Home

Pack and Playoff Grind

This is a discussion on Pack and Playoff Grind within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2017, 01:26 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Pack and Playoff Grind

I think you get no MT. There is no cost to playing. Pretty sure all you get is what you draw from reward deck.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:52 PM   #18
Rookie

Naboulet's Arena

I just won my first pack and playoff final. I was happy, I got five gold players then I thought...

Wouldn't it be more profitable to win the four first games, go in semi-finals and leave the 4 others and get two gold players ?
Old 09-19-2017, 04:55 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naboulet
Wouldn't it be more profitable to win the four first games, go in semi-finals and leave the 4 others and get two gold players ?
In terms of time:reward, probably. But one thing to consider is that you'll probably get a short temp ban for quitting games.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:01 PM   #20
Rookie

I just pulled Skalabrine. But I still have to finish the current tournament before moving on to the next board? Donīt you just level up when you get the reward card? Stupid...
Old 09-20-2017, 06:28 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambaldi
I just pulled Skalabrine. But I still have to finish the current tournament before moving on to the next board? Donīt you just level up when you get the reward card? Stupid...
I guess you just play for whatever else is in the deck.

I think a lot of people are glad that Packs & Playoffs is in the game, so that casuals can play 5-v-5 fantasy teams, online, for zero entry cost.

But I actually really wish that they had kept the 3-v-3 Gauntlet/Blacktop. Not necessarily because I loved playing the mode, but because it was a very welcome option to be able to play a ~15 minute, quick PvP online game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 08:04 PM   #22
Rookie

It just happened, something I hoped was gone in 2k18...

I was up by 8 in the 4th quarter and my opponent left the match... after clicking OK I receive the Error code 390ac39f (problem with my connection) and when I got back into myteam the game counts as a loss

nice work 2k !!
Old 09-21-2017, 06:10 AM   #23
MVP

justlaze's Arena

I know the guy who was first finishing this mode worldwide (he is the one letting youtuber like Caldy use his account)
He told me that the 150-200 Games were a complete waste of time.
The best thing he got was a gold player (yes in 10 boards) and 30k MT.
No sign of any better player...and even if you get to see some better cards mixed in you board it's pure lottery.

I will not touch this, but I can understand if you want to complete it for goals.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:24 PM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
I know the guy who was first finishing this mode worldwide (he is the one letting youtuber like Caldy use his account)
He told me that the 150-200 Games were a complete waste of time.
The best thing he got was a gold player (yes in 10 boards) and 30k MT.
No sign of any better player...and even if you get to see some better cards mixed in you board it's pure lottery.

I will not touch this, but I can understand if you want to complete it for goals.
Is it possible that completing all 30 team schedules will give a diamond or pink diamond reward? 30 games x 30 is 900 challenges. Granted most of the challenges are not full games.. Seems like a significant time investment to get very minimal return. I imagine there is better compensation at the end.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »