Home

1000 MT for 5 Bronze player contracts?

This is a discussion on 1000 MT for 5 Bronze player contracts? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2017, 04:16 AM   #1
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8
1000 MT for 5 Bronze player contracts?

Trying to play this mode offline just to team build like I've done every year but I'm pretty sure I'm going to hit a wall where all of my players are going to run out of contracts.

I'm going through contracts like water. I'm playing the schedule challenges that give you contracts, but since those 2 minute drills cost player contracts to play, getting 5 contracts in return is not getting me anywhere.

I was ok with this until I saw that it costs 1000 MT for 5 games worth of contracts for EVERY player.

Am I doing something wrong? Because this system just seems terrible. I only have 3,000 MT right now. I've sold all the players I'm not using. The only player I have left on the market is Eric Bledsoe. When I sell him I "might" have around 7k MT and that's it.

I'm more than halfway through these schedule games that give you 5 contracts. Once that's done I don't know wth I'm gonna do. Does it get better or am I just gonna have to give up?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2017, 04:33 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 1000 MT for 5 Bronze player contracts?

I've never come close to the point where I can't afford to play players.

Generally I only use a 'contract' card on gold or above players, then just pay mt or vc for the silver and bronze players when they run out.

btw, I'm pretty sure 5 contracts costs 40mt for bronze players... so a squad of 13 bronze players should cost 520mt.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:15 AM   #3
Rookie

This is what you do. You sell all silver and gold contracts because it's only useful to use those contracts if you have amethyst or better players. Ruby players cost 240mt for 5 contracts. Silver contracts will easily sell for 250-300 mt so that's why you wanna sell them and not waste using them on ruby or below players. If you sell silver contracts for 300 you still come out ahead after tax. I only use bronze contracts on ruby and amethyst players because you can't sell bronze contract cards. Too many of them on the market.

Bottomline : pay for all the contracts for every player sapphire and below. Use bronze contracts on rubies and above. Sell all silver and gold contract cards.

Also, for those 2 minute challenges or 1 quarter challenges, make sure your bench is all bronze or silver players because you're never using your bench in those challenges.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2017, 05:33 AM   #4
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajg52801
This is what you do. You sell all silver and gold contracts because it's only useful to use those contracts if you have amethyst or better players. Ruby players cost 240mt for 5 contracts. Silver contracts will easily sell for 250-300 mt so that's why you wanna sell them and not waste using them on ruby or below players. If you sell silver contracts for 300 you still come out ahead after tax. I only use bronze contracts on ruby and amethyst players because you can't sell bronze contract cards. Too many of them on the market.

Bottomline : pay for all the contracts for every player sapphire and below. Use bronze contracts on rubies and above. Sell all silver and gold contract cards.

Also, for those 2 minute challenges or 1 quarter challenges, make sure your bench is all bronze or silver players because you're never using your bench in those challenges.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
omg I found the problem

I made 2 squads. The first one is for friends list games with all my free agent cards and the second one is my normal lineup.

The first squad has a lower MT cost but it's still 600 MT for 5 contracts for every player. Gonna tinker with it to see if I can get the cost down to the 240 you're talking about.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:39 AM   #5
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBallaBoy21
omg I found the problem

I made 2 squads. The first one is for friends list games with all my free agent cards and the second one is my normal lineup.

The first squad has a lower MT cost but it's still 600 MT for 5 contracts for every player. Gonna tinker with it to see if I can get the cost down to the 240 you're talking about.
Ok now I'm really confused. I deleted my free agent lineup so I just have my normal lineup queued and now I'm getting the same MT contract costs I was getting previously.

260 MT for 1 contract and 1040 MT for 5 contracts for ALL players. Uploading a video to one drive for evidence.

Last edited by MrBallaBoy21; 10-01-2017 at 06:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2017, 12:20 PM   #6
Pro

I'm scratching my head reading this thread.. One of you is talking about cost per contract and the other talking about salary cap cost? Either way.. Farming those schedule mode games should be a way to profit and improve your team. Not a sink for Mt due to contract costs. I read that it's about 50k Mt profit per 30 game series. 50k Mt x 30 teams is 1.5m Mt you should be able to farm as pure profit just by playing that mode and selling your loot.

Last edited by Bubba13laze; 10-01-2017 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:06 PM   #7
Pro

Bi00's Arena

You are talking about buying contracts for your entire lineup, including all 13 players. 1040 is a very low amount of MT for 5 contracts for your entire team.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2017, 03:11 PM   #8
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
You are talking about buying contracts for your entire lineup, including all 13 players. 1040 is a very low amount of MT for 5 contracts for your entire team.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
It really isn't. 1040 MT EACH!! You are probably suffering from the same glitch that I was. It is clearly NOT supposed to be that high.

Create another lineup. Just add ONE player. Purchase contracts for him and see how much it costs.

5 bronze contracts cost 40 MT and Sapphire cost 160 MT. Was messing around with the settings and found this out. I can't get an entire lineup to be this way but if you just add one player to a backup lineup contracts go back to normal like the 2nd and 3rd poster was talking about.

This completely saved this mode for me. I only have 3k MT. 1040 MT for 5 contracts is ludicrous.

You're getting jipped out of MT my guy.

Last edited by MrBallaBoy21; 10-01-2017 at 03:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »