Home

Playoff Performers

This is a discussion on Playoff Performers within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2017, 03:01 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Playoff Performers

It occurred to me today that since I already have the two most expensive cards in the set (Magic & Shaq), plus 700K MT after selling the other Diamonds I pulled & Pistol Pete, that I might actually be able to complete the set and get PD Jordan. At this point, pretty much every other prime card has been released besides Heat LeBron, so now seems like the time it's actually a good idea to lock in the set considering how many great players are a part of it. I would use 6 players from the set in my 10-man rotation, so it definitely seems worth it. That would put the cards for prime era Shaq, Magic, MJ, Bird, and Russell on my team, plus Kawhi who looks amazing as well. The fact I'm even able to say that is stunning to me. I can't believe how lucky I got with these packs.

Here's what I've done so far and what's left to do:

-Bought Kobe for 290K
-Bought Bird for 301K
-Bought Rick Barry for 70K
-I'm left with just 20K MT, so I'll be selling Hakeem, Giannis, J.R. Smith, and if need be (gulp) Payton. There's just no room for him if I complete the set even though he's one of my top 5 favorite cards of the year
-I still need Kawhi, who is very pricy, and Bill Russell to complete the set. I'm hoping I can get them for a combined 525-550K

Kobe will go on my dunk squad for the lower leagues, but they made him poop compared to the other guys so he's won't be in the rotation on my God Squad. Neither will Rick Barry, Heinsohn or the Rubies. Iggy will be on the bench as a defensive utility guy. Here's a look at my current team compared to the one I'll have if I actually pull this off:

Now: http://2kmtcentral.com/17/lineups/70...ream-came-true

With MJ: http://2kmtcentral.com/17/lineups/89...-for-pd-jordan

I'm stunned that I'm actually in this position considering I've never played MTO before this year and had no idea what I was doing for months. It took a LOT of sniping time, a bit of money, and a ton of pack luck of late, but I'm here and I'm pumped. PD Timmy or bust!

Last edited by Nickstank; 05-29-2017 at 12:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2017, 03:46 AM   #66
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstank
It occurred to me today that since I already have the two most expensive cards in the set (Magic & Shaq), plus 700K MT after selling the other Diamonds I pulled & Pistol Pete, that I might actually be able to complete the set and get PD Jordan. At this point, pretty much every other prime card has been released besides Heat LeBron, so now seems like the time it's actually a good idea to lock in the set considering how many great players are a part of it. I would use 6 players from the set in my 10-man rotation, so it definitely seems worth it. That would put the cards for prime era Shaq, Magic, MJ, Bird, and Russell on my team, plus Kawhi who looks amazing as well. The fact I'm even able to say that is stunning to me. I can't believe how lucky I got with these packs.

Here's what I've done so far and what's left to do:

-Bought Kobe for 290K
-Bought Bird for 301K
-Bought Rick Barry for 70K
-I'm left with just 20K MT, so I'll be selling Hakeem, Giannis, J.R. Smith, and if need be (gulp) Payton. There's just no room for him if I complete the set even though he's one of my top 5 favorite cards of the year
-I still need Kawhi, who is very pricy, and Bill Russell to complete the set. I'm hoping I can get them for a combined 525-550K

Kobe will go on my dunk squad for the lower leagues, but they made him poop compared to the other guys so he's won't be in the rotation on my God Squad. Neither will Rick Barry, Heinsohn or the Rubies. Iggy will be on the bench as a defensive utility guy. Here's a look at my current team compared to the one I'll have if I actually pull this off:

Now: http://2kmtcentral.com/17/lineups/70...ream-came-true

With MJ: http://2kmtcentral.com/17/lineups/89...-for-pd-jordan

I'm stunned that I'm actually in this position considering I've never played MTO before this year and had no idea what I was doing for months. It took a LOT of sniping time, a bit of money, and a ton of pack luck of late, but I'm here and I'm pumped. PD Timmy or bust!
That Jordan looks amazing. I've been using his amy and then his game breakers diamond and love him this year. That pd is probably a God.

Grats on the rotation it looks great.
Old 05-29-2017, 05:30 AM   #67
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
That Jordan looks amazing. I've been using his amy and then his game breakers diamond and love him this year. That pd is probably a God.

Grats on the rotation it looks great.
Thanks brother! Your rotation isn't too shabby either. I'm glad to hear you like the other versions of MJ so much. I actually pulled the Diamond MJ earlier this year but I only played one game with him before I sold him. I couldn't justify hanging onto him since we was worth over 500K MT at the time. I didn't really get a feel for him in one game, but I think PD MJ will be worth it for the defense and transition game alone. I'm going to have him guard opposing point guards and make their lives miserable. He's going to be like a souped up Gary Payton. Can't wait!

EDIT: I just scoped MJs defensive tendencies for the first time. They're even better than Payton's! MJ has 100 on-ball steal, 100 pass interception, 0 foul and 0 hard foul tendencies. This is gonna be fun.

Last edited by Nickstank; 05-29-2017 at 05:34 AM.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:33 AM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Aug
This Kawhi is so damn good. I'm shooting 70 percent from 3 in the 3 games that didn't result in rage quits. HOF Catch & Shoot with a 95 three ball and those hot zones is a GG. I don't need another SF for the rest of the year.
Just saw that the 94 OVR has a DD with Diamond Aldridge, it takes his 3pt shooting and ball control up to the 97 OVR's level. Aldridge best boosts are to driving dunk, LPDIQ, Strength and rebounding. The 94 OVR Kawhi goes for 40k, trouble is the Aldridge is uncommon but still you would get the 97 OVRs ball handling and shooting (minus HOF Catch and Shoot) for 130k.
Old 05-29-2017, 02:34 PM   #69
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstank
Thanks brother! Your rotation isn't too shabby either. I'm glad to hear you like the other versions of MJ so much. I actually pulled the Diamond MJ earlier this year but I only played one game with him before I sold him. I couldn't justify hanging onto him since we was worth over 500K MT at the time. I didn't really get a feel for him in one game, but I think PD MJ will be worth it for the defense and transition game alone. I'm going to have him guard opposing point guards and make their lives miserable. He's going to be like a souped up Gary Payton. Can't wait!

EDIT: I just scoped MJs defensive tendencies for the first time. They're even better than Payton's! MJ has 100 on-ball steal, 100 pass interception, 0 foul and 0 hard foul tendencies. This is gonna be fun.
Make sure you utilize MJ in the post. His 99 post fade and his animation it's so easy to abuse. Also note, always fade to the left with him. When you fade left it gives his signature fade animation. When you fade right is gives a generic not as good animation. 2k kinda cheaped out by only putting one of his 2 animations in the game this year.

Also his moving mid is so wet. He's got great side up's. Try holding r2 and flicking right or left, then cross back the other way into a step back jumper. The amount of times I've made people look silly...
Old 05-29-2017, 02:47 PM   #70
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
Make sure you utilize MJ in the post. His 99 post fade and his animation it's so easy to abuse. Also note, always fade to the left with him. When you fade left it gives his signature fade animation. When you fade right is gives a generic not as good animation. 2k kinda cheaped out by only putting one of his 2 animations in the game this year.

Also his moving mid is so wet. He's got great side up's. Try holding r2 and flicking right or left, then cross back the other way into a step back jumper. The amount of times I've made people look silly...
^This. One game i played against Iverson and I went to the post every trip down the floor. MJ hit like 4 straight post fades on him, no lie. The guy refused to switch the matchup until it was too late. With 80 strength he can bully pretty much any SG.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 05-31-2017, 08:23 AM   #71
Pro

I did it. Almost a year of sniping, grinding, and dropping a little dough, and I've got the GOAT. Time to see what this beast can do.
Attached Images
File Type: png 908797.png (374.9 KB, 65 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2017, 03:54 PM   #72
Pro

They updated Bird's release! It's so much easier than it was. It's the same beautiful high arcing shot, but the release is much quicker and smoother. This is a game changer because Bird has the best shooting stats/badges in the game. Wooooooooooo!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »