Home

Auction House / Economy Discussion (2K18)

This is a discussion on Auction House / Economy Discussion (2K18) within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2017, 10:24 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Auction House / Economy Discussion (2K18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
There is no refresh anymore, auctions go up live.

In my opinion 2K wanted to confront MT selling websites by killing sniping, as there is no more refresh and the fact that filters reset.

It is still possible to make MT, but it is harder.
Lowkey it's all about scroll sniping and being lucky to see something.

As there is no card count in 2K18 a lot of items that were worth something last year will only go now for 250.

I won't have as much time for MyTeam than in past years, but I know for sure, that it will be the most important to see trends quickly and react.

What cards are required for new challenges? What do people want to lock, what cards do they need? What are the best rewards "at the moment"?

I think you can still make good amount of MT if you invest time in it, but me personally will stick with some boxes when endgame cards come out.
I might flip some value cards in between but stack my MT without spending in lower tiers.

Sidenote: finally got a respond from the guy who completed historic domination first and got hooked up by LD with the missing rewards... it's 100% confirmed that you dont need the entire jersey collection (historic) for Pistol Pete - only the reward jerseys. So if you did bet on that horse to make MT, I suggest you start selling off asap...(before more people know - your welcome )

Cheers
I'm glad they are trying to take action against MT sellers and over-snipers. Also good they cleared the interval, that jibes I guess with what I've been seeing as well.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:12 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Have enjoyed reading what each of you has shared in this thread. Much appreciated that you've taken time to share impressions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
The best badges will pretty much retain their value for the duration, unless we learn that some mean more/less than they did previous years. Right now people are flooded with contracts, as they have few players worth spending a contract on and are getting a ton through the challenges.
You can definitely sell Silver contracts for 250 and Gold for a tick or two higher. My impression on Badges is that they're starting to climb in value now that some people have quite a bit of MT to burn and now that there's Super Max kicking off and there's incentive to get relative advantage.

Same thing with Shoes.

Quote:
Only semi-related question, do strategy cards really do all that much, are their full effects documented somewhere? Its easy to very quickly hit your limit on these cards. I can't imagine anyone ever buying them on the AH.
I don't know. My assumption is that they might give something like a Silver shoe's boost to relevant ratings for some short duration (1 or 2 minutes?). But I have no idea, really. And I cannot imagine anyone is buying these...yet.

I think people will start burning them in Super Max and we may actually see ability to sell them. Or not. But I'm still not out of AH inventory space. Not my main 50 slots and I haven't been stashing in my Results overflow either.

Quote:
I've seen a few teams loaded with emerald/sapphire players already. Are these the result of people just buying $100 worth of VC/legend edition, or are there already people making bank off the AH.
I have only played through Spurs on Domination and have not done much AH trading and I have 5 Sapphire and maybe like 8 Golds, some Silvers and Bronzes. I have enough MT to buy 3-5 Emeralds, depending on cost. And there are people who are done with Historic Domination. So one can definitely afford to have teams that are way above Super Max 1775 cap, without spending any real $.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
In my opinion 2K wanted to confront MT selling websites by killing sniping, as there is no more refresh and the fact that filters reset.
There's also the benefit of reducing server load so that response time is better for everyone all the time. I was never going to do the thing where one camps out every 15 minutes. So I'm glad that any bargain finds will be more dispersed and, also, that one can sell off stuff extremely quickly if one wants to.

Quote:
I won't have as much time for MyTeam than in past years, but I know for sure, that it will be the most important to see trends quickly and react.

What cards are required for new challenges? What do people want to lock, what cards do they need? What are the best rewards "at the moment"?
Yup. I think unless you want to live in the AH, and make more than what the occasional lucky find yields, it's going to be all about having more of an investment/trend mindset. Especially picking out which cards in a Theme Pack will offer the best cost:appreciation ratio, and when that ratio has peaked.

With today's drop of Historic TBT Packs, it will be interesting to see the effect on the market. It seems they're only dropping up to Emerald cards, so this may end up pushing down Current Emerald prices. Despite there being higher volume of added Sapphires to the market, because of aggregate pack buying, their value may be relatively safe as I don't think Historic Sapphires are dropping and there is generally a lot more MT coming into the market as more people play more games.

I'm very curious to see the trajectory of Historic Golds. Current Golds, aside from a very select few, are dirt-cheap. There are some really sweet Historic Golds and, earlier in the day, it seemed they could go for anywhere between, say, 1500 and 6000. I'm really hoping that they generally all end up between 1000 and 2000 very quickly, because there's a few I'd love to have for my cheap Domination team, while they're still very useful.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:49 PM   #11
MVP

It appears to me that the price on Historic cards was actually lowest yesterday afternoon. And that supply has constricted and prices have increased, generally, since then.

This isn't normal, right?

I'm used to cards in just-dropped packs being very expensive in the first few hours because people pay a premium to get them early, then for the price to taper down as more and more supply comes in. And then perhaps taper up as people stop pulling packs and/or drop rates constrict and/or the packs expire.

It seems to me, one might deduce that a lot of packs were opened in the early hours yesterday, but pack openings basically died...and/or 2K really restricted drop rates.

Maybe people lost enthusiasm when it became clear that the pack contents maxed out at Emerald?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2017, 04:53 PM   #12
Pro

Bi00's Arena

It's pretty normal for the PS4 market. Usually, prices bottom out the night of a new pack release as people keep pulling and underbidding each other. Then card prices slowly rise until the first weekend where it tanks again around Saturday night. Then it stabilizes after that.

These packs are pretty terrible so maybe the weekend prices will stay high.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:43 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
It seems to me, one might deduce that a lot of packs were opened in the early hours yesterday, but pack openings basically died...and/or 2K really restricted drop rates.

Maybe people lost enthusiasm when it became clear that the pack contents maxed out at Emerald?
that's pretty much what happened IMO, you can expect a few more packs being opened during the weekend, but as they are pretty terrible, not much will change until new sapphires drop.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:50 PM   #14
MVP

Not seeing any meaningful movement on the Sapphires since they went up. Maybe around 10% appreciation since general game launch. But I ended up deciding they may not go up any further, sold my dupe Kawhi for 13,950. Bought him for 10,950, so just a sliver of profit.

May be a mistake. While we may get new cards in packs, and new inventory of existing cards, we may also see Sapphires and Emeralds in greater demand when the salary cap in Super Max goes up.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:58 PM   #15
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Sounds like we are getting historic sapphires added to packs this Thursday. That would mean that your current sapphires take a double hit, more supply of comparable cards and more supply of the same cards. Would be wise to sell them now.

Also, I've got more faith that increased salary cap favors the reward Rubys more than current Sapphires.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2017, 07:55 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
Sounds like we are getting historic sapphires added to packs this Thursday. That would mean that your current sapphires take a double hit, more supply of comparable cards and more supply of the same cards. Would be wise to sell them now.

Also, I've got more faith that increased salary cap favors the reward Rubys more than current Sapphires.
What are you guys' thoughts on Cousins? I was thinking of selling him before these new Sapphires come out, but he's so unbelievable on offense I hesitate to pull the trigger. Comparing him to Marcus Camby, he's noticeably better at everything other than defense and rebounding. No other center in the game right now holds a candle to him offensively, aside from maybe Lafrentz...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »