Home

How would you organize these players into starting and 2nd units?

This is a discussion on How would you organize these players into starting and 2nd units? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2017, 12:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
How would you organize these players into starting and 2nd units?

Thinking of making some lineup changes. How would you group these players? (technically I have others available but these are the guys I want to use):

Magic Johnson (95)
CP3 (96)
T-Mac (97)
Jordan (92)
Petrovic (94)
Vince (97)
Wilkins (95)
Grant Hill (96)
Bosh (95)
Larry Johnson (95)
David Robinson (95)
Ewing (95)
Mutombo (94)

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2017, 01:15 PM   #2
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How would you organize these players into starting and 2nd units?

This is what I threw together.

MJ/CP3
Mcgrady/Petrovic
Vince/Wilkins
Johnson/Bosh
Ewing/Mutombo

I like spacing the floor so I wouldn't run Ewing and Mutombo together. I'd have to play with these players to get a feel for their animations so I would probably do some switching around, (replace Bosh with Johnson in the starting lineup or Wilkins with Hill on the bench) but this is basically a good idea of how I would run this lineup.
Old 04-29-2017, 01:26 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
This is what I threw together.

MJ/CP3
Mcgrady/Petrovic
Vince/Wilkins
Johnson/Bosh
Ewing/Mutombo

I like spacing the floor so I wouldn't run Ewing and Mutombo together. I'd have to play with these players to get a feel for their animations so I would probably do some switching around, (replace Bosh with Johnson in the starting lineup or Wilkins with Hill on the bench) but this is basically a good idea of how I would run this lineup.
Awesome, thanks! This is close to what I was thinking although I notice you didn't include David Robinson or Jordan, any reason you wouldn't run them?
Old 04-29-2017, 01:44 PM   #4
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stantencza
Awesome, thanks! This is close to what I was thinking although I notice you didn't include David Robinson or Jordan, any reason you wouldn't run them?
Wow, I completely forgot them. In that case I'd replace Mutombo with Robinson. You can either start Robinson at the Center or Ewing. I think either player would be a good fit for both lineups, so that would be up to you.

As far as Jordan goes, I would probably replace Wilkins with MJ and make him be the primary ball handler of the 2nd unit, that way you would have Jordan running the offense while CP3, Petrovic and Bosh spot up for 3 pointers with Ewing or D-Rob manning the middle. Or maybe start CP3 in place of Magic and Jordan in place of Vince, and let Magic and Vince come off of the bench.

Or you could even run a super big starting lineup with Magic/Vince/McGrady/D-Rob/Ewing. You have so many versatile players you can come up with an endless amount of lineups.

I prefer floor spacing so I would probably have a line up like this:

Magic/CP3
McGrady/Petrovic
Vince/Jordan
Johnson/Bosh
Ewing/D-Rob
Old 04-29-2017, 02:18 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Magic/CP3
McGrady/Petrovic
Vince/Jordan
Johnson/Bosh
Ewing/D-Rob
I think that's what I will go with! Mutombo, Hill, and Wilkins would be reserves off the bench. Although Wilkins is still one of my favorite players so I would probably rotate him in often (maybe sit Petrovic and run MJ at his natural position).

The only other thought was if it would be any possibility to run T-Mac at PG and have Magic in the 2nd unit. This way I would have height at PG in both units and wouldn't get bullied by other Magics (or LeBron's when people play him at PG). How about this?

PG T-Mac
SG Vince
SF Wilkins
PF Bosh
C Robinson

PG Magic/CP3
SG Petrovic
SF Jordan/Hill
PF Johnson
C Ewing/Mutombo

I notice a lot of guys who have big PG's always start them, then their bench PG's are guys like CP3, good defenders but smaller. Maybe having Magic come off the bench could catch some guys by surprise? What do you think?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »