Home

Diamond Hakeem Review & Gameplay

This is a discussion on Diamond Hakeem Review & Gameplay within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2017, 11:29 PM   #1
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Thumbs up Diamond Hakeem Review & Gameplay

Some of you may know that I love the post game this year. I've been waiting for a final version of Hakeem all year and this one did not disappoint.

Strengths:

1) Post Moves - We all know this is what Hakeem is known for. This year you can do so much damage in the low post and with all the post badges HOF, Hakeem is a nightmare down there. His post hook caught me off guard because its really good and pretty easy to green. His dropstep animations are faster than everybody else's

2) Pick n Roll/Pick n Pop - I'm surprised they gave him HOF Brick Wall and HOF pick and roll/pop. This makes him really really hard to guard. When guys starting doubling Hakeem in the post, i would often go to the PnR and because he sets really hard screens, you get an open shot about 80% of the time. Notice in the video he laid a couple ppl out with those screens. 98 strength + HOF Brick Wall = Cheese

3) Defense - He has all of the defensive badges on HOF. He has gotten dunked on once or twice but generally he protects the rim really well. Also he has a 0 foul tendency which means he contests shots well without fouling. 92 steal so he can strip just about every Center.

4) Rebounding - Hakeem has maxed out rebounding ratings with an 85 vert. The vert is really important in 2K and for this reason i've seen him outrebound lots of other Centers. He jumps so high in the air at 7ft tall that Diamond Rodman can't even compete.

Weaknesses:

At this point in 2K none of the high end cards have any true weaknesses. But instead its more about animation preferences. His shot is not the smoothest but it gets the job done. I would rather D.Rob's jumpshot though. I also think 2K went too far by giving him an 85 three lol. 75 would have been fine with me but 85 is too much. Obviously not a weakness, just a realism factor i would have preferred.

Overall, this card is everything you could imagine and more if you're looking for an end game Center. 10 HOF badges speaks for itself. If you like running your offense through the post, then he is a MUST have. If not, then it's probably not worth it spending 400k+ on him. He is a lot better than Embiid in my opinion and feels like D.Rob, Ewing, and Embiid all combined into one unrealistic beast.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2017, 11:47 PM   #2
Rookie

mightybao's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Diamond Hakeem Review & Gameplay

Anyone know how to do the dream shake with Hakeem?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-27-2017, 03:21 AM   #3
Rookie

What mode do you play. Why your shoot bar is instant? If it is not competitive online MT mode than your review is pointless.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:52 AM   #4
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misima
What mode do you play. Why your shoot bar is instant? If it is not competitive online MT mode than your review is pointless.
I play with the shot meter off. All i play is MTO so all gameplay is from online games...
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 04-27-2017, 05:08 AM   #5
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misima

Young blood you have no idea who you talking to
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2017, 07:30 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I play with the shot meter off. All i play is MTO so all gameplay is from online games...
Im sorry, Im noob. Can you pleas tell me how does it work? So it depend from player skill only than? How to do it?
Old 04-27-2017, 10:39 AM   #7
Pro

Man, that up and under just kills people. Everyone online is so jumpy haha. Great video and review, Earv!

MUST...HAVE...HAKEEM
Old 04-27-2017, 11:08 AM   #8
Rookie

mightybao's Arena

i'm so glad i got him day 1 for 450K. He is 100K more now! I've been in freestyle but I think they got rid of the dream shake animation from 2k16!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »