Home

What the hell with this Miami Heat weekly challenge?

This is a discussion on What the hell with this Miami Heat weekly challenge? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2017, 10:34 AM   #17
Rookie

BrandH's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What the hell with this Miami Heat weekly challenge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
You did this last year to SK8board later in the year. Did you copy and paste from then? We're talking about the beginning of the season. I need to carry over as many contracts through because now there's 3 tiers of Domination, Weekly Challenges, Season challenges, and now Super Max. There are more play modes with more chances to both use contracts AND earn contracts. But you still need contracts further into the season.

And if you're using MT to purchase contracts what do you use to build up your team? Using MT should only be used in the AH. It's more a more expensive option than using VC.
Are you using all Golds and higher? I never use contracts on silver & bronze and rarely on golds. You can make plenty per game to grow your MT without using contracts. Also any challenge that is not a full game your bench should never be anything other than all bronze since you can make it through the challenge without using them.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:39 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 1

I think all difficulty levels are harder than last year except rookie, I don't think we can just apply last year's standards to this year.

As for contracts, very quickly you end up hitting the max on 3 contract cards, as one of the first challenges in each schedule is a contract pack, and as there are far less players in packs and more contracts and other cards. I really doubt anyone is paying the 250 minimum for contract cards on the AH right now.

I use the contracts for saph Irving and Ruby shack, and pay for my other players, try and fill my bench with the random dudes that drop during domination and swap them out when their contracts run out.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:58 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
You did this last year to SK8board later in the year. Did you copy and paste from then?
I don't know. I don't know what you're talking about. What did I "do to Sk8board"?

Quote:
And if you're using MT to purchase contracts what do you use to build up your team? Using MT should only be used in the AH. It's more a more expensive option than using VC.
Are you asking me for real, or just posing a rhetorical question? From the first few sentences of your post, it seems the latter.

If you want to argue that it's better to burn up contract cards on low cards like Bronze through Emerald, then go ahead and stick with that. But you're ultimately exchanging larger MT value later on for smaller MT liquidity right now. You're actually even just shortchanging yourself in the short term, to a limited extent.

Also: if a Challenge allows you to make more MT than it costs you in Contracts, then it's not actually eating up your contracts when you fail to beat it multiple times. It's just eating up your time.

If you resent a hard Challenge taking up time you could spend with more fruitful grinding, fair enough. But it's fundamentally about time, not contract costs.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:01 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
I think all difficulty levels are harder than last year except rookie, I don't think we can just apply last year's standards to this year.
I actually think it's about the same, judging from how Domination generally feels.

But I think the "All-Star" in this Heat Challenge (and the Bulls one that is #5) is not the same "All-Star" we're getting in Domination. I'm assuming sliders are altered and it's not really All-Star. Or something along those lines.

So it's not that All-Star is tougher than it was before, but that this Challenge is not truly All-Star difficulty as advertised.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:04 PM   #21
Rookie

I beat the challenge on my 2nd try. I mostly ran pick and rolls to get melo on dragic or waiters and went to the post. He dropped 18 points, 7-9 shooting and gary harris hit two big threes. I got some lucky breaks though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2017, 08:57 PM   #22
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Yeah, there is no way this challenge is actually the standard "All Star" difficulty when you can easily beat all other all-star level challenges by 30 points.

Pretty sure their MyTeam Intern accidentally set it to HOF (or at least superstar) and the UI just doesn't reflect it. You can tell by the clear difference in how the AI reacts, hits contested shots, etc.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-24-2017, 09:10 PM   #23
Rookie

BruhBruh's Arena

is this beatable with the melo starter pack?
Old 09-25-2017, 01:22 AM   #24
Negative Vibe Merchant

pilonv1's Arena

OVR: 8

Beat the Heat challenge finally. Lineup was Kyrie/Middleton/FA George/Giannis/Bropez

Had George guard Dragic, Kyrie on Winslow and roamed on defense with Giannis. The Giannis/Middleton dynamic duo raises them to Emerald/Sapphire. Using your strategy cards for rebounding really helps keep Whiteside off the glass. Ended up winning by 5-6 points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »