Home

High Scorers Collection

This is a discussion on High Scorers Collection within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2017, 04:38 AM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: High Scorers Collection

I picked up Maravich. I think he has one of my fave releases, easiest guard I have been able to sink 3s with so far. I only played him at SG but since he sounds so good at PG... I might try him over Oscar's starting position (Payton is still starting at the 2, defending the opposing PG).

Great pickup for the price he is going for!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-13-2017, 12:12 PM   #98
Rookie

UravenzownU's Arena

OVR: 2

Have they put out odds yet?
Old 05-14-2017, 05:43 PM   #99
Rookie

K_Aug's Arena

OVR: 8

Picked up an Amare for 60k to test out for a few games. Might keep him as my back up center with Shawn Kemp at PF so I can run lob city. I just wish they gave him some personality badges though.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:09 PM   #100
MVP

OVR: 17

Wade is a lot better than I expected. The most surprising thing about this card has been his 3pt shooting. I'm running him with a +6 3pt shoe and he's been really consistent from deep. His release looks a little weird but its easy to time. He lives up to his ratings in the other parts of his game. One of the better finisher, gets a lot of contact dunk animations and he's a pest on defense.
The one part of his game I haven't gotten to do well with is his moving Mids. I feels like I have to green them for them to fall.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:00 PM   #101
Rookie

I was not going to try Diamond Ray but I sniped him for 37k so I had to give him a go. I don't like MTO so I test my new players against the last historic domination team. Ray is amazing. He can't miss a catch and shoot or transition 3 for me. His release on the move is a little hard to time but I don't take those kind of shots usually.

I have a harder time shooting with Pistol Pete. I like him alot but his shooting is disappointing for me. His release is 'easy' but he is so inconsistent for me from downtown. I hear others are shooting lights out with him. How? Will a shoe make a big difference?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2017, 04:08 PM   #102
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infreno
I was not going to try Diamond Ray but I sniped him for 37k so I had to give him a go. I don't like MTO so I test my new players against the last historic domination team. Ray is amazing. He can't miss a catch and shoot or transition 3 for me. His release on the move is a little hard to time but I don't take those kind of shots usually.

I have a harder time shooting with Pistol Pete. I like him alot but his shooting is disappointing for me. His release is 'easy' but he is so inconsistent for me from downtown. I hear others are shooting lights out with him. How? Will a shoe make a big difference?
Maravich has been amazing for me. I have a shoe on him, but it doesn't touch his shooting ratings. Normally I'd advise making sure you take as many uncontested, wide open shots as possible...but with Pistol Pete I've hit more moving, contested shots than I've hit with the rest of my team combined. This is in Ruby and Amy leagues, so it's a higher difficulty, too. I wish I had better advice, but he's been fantastic for me from the jump. Are you releasing early or late, usually? I generally have better results if I release early than late.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:03 AM   #103
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstank
Maravich has been amazing for me. I have a shoe on him, but it doesn't touch his shooting ratings. Normally I'd advise making sure you take as many uncontested, wide open shots as possible...but with Pistol Pete I've hit more moving, contested shots than I've hit with the rest of my team combined. This is in Ruby and Amy leagues, so it's a higher difficulty, too. I wish I had better advice, but he's been fantastic for me from the jump. Are you releasing early or late, usually? I generally have better results if I release early than late.
Usually the bar is 1mm from perfect. Mostly my shots are wide open, uncontested catch and shoot. Since they don't go in enough I'm not even trying moving or off the dribbel shots. It's weird because my release is nearly perfect. My best games are like 3/6 and 4/9 while I'm shooting around 65% from 3 with players like Gasol, Pierce, Unseld, Hayward, Harden...

I should try in MTO. What difficulty is the last historic domination on? I don't want to sell him because I bought him for 150k last week (80 contracts) and would take a big loss. I love the rest of his game though but this damn shooting

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »