Home

Auction House / Economy Discussion (2K18)

This is a discussion on Auction House / Economy Discussion (2K18) within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2017, 04:15 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Auction House / Economy Discussion (2K18)

The one thing I'm finding interesting about the AH right now is the lack of depreciation.

Current Sapphires will vary, depending on day/time cycles and also pack releases, but have generally remained at their approximate high point in value. Let's say, roughly, 10-15K each.

Lots of early-released Historic Sapphires and Emeralds still seem expensive and poor values. Especially the Sapphires as there have actually been a good number of Emeralds that have gone down in value.

Even oddball low-OVR premium cards like Gold Porzingis and Silver Simmons are still expensive, in the sense of their presumed rarity and their OVR.

But maybe I shouldn't be surprised, since we're only now one month past official release date.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:53 AM   #34
Pro

Fakename22's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Despite the advance warning of tomorrow's packs, it doesn't seem like stuff like premium Emerald and Sapphires are going down in value.

Wondering if maybe because of the raised SM cap, people don't want to sell guys that fit under cap that isn't hard to stay under.

Not looking forward to playing drive cheesers with the new dunkers spread across the perimeter.
Cards have value longer now.

I cant get rid of my Lebron because he wont get another card for a long time and at this stage in the game I have to get the most out of the card before they drop another one.

So I just went ahead and locked Campy Russell because I knew Bron would ride it out with me for a while. So I can see people thinking the same way.

Im just locking collections at this point. There hasnt been a single card released imo that will last longer than my cards just from playing dom and locking collections.

For less than you paid for DMC you couldve locked the Pacers set and got Ruby Roy Hibbert assuming you havent.

There has already been several centers released better than that card just as sapphires.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:38 AM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakename22
Cards have value longer now.

I cant get rid of my Lebron because he wont get another card for a long time and at this stage in the game I have to get the most out of the card before they drop another one.

So I just went ahead and locked Campy Russell because I knew Bron would ride it out with me for a while. So I can see people thinking the same way.

Im just locking collections at this point. There hasnt been a single card released imo that will last longer than my cards just from playing dom and locking collections.

For less than you paid for DMC you couldve locked the Pacers set and got Ruby Roy Hibbert assuming you havent.

There has already been several centers released better than that card just as sapphires.
Sure but you can sell the DMC card and get some value back, while Hibbert will be non-refundable and obsolete in less than let's say 1-2 months
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2017, 09:44 AM   #36
Pro

Fakename22's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Sure but you can sell the DMC card and get some value back, while Hibbert will be non-refundable and obsolete in less than let's say 1-2 months
Yeah but you get PLENTY MT just from playing. Im not even hustling the AH this year theres no need.

I have plenty of MT. Also December 20th is 2 months from now. That Roy will still be on my team. Cards wont be obsolete because of the cap. Even if hes the 13th man he will still be there.

If he drops down to like 200 salary because no one uses him. Ill put him in. I locked it I dont want a refund.

People are holding on to their cards because they locked collections and because that card could drop down in cap and have good value in the AH or in super max team building.

Thats why these cards arent really dropping in price just yet.

Last edited by Fakename22; 10-20-2017 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:11 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakename22
Yeah but you get PLENTY MT just from playing. Im not even hustling the AH this year theres no need.

I have plenty of MT. Also December 20th is 2 months from now. That Roy will still be on my team. Cards wont be obsolete because of the cap. Even if hes the 13th man he will still be there.
Yeah, we all have different ways of looking at things. I'm trying to stay behind the curve because I think that's the only way I can, after one or two big market crashes (i.e. Christmas time), I can then get ahead of the curve with all the MT I've made/saved.

I see something like 15-20K locked in as being quite substantial, personally. Especially multiplied, as in not locking in multiple collections. I'm definitely not fielding a really high-level team, but the early rewards in SuperMax are not going to matter in a few months, so there's not a lot of opportunity cost to not being at the top of the curve in SM right now.

When I see people with 3-5 Ruby Rewards, I'm a little jealous, but I'd rather not have that, say, 70-100K locked in. That's a big chunk of change.

And while I'm not swimming in MT, I've got a good healthy bankroll. Around 200K in MT and if I liquidate all the auctionable cards I have, at current value, I have easily 75K+ more. If the Reward Rubies are still viable, especially with lower salary, I'm thinking then I can complete those collections for really cheap.

Quote:
People are holding on to their cards because they locked collections and because that card could drop down in cap and have good value in the AH or in super max team building.

Thats why these cards arent really dropping in price just yet.
That makes sense. There's probably a good amount of locking in like you note. I also think that, with the cap increases we've seen, Emerald, Sapphire, and Ruby are typically good value in salary terms. And necessary acquisitions if one wants to field comparable lineups, so the value stays up.

And will stay up until that point when 2K gives us packs that drop a really high rate of Sapphires and Rubies.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:07 PM   #38
Just started!

I can't seem to figure out how to put my emerald Lebron onto my auctions. I usually go on my collections then send the player to my auctions but I can't find emerald lebron on any of the cavs rosters
Old 11-20-2017, 10:15 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutumbo95
I can't seem to figure out how to put my emerald Lebron onto my auctions. I usually go on my collections then send the player to my auctions but I can't find emerald lebron on any of the cavs rosters
He's under Premium Collections...Hardware set.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:37 AM   #40
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
The one thing I'm finding interesting about the AH right now is the lack of depreciation.

Current Sapphires will vary, depending on day/time cycles and also pack releases, but have generally remained at their approximate high point in value. Let's say, roughly, 10-15K each.

Lots of early-released Historic Sapphires and Emeralds still seem expensive and poor values. Especially the Sapphires as there have actually been a good number of Emeralds that have gone down in value.

Even oddball low-OVR premium cards like Gold Porzingis and Silver Simmons are still expensive, in the sense of their presumed rarity and their OVR.

But maybe I shouldn't be surprised, since we're only now one month past official release date.
Some cards have come down. The regular emeralds used to be above 5k in pricing, but now you can get many for less than 5. Also, some cards like Ruby Horford, and Cousins that used to be high 30, and 40s are now in the 20s in pricing.

Once more cards are released and ruby's are common, those cards won't stand out as much and will plummet in price.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »