Home

The mother of all box pulls! Thanks 2k!

This is a discussion on The mother of all box pulls! Thanks 2k! within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2017, 04:52 AM   #1
Rookie

didak7's Arena

OVR: 0
The mother of all box pulls! Thanks 2k!

Absolutely rapt with my 55k worth of pulls from the box i opened this morning.

1 x Gold Middleton
1 x Gold Nerlens Noel
1 x Gold Coach (Can't even remember who)

The rest were all scrubs...

What an absolute joke of a company you are 2k. You have turned this franchise into the biggest scamming revenue driven game ever. Atleast give people value for their money.

I got the legend edition with my idea of putting 45k into (my) MyPlayer and 55k for a box. Paid and extra 60 odd dollars and get stuff all in return. Last time I do this as this season it seems the odds have thoroughly decreased.

The addition of these ****ty coach cards and just plain tripe.

Not happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 08:35 AM   #2
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: The mother of all box pulls! Thanks 2k!

Lol... welcome to gambling
Old 09-20-2017, 04:35 PM   #3
MVP

Don't open packs unless you're fully prepared to get nothing but crap.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:09 PM   #4
Just started!

I learnt the hard way last year. I have 200k from the pre order (I used 50k on myplayer) stashed for when cards actually start to come out. Right now it's sort of useless to open packs since the cards that are coming out are going to be going for 500mt in a month once they start releasing cards.

I did open up one pack with MT because you need to, to finish a goal, and I ended up getting a James Harden. I feel like NBA2K has your purchase history and will improve/worsen your odds based on your behavior. Since I bought crazy VC last year (much more than I care to admit) and have a ton of VC stashed currently I feel the system recognized that and thought "let's throw him a good card to see if he gets excited"

Maybe I'm just over analyzing the situation but last year when I wouldn't buy for a while, they'd send me a discount I'd buy some VC, the first box would come loaded with stuff and the rest would be crap.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:18 PM   #5
Rookie

didak7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Don't open packs unless you're fully prepared to get nothing but crap.
If this is the motto everyone should go with then their is no point to packs and boxes IMO.

If you buy a box you should atleast get 1 hit. I have done so for the past 3 releases since playing MyTeam. To me the addition of different level coach cards seems to have given 2k the right to decrease the odds of player cards which I think is unfair.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 05:38 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by didak7
If this is the motto everyone should go with then their is no point to packs and boxes IMO.

If you buy a box you should atleast get 1 hit. I have done so for the past 3 releases since playing MyTeam. To me the addition of different level coach cards seems to have given 2k the right to decrease the odds of player cards which I think is unfair.
You're thinking in terms of your own sense of value and justice. They are not applicable. Only odds imposed by 2K are applicable and you don't even know what they are at any given time.

I didn't say that 2K should only give you crap in packs. I said that you should moderate your expectations and only expect crap. Then you're either unsurprised by getting crap, or you're pleased with whatever non-crap you got.

We all know what you're talking about and we all basically agree with you. But, in the end, this thread is basically an avenue for venting. Griping.

I get it and don't disagree, but this is nothing new and kind of pointless. We could go on the Reddit r/NBA2K sub and read countless threads saying basically the same thing.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:56 PM   #7
Rookie

didak7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
We all know what you're talking about and we all basically agree with you. But, in the end, this thread is basically an avenue for venting. Griping.

I get it and don't disagree, but this is nothing new and kind of pointless. We could go on the Reddit r/NBA2K sub and read countless threads saying basically the same thing.
Might be pointless to you but that's your opinion. Perhaps next time just refrain from commenting on "pointless" threads. You don't speak for all and not everyone goes on all those sites you noted.

Ease up lad.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:04 PM   #8
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by didak7
Last time I do this as this season it seems the odds have thoroughly decreased.
Statistics and sample size. Every year it's always the same complaints.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »