Home

Salary Cap Team Building

This is a discussion on Salary Cap Team Building within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2017, 04:58 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Salary Cap Team Building

How much are Theis and Selden in salary cost? I didn't look through everything but all the Bronze I saw were either 100 or at least in the upper 90's. If so, makes no sense to run Bronze.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:08 PM   #50
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Salary costs are still changing. A bunch of silvers just went to 40 salary and the Ruby Byron Scott just went to 205...
Old 09-29-2017, 08:24 PM   #51
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
Salary costs are still changing. A bunch of silvers just went to 40 salary and the Ruby Byron Scott just went to 205...
I'm guessing that this is a one-time correction that won't be repeated until next round. I cannot imagine they will have truly dynamic, even daily, updating.

If they do, then it's going to be a really big incentive to building up a big collection.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 08:32 PM   #52
Pro

Bi00's Arena

I finally got home and checked out what kind of salary prices were available and it definitely looks like someone at 2K took a big spreadsheet with a rigid formula and used it to set all salary prices. It looks like every player that was used last season was affected including historic emeralds. I played around with my lineup and this was the best one I could come up with under cap.

This is going to a crazy 2nd round. So many decisions.

Edit: Oh yeah Wes Unseld still at 400, start grinding boys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (70.5 KB, 103 views)
Old 09-29-2017, 08:58 PM   #53
Rookie

Back to the drawing board for building up a team for the upcoming round, still 50/50 on how i feel about the drastic changes.

Any relatively unaffected duo's that i can use? Purchased Toni Kukoc and Eric Gordon to help me fill out my bench.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:09 PM   #54
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Initial round 3 caps and salaries are updated. Round 3 will be capped at 3800.

And there are max caps in place for Bronze - Ruby for every player just like last round at Bronze - 100, Silver - 150, Gold - 200, Emerald - 280, Sapphire - 320, Ruby - 400

The maxes for Amethysts and Diamonds are very high, Ron Artest is at 1000, Fat at 900, Bob Love 750, Wes Unseld at 800, etc.

My first impressions are the quality of teams will be much higher this round as you can almost field a team of 10 Rubies under cap. Also, favorites from Bronze to Ruby will also be used heavily as the max cap isn't a large portion of the overall cap. Thursday throwbacks continue to be at bottom cap values which is bad sign. However, the Court vision cards are at reasonable cap values so this may be an issue with just Thursday player releases. Overall, I think people who were annoyed that they could not field their favorite players will be happier with this round.

Here is my initial lineup for round 3.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (90.5 KB, 76 views)
Old 10-06-2017, 04:08 PM   #55
MVP

Does anyone know what the Salary is for Fat Lever and Antonio McDyess?

I've got the three Hist All Star games to play and I'm a bit torn on who to choose. Lever is rightfully the consensus choice, but neither he or McDyess is someone I'd play for long, and if McDyess is significantly cheaper than not only Lever, but also Bob Love and Spencer Haywood, I might actually take McDyess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2017, 04:41 PM   #56
Pro

Fakename22's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Does anyone know what the Salary is for Fat Lever and Antonio McDyess?

I've got the three Hist All Star games to play and I'm a bit torn on who to choose. Lever is rightfully the consensus choice, but neither he or McDyess is someone I'd play for long, and if McDyess is significantly cheaper than not only Lever, but also Bob Love and Spencer Haywood, I might actually take McDyess.
Its way too early in the year to make a decision based on round 3. These salaries will change a ton.

For longevity I think you have to go Artest or Lever based on need and playstyle. McDyess is useless for me because we get Haywood and Love by default.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »