Home

Weekly Challanges...

This is a discussion on Weekly Challanges... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2016, 01:50 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Weekly Challanges...

What is with this Miami challange?? I'm on my 5th try now lol the first one is usually a cakewalk! I've been using my A squad and it's gone down to a buzzer beater loss every time... A lot of time when I repeat challanges I notice the same weird stuff repeat itself every game (Full court pass off the Back Board), Francis going nuts for like 8 steals in the 4th are 2 examples I can think of with this one. Also once you get tied up the game no longer feels like it's on Pro as Miami starts draining everything, just my 2 cents on this weeks challanges so far, hopefully the rest of them don't give me this much trouble.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2016, 01:59 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Weekly Challanges...

Funny thing is, had to try the first one 3 times (2 times c squad and 1 time a squad) other challanges were super easy.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G361F met Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2016, 07:02 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
What is with this Miami challange?? I'm on my 5th try now lol the first one is usually a cakewalk! I've been using my A squad and it's gone down to a buzzer beater loss every time... A lot of time when I repeat challanges I notice the same weird stuff repeat itself every game (Full court pass off the Back Board), Francis going nuts for like 8 steals in the 4th are 2 examples I can think of with this one. Also once you get tied up the game no longer feels like it's on Pro as Miami starts draining everything, just my 2 cents on this weeks challanges so far, hopefully the rest of them don't give me this much trouble.
This one was troubling as USA Magic, West or Frazier couldn't slow Dragic, so finally did it with MRR, Amy Lebron, Pippen, Bosh and Mourning. Full court press with MRR/Lebron on Pg/SG and doubled the ballhandler with Pippen as Winslow couldn't punish the lapse on D very well(switching quickly back and forth to Zo to watch the paint/long pass). Felt like I totally abandoned my A squad or really any offensive powerhouses to get this one

Rest of the challenges are easy and the Christmas challenges really don't seem worth the hassle for not helping towards Willis Reed. Good luck.
Old 12-26-2016, 07:48 PM   #4
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

I underestimated the severity of the comeback, didn't realize you were down by that much, and went in it with my emerald lineup. I wasn't making up much ground by the 4th, so I called it quits.

My main lineup even had a scare going into overtime, but thankfully I destroyed them in the OT by like 15.

I'm all for 2k throwing curveball challenges though, breaks the monotony of things. I just wish we could get more 12 minute quarter challenges so you can actually test out new players / plays / new schemes / etc. since 2k won't give myteam a scrimmage mode.
Old 12-26-2016, 09:40 PM   #5
Pro

Managed to beat the challenege with a crap squad in the 4th. Didnt realize your behind 30+ points. Had prigioni as my starter and by the 4th i was still down 20. Somehow Rozier off the bench was getting every steal and i managed to get the win in OT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2016, 03:34 AM   #6
Rookie

didak7's Arena

Took me 4 go's
Old 12-28-2016, 03:42 PM   #7
MVP

I forget if I said so here on this forum, or elsewhere, but this Challenge was really tough for me. I think I had to play it 4 or 5 times. The initial deficit is so huge that you have to shoot at 60%+, keep the CPU to like 30% or less, and also keep the pace high.

And this does not feel like standard Pro Difficulty. I missed a lot of A+ but non-green 3-point shots. And Chris Bosh and Josh Richardson could not be left to take open shots.

When I won, my shooting split were .750/.860/1.00 and I held the Heat to .260/.017/.36. Won 86-79.

But I also didn't load the decks with my lineup. A good lineup, but not OP in starting lineup, and with a cheap Silver/Gold Current bench spelling my starters for a few minutes:

AM Stockton / Rubio
EM Klay / W. Matthews
SA Kawhi / B. Ingram
RU Malone / R. Anderson
SA Gasol / Kanter

I had to manual Malone a lot to make sure he stuck close to Bosh, to hound him into 1-9 shooting and no threes attempted at all.

But, it's ridiculous: the only Heat player who scored more than 3 points was Josh Richardson, with 8. That's more or less what it takes to beat this Challenge. This was as hard, maybe harder, than the final Historic Domination game, for me.
Old 12-28-2016, 05:04 PM   #8
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Was it really that hard? Just put the best steal players in and just collect 20+ steals. Reach reach reach.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »