamond Shaq as if they're slam dunks to come out at some point, but it's the middle of April and they're all still MIA. For MyTeam veterans, what can we expect in the near future?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2017, 05:48 PM   #2
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Re: What End Game Cards Are Left?

I'm waiting on that PD Miami LeBron, but most of these cards were leaked months ago and almost all of them have been true with minor statistical and badge upgrades so you can bet on these cards eventually releasing. Hopefully I still have interest in the game though.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:37 PM   #3
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Notable missing historical diamonds/pink diamonds: (not counting the USA cards left)

Lebron
Hakeem
Shaq
Kareem
Garnett
Iverson

Edit: Oh Dirk of course.

Last edited by Bi00; 04-17-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:54 PM   #4
MVP

I think the cards you mention are slam-dunks. They have to get released, somehow: DI Garnett, DI Hakeem, and PD Lakers Shaq. Also, as Isdatyt notes, DI/PD LeBron.

Judging from recent releases, DI Garnett and Hakeem should have 80 or higher Lat Quickness. Garnett may get a solid 3-ball and Hakeem might even get a viable 3-ball. Shaq may be more athletic and mobile than we'd ever have anticipated before. And LBJ may be the ideal smaller Stretch 4 (with AD being the ideal larger Stretch 4).

There also will be Team USA DI Karl Malone, but while they might gift him with fantasy speed/mobility and outside shooting, but judging from his Game Breakers Amethyst, I doubt he'll be as fantasy in those regards as others. Team USA DI Larry Bird, I bet, will be an excellent Stretch 4. I still find his Amethyst playable at that position, on an otherwise all-DI/PD team.

There will also be PD Barkley, who obviously is obtainable only by the 1% or less.

There will be the PD Bob Pettit, obtainable by everyone.

There also ought to be a PD Kareem, a PD Bill Russell, a DI Nowitzki, a DI KAT, and maybe a DI Draymond. That's for frontcourt players.

There should also be higher-end versions of MJ, Curry, Klay, Kyrie, Dr. J, and some others...
Old 04-17-2017, 08:29 PM   #5
MVP

Oh crap, I forgot: Diamond Giannis.

Diamond Giannis, Diamond Giannis, Diamond Giannis. Going to be an epic, epic card.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2017, 06:52 AM   #6
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

I am still holding out for a diamond Chris Webber with high passing and ball control. His ruby is fun and powerful for what it is, but can't compete with top end cards.

We need Moses Malone too, did they lose his rights when he died or something?

Also a higher rated Pete Maravich as I loved that card last year.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-18-2017, 11:54 AM   #7
Pro

anditbeg1ns's Arena

On a separate note, I expect USA MJ to be the reward last USA theme set, it will be a PD with higher attributes than Barkley.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-18-2017, 12:08 PM   #8
Rookie

aLargeJewishGuy's Arena

Nobody has faith in a Diamond Mamba??!

Aside from the sure-thing Lakers Shaq, this card is what I neeeeeeed

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »