Home

New MTO Convert - Goodbye MyPlayer modes!

This is a discussion on New MTO Convert - Goodbye MyPlayer modes! within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2017, 06:53 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: New MTO Convert - Goodbye MyPlayer modes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachcolbert
OMG!!!! Magic and Oscar have KILLED me in the post and i cant do anything!!!
Even if you're playing post defense well, Rondo and Sleepy are just bad options to deal with bigger post-up guards.

Everyone looks at height and often Strength, but Strength is relative to Weight. And you have to look at Low Post DIQ...a lot of us believe that, even when you manual the defender, this will have a lot to do with whether or not the opponent gets the most favorable drop-step/post-spin animations.

Payton might be one of the better options to deal with the big guys, without actually having a big guy. I suppose Giannis can work as well, but I don't actually like running him at PG. Shuffling around assignments works, too, and someone like Kawhi could work nicely...but he's not actually necessarily ideal as he's unremarkable in Strength and LP DIQ (the Playoffs Moments, not Playoffs Performance).

I've only played one game versus the new Magic, but had a friend suggest using Amethyst Dave DeBusschere on him. Had worked for this other guy, and I tried it, and Dave DeB, with a +6 Speed/Accel shoe, worked well. He works like Ben Wallace works: guard-like mobility with wing-like speed, but center-like strength and low post D.

I was lazy and just slotted him in at PG and ran my offense through my SG.

Rodman would work well too. But the thing about Dave DeB is that he's a very good shooter and post-up man as well. So you're not sacrificing offense with him the way you sacrifice with Wallace or even Rodman.

I don't know about relative cost, but for defensive purposes, I'd rather have the Diamond Pierce (with +9 Contest shoe) than the 94 OVR Kawhi. Especially for defense against post-up guards/wings.

Quote:
LMA is really that bad? Man, i guess i shoulda kept saving then lol i bought him last night and havent played with him yet. but i like bigs who have nice post animations, and i played a blacktop game with him and killed it (i know, its not 5v5 - but still)
It's not that he's bad, but he's a defensive liability. He has great post animations and if you want to really work the post, then it makes sense. But I think it needs to be at 4, or at least be prepared for the opponent to try to abuse him in the paint with their 5.

High end teams may have centers at 4, too...i.e. Kareem.

And even at 4, I'm not big on LMA, because I think he's also too easily exploited on D by Stretch 4's. Just pay attention to this and consider if you're actually getting more points with him than someone else...enough to compensate for what he gives up, compared to someone else.

I would rather run Amethyst AD over Diamond LMA, personally.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:23 PM   #10
MVP

Amethyst Igoudala could be a solution to the bigger PG's, he has 80 LPDIQ and while he only has 68 strength he does have HOF Defensive Stopper and HOF Pick Pocket plus 93 shot contest. I personally use him at PG, his ball handling means he plays like a PG and he can defend 1-4 pretty well, plus he is only ~15,000 MT!

Last edited by TheFinalEvent97; 05-31-2017 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:36 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalEvent97
Amethyst Igoudala could be a solution to the bigger PG's, he has 80 LPDIQ and while he only has 68 strength he does have HOF Defensive Stopper and HOF Pick Pocket plus 93 shot contest. I personally use him at PG, his ball hanlding means he plays like a PG and he can defend 1-4 pretty well, plus he is only ~15,000 MT!
Yeah, Iguodala should work pretty well. On one hand, I'd want to boost his Acceleration, and I'm not sure if he's limited in shoes, but one might also be able to boost his Strength and/or LP DIQ. Also of course would make sense to boost his Contest.

Not only does he have HoF Defensive Stopper and the HoF Pick Pocket, but his HoF Pick Dodger ought to help him get over the many screens he'll need to contend with, if guarding the opposing PG.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2017, 08:31 PM   #12
Banned

jschmib's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Yeah, Iguodala should work pretty well. On one hand, I'd want to boost his Acceleration, and I'm not sure if he's limited in shoes, but one might also be able to boost his Strength and/or LP DIQ. Also of course would make sense to boost his Contest.

Not only does he have HoF Defensive Stopper and the HoF Pick Pocket, but his HoF Pick Dodger ought to help him get over the many screens he'll need to contend with, if guarding the opposing PG.
That badge is one of the best in the game for people like me who can't defend screens to save their lives. And Igoudala has an incredibly high contact dunk, driving dunk, speed w/ball, vertical and even a relatively high strength, all of which combine to make him one of the best dunking wings I've ever played with. He's just so dunky and speedy. Really slides right in.

Has some insane animations as well, he once pulled the vince carter elbow dunk on an alley oop. It was insaaaane.
Old 05-31-2017, 10:29 PM   #13
Pro

To win in this mode you really have to alternate between onball and offball.
I
always keep my eyes on my bigs so I can put them in good positions to stop guys turbo and also if you manually rotate your big first, my wings usually stay on their man and wont come into the paint stupidly.

Also i notice the guys who offball as their center the whole game are terrible at defending when you post them up. They spam the block button so I always get easy points with dropsteps and up and unders. They do get the blocks sometimes but overall your more likely to kill them inside than getting blocked.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »