Home

AI selecting Bench line ups

This is a discussion on AI selecting Bench line ups within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2017, 01:24 PM   #1
Rookie

Matt_1979's Arena

OVR: 0
AI selecting Bench line ups

Hi all,

When playing I manually sub using a platoon swap style and presumed the AI would select my 'Bench 5' by who I put in the 6-10 slots of my lineup.

However it doesn't and it puts 'weaker' players who are in 11 & 12 in place of 'better' players.

I.e. Ruby Jaylen Brown over Amethyst Stephen Jackson/Jae Crowder.

Any idea how the AI does this? Is that a secret way of saying Brown is actually a better player in the game what Jackson/Crowder despite being a lower rated card?

Or does it decide some other way?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2017, 02:05 PM   #2
Rookie

H3LLGWAR's Arena

Re: AI selecting Bench line ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_1979
Hi all,

When playing I manually sub using a platoon swap style and presumed the AI would select my 'Bench 5' by who I put in the 6-10 slots of my lineup.

However it doesn't and it puts 'weaker' players who are in 11 & 12 in place of 'better' players.

I.e. Ruby Jaylen Brown over Amethyst Stephen Jackson/Jae Crowder.

Any idea how the AI does this? Is that a secret way of saying Brown is actually a better player in the game what Jackson/Crowder despite being a lower rated card?

Or does it decide some other way?

Check the minutes allotted to each player. Regardless of the position they are in your roster if they don't have minutes on them the game won't sub them in.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:14 PM   #3
Rookie

Matt_1979's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LLGWAR
Check the minutes allotted to each player. Regardless of the position they are in your roster if they don't have minutes on them the game won't sub them in.

Tried checking that. Even swapped the player positions on the bench but still the same result.....

Old 07-10-2017, 04:09 PM   #4
Pro

I run two 5-man units as well. The computer will do whatever it wants with your bench, especially if you're playing someone out of position. For example, if you want Larry Bird to play PF instead of SF and that's where you have him in the "Manage Team" section of MyTeam, the computer will still put anyone whose a "true" PF in that slot instead when an MTO game is actually loading.

All you've got to do is go to your bench in the lineup screen as the game loads and put the 5 guys you want to come off the bench in according to where you want them to play. When you sub in your bench squad in the game, they'll be there. Yes, you'll have to do this every game, and yes it's annoying haha
Old 07-10-2017, 06:14 PM   #5
Rookie

Matt_1979's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstank
I run two 5-man units as well. The computer will do whatever it wants with your bench, especially if you're playing someone out of position. For example, if you want Larry Bird to play PF instead of SF and that's where you have him in the "Manage Team" section of MyTeam, the computer will still put anyone whose a "true" PF in that slot instead when an MTO game is actually loading.

All you've got to do is go to your bench in the lineup screen as the game loads and put the 5 guys you want to come off the bench in according to where you want them to play. When you sub in your bench squad in the game, they'll be there. Yes, you'll have to do this every game, and yes it's annoying haha

Nice one. Thanks.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »