Home

Substitution Exploit

This is a discussion on Substitution Exploit within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2017, 06:32 PM   #1
Pro

Bi00's Arena

OVR: 0
Substitution Exploit

So I haven't seen any topics lately for this but is 2K going to address this MTO/online exploit to avoid losses?

Short of it, you can let your 2 minutes menu timer run out when you are in the "Cancel this substitution" confirmation window and when your timer runs out, the other player will be stuck in that menu after accepting Quit the match. At that point, your opponent either sits there waiting or quits his game which gives you the win? Not sure on the details.

Either way, can we shed some light on to this exploit so it doesn't make its way into 2K18.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2017, 11:03 PM   #2
Banned

jschmib's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Substitution Exploit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
So I haven't seen any topics lately for this but is 2K going to address this MTO/online exploit to avoid losses?

Short of it, you can let your 2 minutes menu timer run out when you are in the "Cancel this substitution" confirmation window and when your timer runs out, the other player will be stuck in that menu after accepting Quit the match. At that point, your opponent either sits there waiting or quits his game which gives you the win? Not sure on the details.

Either way, can we shed some light on to this exploit so it doesn't make its way into 2K18.
Bahahahaha I'm going to try this right now. Anything to get out of the ruby league.

EDIT: Oh my god it's working so far. He pressed the "quit and receive a win" button but now the "cancel pending substitutions" dialogue box is still there. Not sure if either one of us is still technically in the game, or who will get the win. I'm gonna wait it out as long as possible. Stay tuned!!!

2nd EDIT: Waited like half an hour, then pressed "no" on the cancel substitutions dialogue. Got a loss lol. Hopefully the other guy did too, I was up at the end of the 1st with an all bronze team.. Mario Hezonja posterized Kareem. Amazing dunker for a bronze card.

Last edited by jschmib; 05-24-2017 at 11:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »