Home

Worst MyTeam ever

This is a discussion on Worst MyTeam ever within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2017, 02:42 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Worst MyTeam ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Then I tried the pick and roll game but I was stuck so closely by the defenders I just gave up. Everytime I ran a pick for a good shooter, by the time I got around the pick i was closed in on too quickly.
I'm just going to venture a guess that you're not running P&R very well. There is some skill and finesse that goes into running the defender into the screen.

A few things to keep in mind:
1. Make sure you let the screen get set.
2. Learn how to "speed boost" and/or explode out of Triple Threat.
3. Consider going opposite direction briefly and then back toward screen to get more runway for momentum.
4. Learn how to get angle to attack the basket to draw the big's defensive attention and free up your roller to be open for the pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2017, 02:44 PM   #26
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
I'm just going to venture a guess that you're not running P&R very well. There is some skill and finesse that goes into running the defender into the screen.

A few things to keep in mind:
1. Make sure you let the screen get set.
2. Learn how to "speed boost" and/or explode out of Triple Threat.
3. Consider going opposite direction briefly and then back toward screen to get more runway for momentum.
4. Learn how to get angle to attack the basket to draw the big's defensive attention and free up your roller to be open for the pass.
Thank u for this!

I can't wait to get home and try ur tips.

U are correct. I think I've been rushing it too much and I don't really know why but I've been trying to go around it immediately without being patient.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-11-2017, 02:55 PM   #27
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Harryl giving you honest strats and here is my list of cheesy moves.

1. Set free throw difficulty to 0 at the main menu, now you can make every single free throw from everyone.

2. Run all PFs/Cs, preferably 4 that can shoot a decent 3 but not necessary. Height is just too good on defense and speed doesn't matter as much. On offense, just take your best post guy and post spin on their weakest guy. Set offense set to 5 out and motion to space the floor.

3. Run a stretch 4 and 5 but one that the CPU actually respects (this is due to some internal logic I don't understand). For example, CPU usually respects Raef and will sag a lot on Thon. Then do 5 out PnR with a wing and release your roller early. Either use L1 to release or use the manual full receiver control. If their C/PF sags into the paint then this strategy probably doesn't work.

4. On defense, if the ball is in the hands of a poor midrange shooter, jump with their defender. That will force the AI to go into a driving logic and if they can't pullup with a mid, it'll be a contested layup 50% of the time. Obviously it won't work a lot but it's better than waiting around for a near guaranteed offensive possession.

5. Alternatively, just setup your PnR game with someone glitchly like Ben Simmons and rely on the blow by animations. With the free throw glitch, there is no reason not to attack the basket often and even in transition.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:07 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00

1. Set free throw difficulty to 0 at the main menu, now you can make every single free throw from everyone.
This for sure. I would consider not using this cheat if FT's were working as one would expect. But I went through a stretch against one of the Historic Bulls in which I twice went 0-2 from the line with Kevin Durant, in the 4th Quarter and, since then...F the CPU.

This can be a pretty big deal. The difference between, say, 75% and 100% FT bonus could easily be the difference between 2 and 3 Stars.

Quote:
5. Alternatively, just setup your PnR game with someone glitchly like Ben Simmons and rely on the blow by animations. With the free throw glitch, there is no reason not to attack the basket often and even in transition.
This can work. If you do this, I think a big thing is to switch quickly to next defender in line to contest.

I have also found it fruitful to use Half Court Trap and to double team a lot. Gets more and more effective, I think, as the CPU team gets more and more fatigued and you're always rotating in fresh guys.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:15 PM   #29
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Thanks guys

I thought u couldn't adjust any sliders in the "MyTeam" mode

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-11-2017, 05:59 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Thanks guys

I thought u couldn't adjust any sliders in the "MyTeam" mode
You can't. But the slider for FT difficulty is not with all the other game sliders.

At some point, I'm sure 2K will patch this but, for the time being, try to use it for as long as you can.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:20 PM   #31
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

This "Supermax" mode must be a joke 2k. Everyone plays 5 ****ing out, LBJ at Point, drive, kick to Lafrentz. The Equalizer is worse than ever. And on top a cheap money grab with these "Caps".
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2017, 12:46 AM   #32
Negative Vibe Merchant

pilonv1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00

This works for MyTeam? Didn't expect it to carry over, great tip.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »