Home

Salary Cap Team Building

This is a discussion on Salary Cap Team Building within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2017, 05:20 AM   #1
MVP

justlaze's Arena

OVR: 0
Salary Cap Team Building

What's good OS Community!

As we're getting closer to the Salary Max kick off, I thought we might gather some ideas or share our thoughts concerning team building.

I really like the challenge of building the best squad with a certain gap.

So what's your take on a team for a cap of 1775?
Which are the best low budget cards to mix with Sapphs or Emeralds?

I probably wanna go with Curry/Harden/LBJ/AD/Cousins as starters and need to figure my bench. I only know for sure that Fultz and D12 will get some minutes, as they are really good for being gold!

Best, Laze
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 08:16 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Salary Cap Team Building

You can use that lineup with that cap? That kind of kills my interest in the mode if that's the case because then lineups still seem pretty OP. Just people's bench's that will be a bit less so.

I can kind of understand that a lot of people want to play with All-Star lineups like that in the mode but I really wish there was something with a stricter cap for more realistic rosters to create more variety and more strategy when playing.

Don't mean to derail your thread though. Definitely still a lot more to plan and talk about than years past at least.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:32 AM   #3
MVP

Middleton/Giannis make a great dynamic Duo

Otto Porter is a great shooter too.

Also Lavine is very athltic for a gold with decent shooting
Old 09-20-2017, 08:39 AM   #4
Rookie

I have a question: have 2K confirmed that the value of cards in the cap will be adjusted according to the number of people using them?

If so, I'll have to start looking for hidden alternatives for my team.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:30 AM   #5
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmrfrosty7
You can use that lineup with that cap?
well if I plan to do that, I have to build a bench worth 775. So in theory yes - it's possible - it might not be the right move though. I'm still trying to figure whats the best chemistry between different tier cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defconxx
I have a question: have 2K confirmed that the value of cards in the cap will be adjusted according to the number of people using them?

If so, I'll have to start looking for hidden alternatives for my team.
that was confirmed before the game dropped. very interested how the most favorite cards of the community will end up in terms of cap value, just like the Melo/Porzingis Duo f.e.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 12:30 PM   #6
Pro

Fakename22's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmrfrosty7
You can use that lineup with that cap? That kind of kills my interest in the mode if that's the case because then lineups still seem pretty OP. Just people's bench's that will be a bit less so.

I can kind of understand that a lot of people want to play with All-Star lineups like that in the mode but I really wish there was something with a stricter cap for more realistic rosters to create more variety and more strategy when playing.

Don't mean to derail your thread though. Definitely still a lot more to plan and talk about than years past at least.
Yeah you should be spending this time improving your team and playing the mode.

Also dont forget that the more popular a player is in terms of how much hes used by the community his salary will rise.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:51 PM   #7
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Here is my day 1 team coming in at 1775. If 2K lives up to their promises, this definitely will go over the cap since there are some popular players here.

I'm completely prepared to get murdered by Ruby Shaq but there aren't many great options at center without locking in a set. I'm also worried about my rebounding but once again, not many good options at PF/C.

Anyone else think that Amethysts are at the sweet spot for salary costs? They cost 300 and Rubys are at 250 and players can be rated at 95. This is why I'm going to rush my way through historic dom to pick up Fat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CC.JPG (66.3 KB, 140 views)
Old 09-20-2017, 06:08 PM   #8
MVP

1775 as initial cap is actually kind of disappointing. Bronze and Silver are already all but irrelevant, except as deep bench DNP's.

For 1775, one can play a lineup like this:
  • 2 x Ruby
  • 2 x Sapphire
  • 3 x Emerald
  • 2 x Gold
  • 1 x Silver
  • 3 x Bronze

Or, taking out all Rewards, something like this:
  • 5 x Sapphire
  • 3 x Emerald
  • 1 x Gold
  • 1 x Silver
  • 3 x Bronze

With really smart rotation and timeouts management, one could play just 8 deep and never field anything lower than an Emerald. One could very easily run 9 deep and "have to" play a Gold, but there's a good number of very capable Gold role players who are perfectly fine playing very limited bench minutes.

I was really hoping that the first round would require teams to be heavy with Gold and Silver. So that, if one were playing Amethysts, or even Rubies, that would require playing one or more Bronzes for meaningful minutes.

Even if one plays an Amethyst and a Ruby, one could do this and play 9-deep and never play below a Gold. Or, at worst, just a couple or few minutes with a Silver:
  • 1 x Amethyst
  • 1 x Ruby
  • 2 x Sapphire
  • 2 x Emerald
  • 3 x Gold
  • 1 x Silver
  • 3 x Bronze

Hopefully there is matchmaking for comparable teams and that it works better than in the past. Because even though there are 2 available Amethyst Rewards and a bunch of Ruby Collection rewards, I think most people would consider a team that is mostly Sapphire and Emerald to be a "God Squad" at this infant stage in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »