Home

Dynamic Duos Updated 4/27

This is a discussion on Dynamic Duos Updated 4/27 within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2017, 06:14 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Dynamic Duos Updated 4/27

I also just realized that the ruby moments Blake Griffin has 2 hall of fame badges + 12 gold badges and he only goes for 5,000 MT. I enjoy his animations this year in the post and on dunks, so I had to pick one up.

But it's a shame though that there's not an easily obtainable Chris Paul card that is worth pairing up with Blake. 2K needs to make the ruby Blake and ruby moments CP3 a dynamic duo so that we don't have to lock in the historic Hornets set to run a competitive lob city lineup.

Last edited by jyoung; 05-13-2017 at 07:13 AM.
Old 05-13-2017, 06:30 AM   #18
Rookie

AussieAdz19's Arena

OVR: 0

Love the Dynamic Duo updates but we definitely need more. It adds a variety to the lineups instead of everyone using the same 5/6 OP Diamond cards. It also gives budget ballers the chance to keep up with these All Diamond squads.

Bird and Parish upgrade to 95 Overall each turning them into solid diamonds. Bird's shooting/playmaking actually look more like the legend himself, Parish gets almost maxed rebounding and mid boost with a 77 OPEN THREE ball.

Also I have the twin towers Ralph Sampson and Ruby Hakeem with Diamond Block/Strength Shoe coming of the bench. Both get upgraded into 92 Overall and Hakeem plays like his Amy if not better. Sampson is actually my Yao stopper while The Dream works his magic in the post.

I actually sold my Diamond Mutombo today because I needed more offensive punch and these Duos are really great two way players. The Stockton/Malone Duo looks really fun to use but Stockton is so rare these days for a good price.

Now only if they release a Amy Pippen to pair with my Amy MJ.

Last edited by AussieAdz19; 05-13-2017 at 06:34 AM.
Old 05-13-2017, 02:56 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
But it's a shame though that there's not an easily obtainable Chris Paul card that is worth pairing up with Blake. 2K needs to make the ruby Blake and ruby moments CP3 a dynamic duo so that we don't have to lock in the historic Hornets set to run a competitive lob city lineup.
Just uselessly musing out loud here, but maybe it would be best and coolest to make duos that persist across card versions, and adjust boosts so that they're sensible in relation.

So that all CP3's duo with all Blakes. And, as random example, during lobs between them, the CP3 has HoF LC Passer and Blake has HoF LC Finisher. (And nobody has HoF badging otherwise.)

Doesn't have to be that of course.

Not sure if I'd prefer the consistency or the variety of duos.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:00 PM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Just uselessly musing out loud here, but maybe it would be best and coolest to make duos that persist across card versions, and adjust boosts so that they're sensible in relation.

So that all CP3's duo with all Blakes. And, as random example, during lobs between them, the CP3 has HoF LC Passer and Blake has HoF LC Finisher. (And nobody has HoF badging otherwise.)

Doesn't have to be that of course.

Not sure if I'd prefer the consistency or the variety of duos.
I was thinking that same thing earlier. Like I want to run penny and shaq duo but I don't want to use emerald penny when I have the diamond. They could just have a long list of duos that work across tiers with multiple players as well. Not just restricting to one pair. I mean.. Every cp3 card and Blake card is a duo. But also every cp3 card and David west card is also a duo. Then depending on the tiers or duo partner they have a variety of diff skill bumps.

This will let shaq get a duo with penny but also with Kobe, For example, On the same card.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:18 PM   #21
Banned

jschmib's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
I was thinking that same thing earlier. Like I want to run penny and shaq duo but I don't want to use emerald penny when I have the diamond. They could just have a long list of duos that work across tiers with multiple players as well. Not just restricting to one pair. I mean.. Every cp3 card and Blake card is a duo. But also every cp3 card and David west card is also a duo. Then depending on the tiers or duo partner they have a variety of diff skill bumps.

This will let shaq get a duo with penny but also with Kobe, For example, On the same card.
What did you think of that shaq penny duo? I finally completed the magic collection this morning and locked in shaq. First collector reward and probably my last. So stoked to try him when I get home tonight. And I loved emerald penny early on in this game, he has excellent dunking and layup animations. Definitely going to pick him up, I feel like it'd be worth it just to have a shaq with 84 FT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2017, 06:04 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
They could just have a long list of duos that work across tiers with multiple players as well. Not just restricting to one pair. I mean.. Every cp3 card and Blake card is a duo. But also every cp3 card and David west card is also a duo. Then depending on the tiers or duo partner they have a variety of diff skill bumps.

Yeah, good idea. That'd be really cool. Like maybe with Blake, boost has to do with lobbing and passing, but with West, he's a better interior defender and/or midrange shooter.
Old 05-13-2017, 06:38 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAdz19
Love the Dynamic Duo updates but we definitely need more. It adds a variety to the lineups instead of everyone using the same 5/6 OP Diamond cards. It also gives budget ballers the chance to keep up with these All Diamond squads.

Bird and Parish upgrade to 95 Overall each turning them into solid diamonds. Bird's shooting/playmaking actually look more like the legend himself, Parish gets almost maxed rebounding and mid boost with a 77 OPEN THREE ball.

Also I have the twin towers Ralph Sampson and Ruby Hakeem with Diamond Block/Strength Shoe coming of the bench. Both get upgraded into 92 Overall and Hakeem plays like his Amy if not better. Sampson is actually my Yao stopper while The Dream works his magic in the post.

I actually sold my Diamond Mutombo today because I needed more offensive punch and these Duos are really great two way players. The Stockton/Malone Duo looks really fun to use but Stockton is so rare these days for a good price.

Now only if they release a Amy Pippen to pair with my Amy MJ.
Once again, I find myself asking if shoes work with Dynamic Duos.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:13 PM   #24
Banned

jschmib's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak16
Once again, I find myself asking if shoes work with Dynamic Duos.
Something really weird just happened regarding this. My emerald Penny normally has a 75 off dribble 3pt. The dynamic duo with Shaq raises it to an 80. I just put a +6 off dribble 3pt shoe on him, and it went up to a 91. What the hell?

I tried this again with acceleration. The duo raises it from 83 to 87. I put a +6 acceleration shoe on, and it is now a 97. Tried again with the purple UA +9 acceleration +3 SWB shoe, and accel is now a 99. SWB is a 99 as well!

If shoes simply stacked with the duo boosts, then accel SHOULD go from an 87 to a 96. But it went +12 to 99. SWB should have gone from a 93 (with the duo) to a 96.
This could be huge. What if the duo boosts are calculated in some odd way using a percentage, and stacking shoes and dynamic duos leads to super-boosts?

It's either that, or a glitch in the stat readings that doesn't work in-game. My next step is to check the box score in-game, and also see how Penny feels in-game (although that's less quantifiable).

Update: Checking the box scores gave me 0 information because they don't even show the dynamic duo boosts. Speed with ball is also missing from the in-game stat sheets. Wtf 2k?

Penny feels insanely fast though. This bug (because I think that's what this is) works with any stat that is already boosted by the duo, on any player. Also tested it on my roommate's XB1 account. I don't think it's too hard to believe that in a game riddled with glitches and oversights, one thing slipped through that actually benefits us.

Last edited by jschmib; 05-13-2017 at 11:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »