Home

Anyone play MyTeam just for Single player?

This is a discussion on Anyone play MyTeam just for Single player? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2017, 06:40 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone play MyTeam just for Single player?

I wish there was more to single player after you basically beat the Domination modes.

Weekly challenges are nice for MT and rewards but they're a waste to play with a real squad. Moments challenges usually have requirements which aren't bad but I feel there's no way to just have fun playing in this mode by yourself.

I pulled diamond Rondo yesterday (my first diamond pull after spending a ton of saved up VC on packs for the fun of it) and I wanted to use him but not online. I ended up playing a domination game randomly just because it was the only thing I could think of to test him out. Even then because of substitutions I didn't get the best feel for him. I have started a second MyTeam on my other account and grinding through domination for fun again and to see how my team changes up but I really wish there was more to this mode like last year (which wasn't at all great but at least it felt there was more variety). It's amazing that last year, I played more Pro-Am/MyCareer before getting into MyTeam at the tail end of the game. This year, I've made time for MyTeam but it only lasts for a little bit before I either blow all my MT stupidly or run out of stuff to do that's not cheesy online related.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:19 PM   #10
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljax
I consider myself a sim player and I refuse to play a certain way just to win. I have not even touched multiplayer on 2k17 besides playing gauntlet twice. I basically gave up on playing against the 2k community online, after making it to seed 2 last year. Everyone just tries to cheese you to hell or have super stacked teams. I haven't put a single cent into myteam but I have a pretty decent team in my eyes and have enjoyed doing the challenges when they are available.
Same here. I wont put a cent into myteam but I have a solid team as well. I should finish regular domination tonight and start on the historic. I'm pretty pumped. I always start playing myteam later in the year, cause decent players are cheap on the AH then you can breeze through domination. Though I wish I could choose the difficulty in domination.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:39 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
Does anyone else play MyTeam just for the single player experience? I always wait until around playoff time to really dig into myteam because;

1. I refuse to spend money on a mode and you can get super cheap but good cards.

2. Playing H2H online (especially on PC where I play) just isn't fun in 2k.

But I love the challenges and the domination modes. I also like trying to build the best team I can with no money spent on VC. Right now since we got the free 75k from twitch, my squad has Diamond Van Exel, Ruby Powell, Ruby Joe Johnson, Beast Ruby Jabari Parker and Ruby Willie Caulie Stein. And now I am in the middle of finding quality gold or cheap emerald players to work out my bench to about 9 deep or so then use silver and bronze for the last 4 spots.

So is there anyone else that just likes casually playing myteam SP?
I agree about H2H so I mostly play the challenge mode and not much online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2017, 07:21 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Little late to the discussion here, but this is me primarily. The one thing I don't like is I cannot go back and beat older challenges.

Once week 34 is gone, it's gone for good.

No bueno.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:40 AM   #13
Pro

I think next year they need a lot more offline content. Let us play seasons against CPU teams with the ability to select difficulty and quarter length. Also provide separate split stats for offline seasons and online mto content on our cards.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:54 PM   #14
Rookie

I wonder if it's intentional that 2k has cut back on the amount of offline content, the same way Madden Ultimate Team has this year (albeit enormously more than what 2k offers). The future of gaming is obviously online, but I don't like that I'm forced to move in that direction.

Just some food for thought. Guess we will find out next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »