Home

Playoff Performers

This is a discussion on Playoff Performers within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2017, 04:25 PM   #73
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Playoff Performers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstank
They updated Bird's release! It's so much easier than it was. It's the same beautiful high arcing shot, but the release is much quicker and smoother. This is a game changer because Bird has the best shooting stats/badges in the game. Wooooooooooo!
Wow interesting if possible can you upload video ?
Old 06-01-2017, 04:40 PM   #74
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by P234thetruth
Wow interesting if possible can you upload video ?
This went up on the Reddit thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj8jjS6huS8

Looks like they sped it up, of course, and made it linear, so that there isn't that slow-slow-slow-SNAP movement, like with Horford or Laimbeer, and others.

But still the old-school, deep two-motion, behind-the-head release, and really high arc.

He's definitely one of the best players in the game, though a little bit awkward because, in MyTeam, he's very much a tweener. He's a bit slow at the 3, given the hyper-athletic choices we have for wings, and is small at the 4, given the hyper-mobile 5's that we have, and their playability at 4 (i.e. Kareem).

When I was still playing his Amethyst in MTO, I'd usually put him at 4. I still would, so long as the opponent doesn't go twin tower. He's a good rebounder and can run the break, fast for a 4, and with elite passing.

But I think he can hold his own at the 3, as well. Even if one doesn't boost his speed, I'd take his ability to bully in the post at the 3, and surrender speed disadvantage.

I don't know if it's Tendencies or his great Personality Badging, or what, but he seems to regularly be in the right place, at the right time, making the right play, and draining tough shots.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:32 PM   #75
Rookie

I've grown tired of MTO and don't really play the offline challenges too much and even if I do, I don't need my diamonds. Should I sell my diamond Kobe with a diamond contract right now or should I wait a little until after the packs are gone and put it up? Either way I plan on putting it up for 24 hours to try and get the most out of it.

I plan on selling him, Lebron and maybe Dwight (Though he goes for far less than he used to) to get as much MT as possible back. I want to try for PD Kobe by buying as many cheap cards (250-500 MT) as possible, is there a shoe limit in terms of how many of each kind you can by? Perhaps 10 like contracts?

I got to thinking and figuring that if I just use that MT towards diamond Kobe and eventually start to sell it all back, I can have far more MT to put together a more balanced team and getting my investment in PD Kobe back to use while gaining a valuable card.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2017, 09:00 PM   #76
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzombniac
I plan on selling him, Lebron and maybe Dwight (Though he goes for far less than he used to) to get as much MT as possible back. I want to try for PD Kobe by buying as many cheap cards (250-500 MT) as possible, is there a shoe limit in terms of how many of each kind you can by? Perhaps 10 like contracts?
Shoes only count once toward the collector count. The first shoe you get counts, but not additional identical shoes.

I think you can make a lot of headway with cheap cards, but if you want to do it with the likelihood of breaking even, after selling back, it'll take a long time. Both in the buying and in the selling.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:03 AM   #77
Rookie

Anyone know if they updated ray allens release too?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-02-2017, 03:52 PM   #78
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Finally, Diamond Curry is here.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:04 PM   #79
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Finally, Diamond Curry is here.
It disappointingly dawned on me that I, personally, don't even really care, despite being a big GSW fan IRL. And despite last year's Diamond Curry being my favorite player in last year's game.

Without his really quick release, he's much less special. And there has been addition of really good deep range shooters who are essentially on par with him, but better in other respects.

I'm thinking specifically: why would I play this DI Curry over DI Pete Maravich?

And is Curry worth playing in order to have a guy who can shoot from super-deep when there's over a half-dozen guys who can bomb from way outside? Here's the guys in the game, right now, with both HoF Deep Deadeye and HoF Limitless Range:

http://2kmtcentral.com/17/players/badges/24h-25h

But, going back to Curry vs. Maravich: Maravich also has HoF P&R Maestro and HoF Difficult Shots. So he's more Curry than this Curry. And he's bigger, taller, a generally better defender, and specifically a good deal less of a liability defending in the paint.

Unless this DI Curry gets cheap, I wouldn't touch it. Definitely don't pay a big premium, because there will no doubt be a PD Curry coming out that, at the least, will be properly badged.

PD Curry will also have HoF P&R Maestro, HoF Difficult Shots, HoF Acrobat, HoF Teardropper...I think these are safe assumptions.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:27 PM   #80
Banned

jschmib's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
It disappointingly dawned on me that I, personally, don't even really care, despite being a big GSW fan IRL. And despite last year's Diamond Curry being my favorite player in last year's game.

Without his really quick release, he's much less special. And there has been addition of really good deep range shooters who are essentially on par with him, but better in other respects.

I'm thinking specifically: why would I play this DI Curry over DI Pete Maravich?

And is Curry worth playing in order to have a guy who can shoot from super-deep when there's over a half-dozen guys who can bomb from way outside? Here's the guys in the game, right now, with both HoF Deep Deadeye and HoF Limitless Range:

http://2kmtcentral.com/17/players/badges/24h-25h

But, going back to Curry vs. Maravich: Maravich also has HoF P&R Maestro and HoF Difficult Shots. So he's more Curry than this Curry. And he's bigger, taller, a generally better defender, and specifically a good deal less of a liability defending in the paint.

Unless this DI Curry gets cheap, I wouldn't touch it. Definitely don't pay a big premium, because there will no doubt be a PD Curry coming out that, at the least, will be properly badged.

PD Curry will also have HoF P&R Maestro, HoF Difficult Shots, HoF Acrobat, HoF Teardropper...I think these are safe assumptions.
I'm just not looking forward to facing the legions of kids who are going to run this card and spam three's all day. The game yesterday was so hard to watch. It's going to be like 4 years of warriors and that coward Durant just pooping on every team in the NBA...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »