Home

2k18 Domination Roadblocks

This is a discussion on 2k18 Domination Roadblocks within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2017, 09:40 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2k18 Domination Roadblocks

Its 5min a quarter like last year. There is defininitly no collection level grind like last year and i can make some profit out of the shoe cards?
Old 09-17-2017, 10:26 PM   #10
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Historic domination starts at All-Star difficulty. So far I've been still chugging along without any issues but the MT requirements jump to 710 - 920 for the final game.

Definitely more difficult than normal domination and you need fundamentals like hitting ft and 3pt minimums.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:52 AM   #11
Pro

I'm at 22/33 of the regular Dom so far and no hiccups. Having lots of fun testing different silver and gold players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 04:19 AM   #12
MVP

I just beat the Twolves. I'm running a 3 Gold, 5 Silver, 5 Bronze sorta team.

Have already lost and had to replay something like 3 times. Definitely will need to upgrade for the tough teams. Thankfully Gold players are dirt cheap.

So far, I've had a really tough time getting fouls. Only have gotten the 10 once or twice. Despite working Carmelo drives and post ups, it's been really tough. But often get 7, 8, or 9, so not too far off.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2017, 05:17 AM   #13
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
So far, I've had a really tough time getting fouls. Only have gotten the 10 once or twice. Despite working Carmelo drives and post ups, it's been really tough. But often get 7, 8, or 9, so not too far off.
Fouls from the post has been nerfed this year and it's really hard to AI to bite on pump fakes. Instead, run the transition or drive past defenders and go for contested layups using shot stick towards the hoop. It's worked for me even in All-Star difficulty.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:19 PM   #14
Rookie

Yea that's the best way for fouls this year. Aggressive layups while driving to basket. Still, we get a lot less could compared to last year.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2017, 01:45 PM   #15
Pro

Bi00's Arena

I'm in the last 3rd of historic domination and it's becoming harder and harder to meet the MT requirements.

There's a couple of games against Shaq and one against the Spurs twin towers that were just vicious. My bigs are pretty lousy and it was a huge struggle against those guys. Also, the paint protection AI was on point. I even had a tomahawk dunk attempt by Oladipo completely stuffed by Duncan with the best block animation I've seen so far.

Early games were easy because there are bunch of fake bronze players in the bench that could be easily abused. Now some of the better teams are full of players and especially 3 point shooters. Add to that elite rim protection and it's actually difficult to progress.

I'm gone from normal gameplay -> forcing manual cuts -> double team everyone -> double team just the stars -> to finally fouling 10+ times in the fourth.

I'm loving the difficulty

Last edited by Bi00; 09-20-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 01:46 PM   #16

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

What is the best technique you guys use to draw fouls?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »