Home

Players that need Badge updates

This is a discussion on Players that need Badge updates within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2017, 09:26 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Players that need Badge updates

2K handling of badging legendary players needs to be fixed. It's just really annoying they continue to release guys like james jones, jr smith and danny green with more HOF Badges than PD Kobe. Ill use JR as the benchmark, he has 5 HOF badges while some of these cards require us to collect over 2000 cards and grind hours to get.

Basically all the early PD rewards have no more than 3 HOF badges and I believe the Diamond rewards don't have more than 2.

Joe Dumars 89' card is the year he won Finals MVP and he has 1 HOF badge.

2k also refuses to update PD Kobe's badges, the man that scored 81 points has 2...

I really don't understand what they are doing, updating these cards badges are not gonna stop people from spending VC and pulling future packs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2017, 09:35 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Players that need Badge updates

PD Wilt Chamberlain, only has HOF tireless scorer and Relentless Finisher, he should probably have HOF Rim Protector, Hustle Rebounder, Brusier, Break Starter, Putback King, Brick Wall, Post Spin Technician

Diamond Ben Wallace, HOF Rim Protector, Bruiser

Diamond David Thompson, HOF Posterizer, Acrobat

PD Duncan, HOF Rim Protector

Diamond Kevin Johnson, HOF Posterizer and Acrobat

Diamond Francais, HOF Posterizer

Diamond KD, HOF Catch and Shoot, Difficult Shots

Magic McGrady, HOF Posterizer

IMO
Old 06-04-2017, 10:31 PM   #3
Pro

IMO these would be the HOF badges these guys should have.

George Mikan - Hustle Rebounder, Bruiser, Drop Step.

PD Isiah Thomas - Acrobat, Mid-range, Pick Dodger, Defensive Stopper.

Joe Dumars - Acrobat, Difficult Shots, Relentless Finisher, Mid-Range.

PD Kobe - Basically what MJ has.

Tony Parker - Acrobat, One Man Fastbreak, Tear Dropper.

Elgin Baylor - Hustle Rebounder, Tireless Scorer, Relentless Finisher, Mid-range, Flashy Passer, Post Spin.

Man 2K gotta stop disrespecting these legends when they are handing out HOF badges out to JR Smith and James Jones. James Jones!! He's just a role-player for Lebron and he has 4!

Last edited by tt500; 06-04-2017 at 10:34 PM.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:37 PM   #4
Banned

jschmib's Arena

I'd love to see Gail Goodrich updated. He has 0 HOF badges, and zero hot zones around the perimeter even though they updated his open 3 to 97. This man has bricked more open 3's for me than any other highly rated player, both before and after the update. It's incredibly frustrating. I love Goodrich, he's such a good rich... it's just insane how many shots he bricks. He's honestly better at dunking than he is at threes.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:15 AM   #5
Rookie

This won't happen. They never changed badges once the cards were released. It has to do something with programming. They probably have to manually edit every single card out there.

That's to much effort and could lead to inconsistency.

Nevertheless it's a shame that many reward cards are almost useless now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2017, 04:25 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirtec
This won't happen. They never changed badges once the cards were released. It has to do something with programming. They probably have to manually edit every single card out there.

That's to much effort and could lead to inconsistency.

Nevertheless it's a shame that many reward cards are almost useless now.
Not true. Mid year all historic team diamond rewards and diamond collector rewards saw a big bump in attributes. They didn't update badges tho.

Id love to see my diamond grant Hill get a few more purples. He just has poster. Also agreed that the new diamond Joe Dumars needs more purples too.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:53 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
Not true. Mid year all historic team diamond rewards and diamond collector rewards saw a big bump in attributes. They didn't update badges tho.

Id love to see my diamond grant Hill get a few more purples. He just has poster. Also agreed that the new diamond Joe Dumars needs more purples too.
That's what I said. They never changed badges, I did not mention attributes. I think 2K would have liked to add/change badges, but it would take to much effort.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:00 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirtec
That's what I said. They never changed badges, I did not mention attributes. I think 2K would have liked to add/change badges, but it would take to much effort.
I think the main issue about upgrading badges is that it will interfere with badges people have already applied, leading to blocked empty slots, badges not activating etc... , on top of it being a tedious manual work on 2k's end.

Last edited by Defconxx; 06-05-2017 at 10:54 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »