Home

Schedule Challenges

This is a discussion on Schedule Challenges within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2017, 10:30 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Schedule Challenges

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruhBruh
I am curious as to what "Earn 30 reward cards" checklist goal means. Does that count like Ron Artest and the balls? As well, there is one called "Earn 20 player reward cards" Does that count Ron Artest then, or only players like kerry kittles?
Any card that is given to you by the game, for free, for completing something. So the Collection Reward cards qualify and so do all the individual reward cards, such as Artest, Lever, McDyess, Russell, Penny, Hayward, etc. Also the Weekly Challenge Token Rewards and SuperMax and Packs'n'Playoffs Rewards.

That's my understanding, at least.

Quote:
Starting historic domination tomorrow, does that mean I will be fine getting historic jerseys for that subcollection, I am assuming it will be patched.
Glitch is patched.

Quote:
What is the next schedule you are planning on doing?
Ugh. I don't know. Not sure enduring 4 more is worth a Sapphire and really not sure 9 more is worth a Ruby. They'll be really nice ultra-salary-cheap options to have on a Super Max lineup. Can probably be at least final 3 bench spot worthy until very deep in the game. J.R. costs 100 and Iguodala only 125, as of right now.

The only reason why I might do it is because I'm too cheap to field a really high quality lineup in SM right now (won't lock collections for Rubies) and while I just sort of tread water and hoard MT, I might as well play PvCPU content.

That, and at least most of these games don't have a goal, so they can be good PvCPU practice.

I was thinking Nets or Mavs before as next to move on to. But I actually think I might do the 76ers and not worry about their best All-Time players. I already played the first 5 or so. They have the most Silver players in their Current roster and a pretty decent bench lineup can be made up from their Silver...I'm thinking:

Simmons - Redick - Covington - Saric - Okafor/Amir Johnson.

If all the Moments cards are glitched and don't get patched and it's possible to play duplicates, it'd be pretty nice to be able to play Silver AND Gold Simmons and Covington. The more top-quality Golds that a franchise has, the more space one has to cherry-pick the very best of the Silvers available from all franchises.

But all the Schedules will get increasingly easier to handle as we get more and more Gold and Silver Moments to add more options there.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:44 PM   #10
MVP

Played Games 5 and 6 in the 76ers Schedule Challenge last night. 5 was cake, and I think was on Pro. Gave me a Bronze player, I think, which I sold for 1750. For those who earn MT through grinding gameplay, after Dominations, I imagine it might make sense to just play first 5 games of all Sched Challenges for all the Bronze players, and sell. Contracts are worth MT too.

Anyway...Game 6 drove me crazy. Felt like one of those Weekly Challenges that end up MUCH harder than they should be. In my first attempt, with a Gold and Silver team, I went up by one with 2 seconds left, and then CPU has Lonzo Ball chuck up a full-court desperation heave after inbounds and...swish.

Then proceeded to lose the next four attempts. So I got mad and switched to a high-end squad. Lost again. Then finally won on what I think was my 6th attempt.

Lonzo was playing Steph-esque so much. Everyone was nailing all open shots. Whole thing felt hinky. But I was probably on tilt.

Don't know why I subject myself to this BS...
Old 11-03-2017, 07:11 PM   #11
MVP

I edited the first post to include a list of Schedule Challenges that have been reported as glitch-free and which can be completed. I can't imagine anything more maddening than doing a dozen or more games and then finding that it's all been a waste of time until/if 2K fixes it.

Does anyone have a link or have a list of all the game conditions for each game? I think the progression/conditions are basically the same for each team? I'd like to put up an authoritative list on stuff for all 30 games, such as:

Game 04: 4 Quarters | 4 Minutes | Pro Difficulty | 1 Player Required
Game 05: 1 Quarter | 4 Minutes | Tied at Start of 4th Quarter | All-Star Difficulty | No Restrictions
Game 06: 2 Quarters | 4 Minutes | Tied at Start of 2nd Half | All-Star Difficulty | 1 Player Required

The description often does not clarify how many quarters will be played and certainly never tells you how long the quarters are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2017, 06:39 PM   #12
MVP

Had a rough time with the 29th game of 76ers Challenge, which is against the Current Celtics on Superstar, with game requirement being to get 20 or more Assists. Player req is 7 x 76ers, only up to 3 Gold.

The Celtics are actually a little tough to beat with 3 Gold and get 20 Assists. I spend a few games beating my head against the wall of Al Horford's really strong defense, trying to spam 1-5 P&R (to score and get assists steadily). In my first 3 attempts, I either couldn't get the 20 Assists, or lost while trying to get the 20.

And then I switched to playing a shooting 5 and ran 1-4 P&R with Amir Johnson at the 4 as my screener/roller and...problem solved. Got 25 Assists easily, and beat the Celtics by almost 30 points. Scored over 1300 MT in the game.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:44 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
EDIT Update:

This is by no means complete, but want to maintain a list, on this first post, of Schedule Challenges that players have completed, so that we know which are free from glitches. If anyone posts additions in this thread, I'll edit to reflect.

Known Glitch-Free Schedule Challenges:
  • 76ers
  • Bucks (seen reports of completion, and also of a bug)
  • Cavs (also have seen reports of completion/bug)
  • Clippers
  • Grizzlies
  • Lakers
  • Magic
  • Pelicans
  • Spurs
  • Suns
  • Trailblazers
  • Warriors
  • Wizards

[Original Post Below]

For those of you who haven't done more with Schedule Challenges but play the first few games: these are a huge grind.

Roughly 20 out of the 30 games are 4 quarters long. Many are shorter, mostly 4 min quarters, but the overhead of loading time, cutscenes, etc. remains the same. And some of these are not easy and will require most people to replay one time or more.

I just finished Game 29 of the Grizzlies schedule and while I was surprised to have blown out the Current Spurs on Superstar with this crap team...

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/66...d-mode-game-29

...I am not expecting that I'll win easily, or even at all on my first try, against the All-Time Grizzlies.

All told, I think EACH franchise's schedule is going to take at least half the time it takes to do, say, Current Domination. I think probably more like 60-75% of the time. But even at 50%, that means, to get Ruby Iguodala (complete 10 Schedules), that requires doing 5 Dominations (but probably more like 7 or even 8).

Not only that, but these can be expensive to do, if you don't already own a bunch of players from a franchise.

That Ruby Iguodala sure looks nice, and I like the odds that it'll be a card with low salary, but man...I doubt I can do 10 Schedules in time for that Ruby Iguodala to still be a super attractive card to play.

i did the knicks n/p

i too am trying to grind for that iggy while rubies are still relevant. i have 9 more to go lol
Old 11-14-2017, 02:46 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
What Schedule Challenges have you completed?

I'm really interested in seeing if we can complete a list of Schedule Challenges that are NOT glitched. If I do invest time into this, I don't want to waste more time by getting part way through a team that has a glitched Challenge.

I am (hopefully) about to complete the Grizzlies and had no glitches. Well, one: the game that required 10 Assists, the first time I tried it, didn't start counting my Assists until AFTER I got 10. Basically making the requirement 20. But it counted fine the 2nd time through. And I have since completed the one that requires 20 Assists and, while I had to play it a third time, it counted Assists properly all three times.

Making the Most of Your 3 Gold / Cheesing the CPU

At the end, when you have to use a lineup that is limited to 3 Gold (rest Silver and Bronze) and you have to use 7 or 8 players from the franchise, these requirements make it tough to field a good team.

If the franchise has enough Silvers for you to play, then you have the luxury of having free choice in your 3 Gold. Here's some general tips:
  • It makes sense to choose 2 Gold with a Duo to maximize performance. And then choose a 1 Gold / 1 Silver Duo for the same reason. I initially went with Melo/Porzingis and Dirk/Seth Curry. But when I had to play 7 Grizzlies, I had to start using my Gold Damon Stoudamire, so was left only with Melo/Porzingis as non-Grizzly Golds.
  • There's not very many Gold/Gold or Gold/Silver duos in the game. Go to the bottom of this long page to see what you can choose from: http://2kmtcentral.com/18/players/delta/15-09-2017
  • Silver Ben Simmons is invaluable because he can be a go-to scorer for you in various ways. A) Play him at PG and drive past, or post-spin on smaller PG's. B) Play him at PF and run 4-5 P&R. Depending on matchup, it's likely to be 2 slow bigs who can't defend the action. Surround Simmons and your 5 with 3 good shooters if you can.
  • Going back to Melo/Porzingis: Porzingis can actually be a P&R BH in 5-4 P&R. Depending on defender, can also just explode past slower bigs in a drive.
  • Melo can burst past almost anyone from ISO, other than elite, strong wing defenders. You can try to cheese his relative speed if you play him at 4, or his relative strength and size by playing him at 2.
Silver Eric Gordon/Gold Tony Kukoc duo is lit. Both have an 88 3ball

Silver Kuzma and Mike james are both sleepers as well

And of course dont forget to bring along your original Thin Maker.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:49 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazytwisted123
i did the knicks n/p
Thanks, added that to the list.

Quote:
i too am trying to grind for that iggy while rubies are still relevant. i have 9 more to go lol
I am personally beginning to find it really hard to believe I can plow through to Ruby Iguodala while he's still good enough to not just be a starter, but even a 2nd-string wing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazytwisted123
Silver Eric Gordon/Gold Tony Kukoc duo is lit. Both have an 88 3ball

Silver Kuzma and Mike james are both sleepers as well

And of course dont forget to bring along your original Thin Maker.
I totally agree on Kuzma and also Mike James. And of course Thon Maker.

Kuzma is basically a Gold in Silver form. As is Thon Maker. Also Iguodala, IMO.

I started using Mike James halfway through my 2nd Sched Challenge, and he's really effective for basic P&R tactics because he's such a good dunker. Can also be trusted to take an open 3. And while his Contest is HORRIFIC, if he doesn't have to defend a really athletic driver and/or are able to bring help to back him up, he's not as bad a liability on D as I imagined he'd be.

I've been cheesing Simmons as starting PG and run James as my bench PG, ahead of P-Bev, D-Lo, Lonzo, Collison, etc.

We all know how good Thon Maker can be and to me what really dramatically makes him so useful is that he can hold his own as a Stretch 5 and having a 5 who can shoot reliably allows one to run 1-4 P&R instead of 1-5 P&R and avoid having to struggle against what are often very defensively strong opposing Centers that can make 1-5 P&R cheesing a tough way to score points.

When one gets to the final handful of games on Superstar with a 3 Gold allowance, one needs the cheese to be viable.

The last few days, I've been beating my head against the final 76ers game. I'm usually neck-and-neck with the All-Time 76ers for most of the game, even maybe holding a slight lead for most of the game. But I've been losing to them by a handful of points in four attempts now, I think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2017, 09:48 PM   #16
Rookie

BruhBruh's Arena

Are all the schedules fixed now?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »