Home

Which starter pack are you going to take?

This is a discussion on Which starter pack are you going to take? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2017, 06:36 PM   #41
Rookie

AussieAdz19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Which starter pack are you going to take?

Post for the win, Post fades all day in Domination to get those points. Will buy Thon Maker for dirt cheap in the Auction House.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 06:56 PM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
One never knows in advance, but my expectation would be that stuff like Current Gold, Emeralds, and Sapphire will generally peak after about a week or so. Very early in the game, but far enough past launch that people have ground out some MT.
Yea I was leaning towards that also. I feel like last year the prices jumped on sapphires after launch week. Can't remember about golds and low emeralds.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2017, 07:13 PM   #43
MVP

Trent Booty's Arena

I feel Thon will be one of those popular cards that are very expensive. I'm taking his pack and gonna try to sell him when he's super overvalued.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:22 PM   #44
Rookie

It might be a bit harder to predict the AH so early since its gonna take some time for a lot of people to get to it
Old 09-14-2017, 07:29 PM   #45
Pro

Depends on how they update this supermax rating. Thon and Melo costs should skyrocket.

I'm assuming they built a system in the game that automatically checks the usage rates in supermax and updates them without a actual person checking stats and fixing them. If a person is checking data we will prob get a update monthly hah.

Last edited by tt500; 09-14-2017 at 07:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 07:41 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
Depends on how they update this supermax rating. Thon and Melo costs should skyrocket.
Another thing on Melo: someone on 2KMTC said Gold Melo and Gold Porzingis are a duo...both become Emeralds.

Curious if duo boost also pushes up salary in Super Max. (Also Badges and Shoes.)
Old 09-14-2017, 11:30 PM   #47
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAdz19
Anyone with the game can confirm a few things for me?

Do the starter packs contain the same items that have been leaked for a while now?
I know the 90 Ovr is a free agent card but can you sell the other players in the Auction House?

I'M leaning towards the Post pack because of Melo and Pau plus everyone knows about Porzingis in 2k.
Yes the leaks were accurate, and yes you can sell the players on the AH.

Melo is very cheap already anyway, don't see these cards having much value. He goes for around 900MT at the moment.

I pulled Dirk from a pack from completing the warm-up challenges, and bought 1 pack to unlock the AH silver goal and pulled sapphire Kawhi, he's going for about 10k on the AH now so I will probably try sell him but he is really good. Seems to be more separation from players with higher defensive stats than bad ones this year.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:44 PM   #48
Rookie

adwin7's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm taking that Giannis, probably. Really enjoyed him last year and wouldn't mind playing some pace and space for a while.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »