Home

The collection grind...who's going for it

This is a discussion on The collection grind...who's going for it within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2016, 06:25 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
The collection grind...who's going for it

I started the collection grind 4 or 5 days ago. ive never had more than 400 cards at one time in myteam. im currently at 1360 cards. should have kiki soon.

my thoughts on it so far.....

its really annoying. the market is the most unstable pos ever(xbox). i get guys wanting to make MT on cards but when u need that 1 jersey that u havent seen up in 3 days and its going for 10k, it pisses you off lol.

the players are gonna be a pain as the bronze are going for 5k for sets that nobody even wants lol. i might bypass them for now and just focus on all the historics that go for 2k each. should have Grant Hill in midweek.

End game is Wilt.

any of u guys doing this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2016, 10:04 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: The collection grind...who's going for it

That Cavs jersey kept getting posted up for 10k and the mavs and rockets playbook too. I get some things are rare but nobody buying that for that ridiculous price.

I hit 1600 yesterday and Im stopping for now. I didn't lock any sets so I'm selling everything back. Around feb I'll work my way up to 1700 for King it should be much easier then.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:12 PM   #3
MVP

I'm so glad I got all the bronzes back when they were cheap!
Old 10-24-2016, 11:39 PM   #4
Pro

I'm going for it!

In previous years the most cards I ever had was around 1200 by the time I sold everything off to stack up my team. This year however I dono I just was like hell I am doing it!

I am not sure if it's realistic for me to get 2500 and obtain Kobe, depends on how many new cards come out I guess. I initially put my target at 1600 for Grant. But couple nights ago I hit 1600, at 1606 now I think, so I am ahead of schedule. Probably will keep going. I mean, now that I got Grant I am going to slow down on how much time I spend searching for snipes.. But I am not going to sell off my cards this year. I am locking everything in and I am going to keep going for as high a count as I can get.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:08 AM   #5
Rookie

AsYouSwish's Arena

So I'm about to start the collection grind. Hoping to make it up to Grant Hill but right now I have ~500 cards and about ~500k so not sure if it's possible. Anyone with some experience think I have a chance?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2016, 03:08 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsYouSwish
So I'm about to start the collection grind. Hoping to make it up to Grant Hill but right now I have ~500 cards and about ~500k so not sure if it's possible. Anyone with some experience think I have a chance?
500k can go a really long way. Tomorrow will be a great time to buy cards because the new packs are dropping and everybody will be selling stuff dirt cheap. Looking through the AH to find all those jerseys, courts, and various non-player items takes a lot of time, its tedious and needs to be done gradually or you will pull your hair out. I set a general rule of thumb I refused to pay more than 2k for an item. If a jersey was rare and being sold for 2.5k I would leave it and check back another day, sometimes finding it for 750 or something. I still don't have all the non player items, missing some jerseys and courts. Pacers current arena is very rare and I refuse to pay the 10k people list it for. Oh, and in case you didn't see it, this here will help you a lot! http://imgur.com/a/OPIFg

Good luck. Grant Hill is a beast! Well worth the time.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:06 AM   #7
Rookie

what's your strategy to know what pieces are missing from your collection ?
you write it on a paper or something ?
Old 10-25-2016, 07:15 AM   #8
Rookie

i guess this one is even better:

http://imgur.com/a/FpA7o

sounds stupid, but i printed all of this. but it helped a lot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »