Home

What was wrong with 2k14 Gameplay?

This is a discussion on What was wrong with 2k14 Gameplay? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2017, 11:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What was wrong with 2k14 Gameplay?

Since NBA 2k14 it seems 2k Gameplay has gotten worse, it seems they have nerfed the game.
If you start over from 2k14 what would you change and keep?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2017, 10:14 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: What was wrong with 2k14 Gameplay?

Imo, 2k17's gameplay is way better than 2k14's
Old 05-16-2017, 09:20 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronzeBeat
Imo, 2k17's gameplay is way better than 2k14's
Please tell me how and in what way. Do you not think this is game is to sloppy?
Do you feel you more or less control of your user player.
Are you able to dictate how or where your offensive or defensive players or going?
Old 05-17-2017, 09:34 AM   #4
Rookie

I can't really go in-depth since I haven't played 2k14 in over 2 years
Old 05-17-2017, 11:53 AM   #5
Pro

If you're talking about last gen 2k14 i agree that the gameplay was much better, if it's current gen 2k14 not so much.

I always felt that in last gen 2k13 and 14 controls were much more responsive and player movement was less sluggish (less unnecessary and uncontrollable animations). Then iirc in 2k14 current gen they made a complete 180 in those two departments and it was awful. 2k15 started out bad as well but after all patches it actually came pretty close to last gen which gave me hope. Then 16 took a step backwards again and now in 17 it's the worst i can remember.

I'm only talking about responsiveness and player movement here since those are the most important to me. Not getting into ai logic or exploits and such. 13, 15 and 11 in that order were easily the most enjoyable 2k's i've played. 14 on ps3 would be my number 4. I don't really like 17, other than a rare pro am walk on game where i get decent teammates. I absolutely despise myteam even though it used to be my favorite mode prior to 2k16. Still, i wasted 200-300 euros on the game (mostly mycareer) this year so i suppose the joke's on me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2017, 09:52 PM   #6
Pro

2k13 had my favourite control scheme, IIRC. Tap circle once for a hopstep or twice for a spin. I loved that. However, this year 2k17 has improved the post game so much. I love the post game this year it is everything I could ask for. I've been feasting in the paint with all my bigs all year and whoop people without taking a 3 Pt shot.

Also we take it for g anted because there are still lots of flaws.. But the defensive and offensive CPU ai has improved dramatically year after year. Although it still has some way to go.

Also previous years have a lot more exploitable moves like zig zag or unguardable step back jumpers.. Each year I notice 2k making great improvements to cut back to exploitable bs tactics.

Last edited by Bubba13laze; 05-17-2017 at 09:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »