Home

am i the only person who sheds a tear when Hakeem and Dennis rodman...

This is a discussion on am i the only person who sheds a tear when Hakeem and Dennis rodman... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2017, 09:36 PM   #25
Pro

anditbeg1ns's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: am i the only person who sheds a tear when Hakeem and Dennis rodman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschmib
Any tips for someone who loves the post and yet constantly gets 3-second violations?? I've been a huge fan of basketball for the past few years but I've never understood that ridiculously short length of time that people can be in there trying to score. It makes it so much harder for big men to score and way, it turns the game into a 3-point contest. Like seriously. If my drop step, post spin or post hook isn't perfectly successful the first time I try it, I get a violation unless I force a **** pass to the perimeter. **** this game.
When you run a post up play, make sure your player has half a foot outside the paint, so the 3 sec does not start until both feet are in the paint. If when you pass down low and your player already have both feet in the paint, move out of the paint briefly and then re-engage in the back down, that should give you plenty of time to maneuver.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2017, 01:54 AM   #26
Banned

jschmib's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by anditbeg1ns
When you run a post up play, make sure your player has half a foot outside the paint, so the 3 sec does not start until both feet are in the paint. If when you pass down low and your player already have both feet in the paint, move out of the paint briefly and then re-engage in the back down, that should give you plenty of time to maneuver.
Thank you. I had no idea.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:41 AM   #27
Pro

anditbeg1ns's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
Sure he would, but what playoff caliber team is going to run their offense out of the post and this is what I mean. In 2017, having a player that can't stretch the floor is a detriment. The last thing you'd want is an "Endgame" center that can be considered a detriment in any way. The Warriors broke basketball and 2K has to follow suit.
What are you talking about? Sure, Warriors shot a lot of 3's, and ran small ball LU occasionally, but even their regular LU did not have a center who could shoot 3's. We really did not have this issue in 2k16, (Hakeem had 48 3pt rating, and most expense C's were Kareem and AS Shaq, who couldn't shoot 3's), and the game's defensive AI did not change that much in 2k17 where all of a sudden opposing D could "run you off the court" if you didn't have an elite 3pt shooting center.

All these fantasy cards we are seeing with unrealistic attributes across the board, 2K has really brought it upon themselves:

1. An absurd amount of Diamond cards released. First diamond card was released back in December, and with their ambitious (greedy) weekly release schedule + daily moments cards dropping, you only set yourself up for failure. We already have almost 150 Diamond and PD cards dropped (will be close to 200 when it's all said and done), for comparisons sake, 2k16 only had 125 of similarly rated cards for the whole game. Too many highly rated cards means inflated stats across the board.

2. They made collection reward cards too OP to bait people into locking sets. i.e. Ewing with 69 3's, and D Rob with 76 3's, setting bad precedence early in the game.

3. Broke *** moments card system where each version of a player is guaranteed a rating boost from the last version, even though they didn't shoot better than the last "moments" game they had. Meaning, each version of Cousins, Gasol, Porzingis, Jokic, Embiid, etc. has higher 3pt rating so people could keep ripping packs. I still don't get how Diamond Porzingis got 92 3's for winning the Skills challenge

4. Lastly and it's a big one, addition of 5 out freelance, easy green, and auto made when green, made 3pt shooting way too easy, and much, much easier to get open looks for your big men in the corner. This made good shooting big men the most attractive cards in game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
Imagine waiting all year for Hakeem just to find out the Embiid is almost as good in the post and can shoot threes. He loses most of his appeal.
Yep, you pretty much said it, Embiid shouldn't be a 90 rated 3pt shooter, and wouldn't have been in 2k16 or 2k15.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:20 AM   #28
Rookie

TheHennessyWilliams's Arena

embiid should only be a 90 shooter from the top of the key.. i could live with that.

i bought diamond dennis rodman just for ****s and giggles and if anyone thinks that's how dennis rodman played in his day thats a joke..

him even hitting 15 foot jumpers is laughable.. i finished game with 18 points 10 boards.. even rodman hitting turn around post shots is laughable!!! thats not how he played. whatever... was a good card to get but i only play weekly challenges now sometimes anyway.. been done with this mode for awhile.

im gonna get bob pettit and i dont know why cuz i refuse to play the cancer that is mto..

blacktop isn't horrible but that isn't worth playing anymore... officially time to hang this mode up.

psn- talkofanation
Twitter- @mrhennywillz

"and then the world gazed upon the one they call Hennessy Williams"
Old 05-01-2017, 08:22 AM   #29
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

If people want to waste their Hakeem and Rodman's inside abilities by spotting them up on their 3 point line and jacking shots then that's on them.

I have no problem with that. It makes my life a whole lot easier.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:41 AM   #30
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

MyTeam isn't for simheads if you want to play H2H. And if you do, just play against your friends. It's sad, I tried playing H2H myteam the other night cause I'm really enjoying my time in SP myteam and it was just a cheesefest. Maybe that's just 2k online issue in general but myteam seems to be the worst.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:02 PM   #31
Rookie

the first MTO game I played against a diamond Rodman, first possession of game dude pulled a 3 and splashed and I was taken aback

He didnt hit any more 3s but its like 2K threw all of the gamemodes ability to stick to realism out the window last year when diamond Scola , Ty lawson and J crawford were the best players in their teams history's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2017, 09:17 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

The problem is floor spacing and court size for the post to be effective. It's WAYYY to easy to double a guy posting up without having to worry about him making a good shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »