Home

This game completely cheats in the last few games of All-Time Domination

This is a discussion on This game completely cheats in the last few games of All-Time Domination within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2017, 02:09 AM   #1
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

OVR: 0
This game completely cheats in the last few games of All-Time Domination

They don't even make an attempt to hide it. I'm about to lose to the Bulls for the 3rd time because once the fourth quarter starts, the game just falls back on garbage, overpowered animations, and my CPU teammates going full ******.

I've been up by double digits going into every 4th quarter, and every time it happens. MJ goes full God mode, regardless of anything I do, and I understand that. I understand that most people, including 2K prefer to worship at the altar of Jordan, but that's no excuse for why Ron Artest, the best defensive wing player currently in the game, decides it's a bright idea to leave MJ open for 3 when we're up 2 with 17 seconds left. Despite the fact that I literally have my gameplan set to focus on him, deny him the ball, double team him on the drive. MJ drains it, game in the toilet. I get it, MJ was greatness, arguably the GOAT, 2K will just let him have his way with you no matter what.

MJ is understandable. However Derrick Rose? He gets these absurd animations that go straight through defenders' bodies for layups. At least 5 times, he's turned Dikembe & Shaq into ghosts whose bodies allow circus layups to pass through them. Even that's acceptable, I get that clipping is sometimes a thing. My issue is that in the 4th quarter he becomes Steph Curry. His ratings are all 78s for shooting. His career % is 29%. His best season still only 34%. But somehow he takes and makes these Curry heat check threes that just go in.

Okay cool, two MVPs playing out of their minds in the clutch, maybe I'm being too critical. I mean we have seen both these guys take over games late. It's possible. What this should not mean, is that my players suddenly play like Old Lady of Faith School of the Blind students in the same time span. I wash the Bulls in the first three quarters, every time. MJ is very passive and Rose just takes bad shots. I'm literally dominating. Then it happens. The Monstars sneak in and steal our talent. It's crazy. We go from shooting 55% all game way down to 20. We can't make any layups. We're getting no foul calls. Suddenly my players don't have hands and they're getting ripped like children. Artis Gilmore got switched on to Jo Jo White, literally the best player in game right now, and plucked him like fresh fruit off a tree. I got Kevin Willis, Shaq, and Bob Love at the SF, suddenly no one can grab a rebound. Both Willis and Shaq entered the 4th with double digit boards, yet suddenly I can't grab anything. Don't even ask about 3 point shooting. It's wildly inconsistent in 2K18 in general, but holy F*** it's like somebody replaced my rim with a coffee mug late in game and I have shooters. Artest, Hamilton, White, Love, even Wade usually can knock em down open. Nope. 0% in the 4th.

I didn't even get to the worst part yet. Last play of regulation, I get MJ to switch off of Jo Jo White. I ISO on Rose, a decent defender AT BEST, hit him with a combo and drive to the lane, he's behind me on my left, but other than that, nobody is in the picture, I go up, right-handed, with White, yes the Jo Jo White with a 95 driving layup, HOF Acrobat and Gold Relentless Finisher, Derrick Rose is nowhere near the ball, and he f****** misses it. I swear I almost shot my TV. This s*** is so contrived it drives you into those insane laughing fits. Like I enjoy the game, I won't lie but stuff like this is absurd.

Listen, I started writing this after they went up 7 in OT with a minute left. I shoot a desperation stepback 3 with Wade who has literally not scored this game, and drain it. D-Rose comes down, finally misses, I push the break and get a D-Wade dunk, next possession Artest snatches an alley oop attempt pushes it to Wade who passes up to Willis who finishes a contested layup. It's tied with 30 seconds. I'm basically live-blogging at this point. I know for a fact MJ is gonna hit some bogus "If I could be Like Mike" commercial shot and I'm gonna come back down and brick another open layup.

Scottie gets the ball but is clearly looking for MJ, he gets ripped by Bob Love, nothing on the break, I call a TO with 8 seconds left. I ISO with White on Rose, break his ankles and pull up for a contested, late release with this guy who has been missing wide open good releases all game, and he drains it with 3 seconds left. If some miracle happens and I lose this game...

For some reason the CPU forces it to Scottie instead of MJ or Rose, he tries to drive and the ball spins on the rim for what felt like 87 seconds before dropping off. I win by 2. This game would have felt amazing had it not gone through so many contrivances just to force a dramatic ending. My players shouldn't have to forget how to play basketball for dramatics. Their players shouldn't start playing uncharacteristically well to force close games. I need a break, man. These 3 games broke me.

I can't wait to play Magic, MJ, Bron, Duncan, and Shaq though. I'm sure this game will be more fair to me then
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 02:28 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: This game completely cheats in the last few games of All-Time Domination

I feel your pain)
Im not yet where you are, but historic Domi is such a cheat crap. I do win all teams I face, but... There are so many stupid and cheat **** from 2k. Like a guy with 48 contested 3, shoots several of them during the game without any miss.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:12 AM   #3
Rookie

I've had zero fun playing this game this year. The greed 2k has done really brought the game down. Thinking about trading it in for Madden this year. And I hate Madden.

I've had more fun on Madden mobile than I have had playing 2k18.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2017, 03:51 AM   #4
MVP

I'm having a hell of a time just with Historic Bull teams.

Don't mind MJ and Scottie doing their thing but want to break **** when their scrub frontcourt become elite rim protectors and offensive rebounders and no names drain any open jumper.

Actually don't mind that. Back to hating the MT requirements. It's easy to win, just not with enough MT. Feel like for half the game I'm just trying to get fouled.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:18 AM   #5
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
I'm having a hell of a time just with Historic Bull teams.

Don't mind MJ and Scottie doing their thing but want to break **** when their scrub frontcourt become elite rim protectors and offensive rebounders and no names drain any open jumper.

Actually don't mind that. Back to hating the MT requirements. It's easy to win, just not with enough MT. Feel like for half the game I'm just trying to get fouled.
The only solution is to cheat back honestly. I've just been running Shaq at whatever position their smallest player is. I have four more games left of this grind that I'll likely finish tomorrow. I still don't know which card to pick. I'm leaning toward Dumars because I already have a diamond point guard, and I have like 6 really good undersized PFs so Wes isn't necessary unless I run him at the 3. Dumars has that HOF stopper badge though and a better jumper though, so it might be him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 11:17 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 9

Sounds like it may be really important to utilize strategy cards for POE with timeouts and defensive setting once you get to this point. I'm only on current domination now and there's no challenge to it yet at all. I think historic will be a cakewalk too with all of the uncompleted teams.

My strategy which was the same last year is running halfcourt trap, patrolling paint with a center and letting my cpu teammates come up with lots of steals on their own. It works great on pro but I guess we'll see when it gets to All-Star.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:36 AM   #7
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Is their any cheesy strategy to grind through dom properly?

I know that the guy who finished domination first, did something like Shaq as PG and then posting up in a mismatch all the time. Once they double you just dish out for the 3.

I'm not far ahead in dom, because I simply don't enjoy it, but if the difficulty of the mode implies such "ideas" like Shaq at PG, then I don't believe this goes in the right direction...

P.S. a bit off-topic, but if it's true that the rounds from season don't include weekends, I might just go over to Fifa Ultimate Team. This year is somehow too much, talking of: low difficulty level, poorly managed online mode(if so), annoying CPU challenges, AH nerf (="yes buy more VC now instead of grinding")
Old 09-29-2017, 04:27 PM   #8
Rookie

adwin7's Arena

OVR: 2

I haven't even finished regular domination but that narrative was amazing. Congrats on beating it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »