Home

Pink Diamond MJ Gameplay & Review

This is a discussion on Pink Diamond MJ Gameplay & Review within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2017, 10:48 AM   #1
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Arrow Pink Diamond MJ Gameplay & Review

So i didn't think i would realistically be able to complete this set. But a day after the set dropped i decided to open a couple 10 boxes. The 2nd box, i pulled Magic and from then knew i had to complete this set.

Let me start by saying this card is DOMINANT. Both offensively and defensively. I've ran the diamond MJ for a while and this one is MUCH better than diamond MJ. His badges and ratings put him in a league of his own.

Strengths:

Honestly everything is his strength but these are the things at jump out:

1) Scoring - Flat out scoring. He can score anywhere, anytime, anyway. However you want it, he can give it to you. He can iso and blow by defenders for the dunk, he can run the PnR as the ballhandler, he can post up down low and hit mean fadeaways/up and unders, he can hit stepback 3's off the dribble, he can come off screens and hit the 3. Everything.

2) Transition - Jordan in the open court on the fast break is simply a nightmare. I've never seen anything like it. Everytime i get a rebound he is out for the outlet pass immediately. Even as the ballhandler on the break, his dribble moves are so slick that he can weave his way through traffic and finish at the rim effortlessly.

3) Poster dunks - I've heard a few people say that MJ gets blocked a lot on dunks but honestly i havent seen it. Sure he gets blocked some times if you do a flashy dunk....but 80% of the time he gets contact dunk animations and just dunks over everyone. In the video above, i believe he dunked on 3 ppl including SHAQ. Him and 97 Clyde are the best dunkers i've used so far in My Team

4) Defense - Other than Kawhi, i'd have to say that MJ is the best defender in the game. Even better than GP and i've ran GP as my starter ever since he came out. MJ has very high steal tendencies which make him a terror on defense. In that video he even ripped 98 Magic who has a 98 ball control. Lots of my open court dunks with him come from steals or turnovers that he has caused. If this card is guarding you, just pass it another player and save yourself the headache.

Obviously the price tag is a big concern. Is this card worth the 2mill+ it is going for? That really depends on how you play and what you do with your team. For me, everything runs through MJ when the starters are in. The set also comes with some of my favorite players(Magic, Kawhi, Kobe, Russell) so it was a no brainer for me to complete it once it was feasible for me.

His only weakness would be the price tag IMO. However, the game is just about done and if you want the best card...go for it.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2017, 04:42 PM   #2
MVP

justlaze's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pink Diamond MJ Gameplay & Review

watching this was pure joy earv

fully agree... if you're able to pull it off get that card
Old 05-29-2017, 05:09 PM   #3
MVP

Man, those acrobatic dunks through traffic are just outrageous. I think he might cost something like 6M on PC, but I get why people are willing to drop that MT, if they have it. Especially since they're also getting Magic, Shaq, Bird, and Kawhi.
Old 05-29-2017, 05:19 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Man, those acrobatic dunks through traffic are just outrageous. I think he might cost something like 6M on PC, but I get why people are willing to drop that MT, if they have it. Especially since they're also getting Magic, Shaq, Bird, and Kawhi.
I won a bid on Russell today and he's beastly, too. A+ defender inside and outside with a ton of HOF badges on both sides of the ball. He's the perfect screen setter for the spread pick and roll, and you can throw it to him in the post and actually score, which wasn't a big strength of his Lockdown version.

Earv, this video has me salivating. I'm just a Kawhi away from PD Jordan! I'm going to put Hakeem up for auction tomorrow, which pains me a little bit but it's gotta be done. I might have the MT for Kawhi at that point, which would be awesome because I really don't want to sell Payton. This may sound crazy but he's my best shooter because I have his stroke down pat. And he's the best perimeter defender I've used, though MJ and Kawhi might change my mind on that one. I can just imagine a crunch time 5 of Payton, MJ, Kawhi, Russell and Shaq. Good luck scoring or even dribbling against those guys.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:42 PM   #5
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstank
I won a bid on Russell today and he's beastly, too. A+ defender inside and outside with a ton of HOF badges on both sides of the ball. He's the perfect screen setter for the spread pick and roll, and you can throw it to him in the post and actually score, which wasn't a big strength of his Lockdown version.

Earv, this video has me salivating. I'm just a Kawhi away from PD Jordan! I'm going to put Hakeem up for auction tomorrow, which pains me a little bit but it's gotta be done. I might have the MT for Kawhi at that point, which would be awesome because I really don't want to sell Payton. This may sound crazy but he's my best shooter because I have his stroke down pat. And he's the best perimeter defender I've used, though MJ and Kawhi might change my mind on that one. I can just imagine a crunch time 5 of Payton, MJ, Kawhi, Russell and Shaq. Good luck scoring or even dribbling against those guys.
Speaking of Kawhi....that card is THE best defender in the game. Even better than PD MJ. I have him on my bench but causes chaos everytime he comes in the game. This set was just so perfect in terms of players. However i hope they update Kobe or at least give him a duo with Shaq.

Oh and i am no longer intimidated by Yao Ming in MTO

SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2017, 06:50 AM   #6
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Does MJ have his cradle dunks when you hold away from the rim on the shot stick? I only use that dunk package on my MyPlayer every year with nothing else equipped as I LOVE they way they look, especially one of the two animations that goes really high/fast and catches people off guard.

Pretty sure it used to be part of the MJ package...

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-01-2017, 08:01 AM   #7
Pro

roboas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
Does MJ have his cradle dunks when you hold away from the rim on the shot stick? I only use that dunk package on my MyPlayer every year with nothing else equipped as I LOVE they way they look, especially one of the two animations that goes really high/fast and catches people off guard.

Pretty sure it used to be part of the MJ package...

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app
It is. Only signature animation I haven't seen is the layup where he double clutches down low. It was in previous versions and triggered frequently
Old 06-01-2017, 11:06 PM   #8
Pro

I've gotten in a few runs with PD MJ, and all I've got to say is wow. His first bucket in MTO was a hop stepback jumper in the corner with a foot on the line. I actually meant to pump fake and pass, but he shot it and it went in.

I've got a +9 speed w/ball shoe on him, which bumps him to 99, and he's the fastest player with the ball I've used this year. He's lightning quick in transition and he's always able to get that "turn the corner" animation on his defender and to get to the hoop for a layup or free throws.

His defense is as advertised...dominant. He's a menace on the perimeter. I'm averaging 3 steals a game with him, which is a hell of a lot for MTO.

I haven't gotten his jump shot down yet as it's a little quicker than I'm used to. Once I do, I'm not sure how anyone will slow him down. I also haven't utilized him as much in the post as I should, but that will change going forward. He's got pretty smooth post fade animations.

Oh, and he did a free throw line dunk in game! I about fell off my couch haha. It's only been a few games, but he appears to be what he's supposed to be...the best player in 2K.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »