Home

Old 07-05-2017, 07:59 PM   #9
Pro

roboas's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MT Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl

Those are dramatic examples, but for the most part, it was child's play to just buy some dupes of the rarest cards one could afford, wait for a few weeks, then profit.

But I imagine that this was all predicated on the lower population on PC, and ratio of pack-opening on PC.
You've cited several great examples of how to work the auction house that will translate well to the consoles. I started as a PC player myself pre My Team era, and eventually migrated to the consoles late in the last gen cycle. If you're concerned about graphics or the ability to have control over your "rig", I imagine you'll quickly adopt to and enjoy the console format. It's a comparable experience in my opinion, which wasn't the case a decade ago.

On the console world right now, you can make a living off of just buying Amethyst All-Star cards - only Shaq is a DD, on the weekend for BINs when several are up, and selling them on the weekdays for a tidy profit. I've made 600K in the past two weeks doing just this - not too much time spent on the auction house - and made enough to get Heat Lebron. Many think that this is revealing some kind of "secret" - it isn't - that will enable rest of the My Team players to arbitrage away this opportunity so it no longer exists.... that's simply not the case, because for every exploitable opportunity I can find, I'm sure there are dozens more, and we could fill up this forum (or my guide ) with them.

For those that doubt, have you ever wondered why people who post their pics of being among the first to get PD Kobe still have tons of MT? The reason is because they know they have to be smart with their MT to work toward that prize and are unwilling to make short term decisions that work against them in the long run.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:20 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MT Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboas
If you're concerned about graphics or the ability to have control over your "rig", I imagine you'll quickly adopt to and enjoy the console format. It's a comparable experience in my opinion, which wasn't the case a decade ago.
I'm actually not all that concerned with graphics, save for FPS/smoothness. I appreciate really nice detail and all that, but my main priority is good gameplay.

Quote:
On the console world right now, you can make a living off of just buying Amethyst All-Star cards - only Shaq is a DD, on the weekend for BINs when several are up, and selling them on the weekdays for a tidy profit. I've made 600K in the past two weeks doing just this - not too much time spent on the auction house - and made enough to get Heat Lebron. Many think that this is revealing some kind of "secret" - it isn't - that will enable rest of the My Team players to arbitrage away this opportunity so it no longer exists.... that's simply not the case, because for every exploitable opportunity I can find, I'm sure there are dozens more, and we could fill up this forum (or my guide ) with them.
Yeah, there's a very wide array of things that I imagine one could focus on. There is, at least, on PC. Especially with Day of Week and Time of Day arbitrage.

And "secrets" are often only temporal and contingent upon other factors that fluctuate, so things can close up quickly.

I'm hoping I can find some opportunities that are lucrative *enough* and not spend so much time on the AH. I want to move to console to get MTO games on demand. I'm tired of being able to grind my way to god squads and not really be able to get MTO games, except at certain times, and always against a small circle of people.

I'm going to resist picking up premium cards, and always buy as depreciation has flattened out. Just run with smart budget teams and, if I get blown out 20% of the time, so be it. But with games on demand, I imagine that even a budget team can blow out a lot of bad players with comparable teams, and be competitive with bad players with better teams.

I figure, as long as I can find a few good niches, like having strong handle on certain rare Team Item cards, then I'll earn enough to play at the value end of the scale and sustain MT costs, and maybe even splash out big around Playoffs time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »