Home

Schedule Challenges

This is a discussion on Schedule Challenges within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2017, 08:55 AM   #33
Rookie

BrandH's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Schedule Challenges

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl

Did the first couple games of the Trail Blazers Schedule right afterward. Thinking that their All-Time Roster is not all that scary...

...and one can put together an alright 3 Gold, 8 Trail Blazers team. Hopefully one of the four remaining Bronzes get a Silver Moments that's good. Or that they get another Gold Moments that's really good.

The Blazers are the only schedule I have completed and it took me about 10 - 15 times to beat them. Bill Walton gets every offensive rebound and Drexler was unstoppable. I don't know if it was because of the difficulty level or not, but I had to pretty much just control the center most of the time to keep him in position to box out Walton. Walton would be jumping to the spot for an Offensive rebound before the ball even hit the rim. When I finally won it was the only game Drexler had a bad game. He posted up a lot and if I didn't double his Fade never missed and if I did double he always made the right pass for a wide open shot. They also played fast as hell if they got defensive stops.

On offense I had the most success playing 4 out - 1 in driving and kicking it to Animu for corner threes. That card played way better than a silver for me. Also I used Napier as my back up point guard and he was really good at getting to the rim which surprised me.

Last edited by BrandH; 12-14-2017 at 08:58 AM.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:01 PM   #34
Pro

roboas's Arena

OVR: 0

Those final 2 games you just gotta fight the cheese from the CPU with cheese of your own. Get ben simmons, pay up and add posterizer and OMFB. Make him your PG have Thon / Porzingas as your center. Call for picks in the back court and you'll score nearly every posession - that will be just enough because the CPU will score nearly every posession as well. Once you learn this tactic, you'll win those final games with minimal difficulty.
Old 12-14-2017, 06:27 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodionMaZ
Did you put any badges on Tyson Chandler?
Nothing expensive. He only has two slots and I'm pretty sure I only put Break Starter and Charge Card on them, as those are 250 MT badges. Maybe I put Lob City Finisher as second badge. I don't remember.

I could see the rationale for adding Hustle Rebounder or even Rim Protector, if one will do a ton of Schedules. But I haven't found it necessary to put very premium badges on players.

That said, I tend to have my often-used Silvers and Golds badged up with at least the super-cheap badges that are useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandH
The Blazers are the only schedule I have completed and it took me about 10 - 15 times to beat them.
Thanks, that's good to know. I had already decided to switch, but your post makes me feel better about it, to the Pacers.

I don't know why I didn't think of them before. Maybe only recently learned that it's a non-glitched Schedule. In any case, they have one of the least intimidating All-Time rosters in the game. And we know their best all-time player isn't even in the game...

Quote:
Indiana Pacers
Starters: Mark Jackson (85), Ron Artest (88), Paul George (91), Jermaine O’Neal (90), Rik Smits (87)

Reserves: George McGinnis (89), Chuck Person (87), Jalen Rose (86), Roy Hibbert (86), Herb Williams (85), Antonio Davis (84), Detlef Schrempf (84), David West (84), Lance Stephenson (83), George Hill (82)
Not only that, but I think they have one of the better collections of Silver players in the game. This is what I think I might run in the Final game:

Oladipo/Turner is one of the rare Silver/Gold duos in the game. Very modest buffs, but I'd still probably run those two, even without the duo. And they have basically a half-dozen or more Silvers who are at least adequate roleplayers. But all generally pretty useful, relative to Silvers in general. If a Moments Sabonis comes in time, that could be useful, so long as they don't skip over Silver/Gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboas
Those final 2 games you just gotta fight the cheese from the CPU with cheese of your own. Get ben simmons, pay up and add posterizer and OMFB. Make him your PG have Thon / Porzingas as your center. Call for picks in the back court and you'll score nearly every posession - that will be just enough because the CPU will score nearly every posession as well. Once you learn this tactic, you'll win those final games with minimal difficulty.
I've found that one doesn't even need to get the defender hung up on the screen. If you are crossing the halfcourt line at a running pace and then hit Turbo around the arc, you're generally moving too fast to be dealt with. The only thing to make sure of is that the CPU cannot totally repel your drive. Need at least to get the hip ride animation, but it's easy to not even get that and just run straight past both defenders into the paint.

It's a real shame these games are with the 3 Gold limitation and that we can only play them once. It would have been cool to go back and play very strong All Time rosters, without restriction, on Superstar. I imagine they make these play-once in order to make sure these games aren't used for MT farming.

In addition to running Simmons at PG to bully PG's in ISO, one can also play Simmons at the 4 and be able to outjuke most other 4's at will.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2018, 08:24 PM   #36
MVP

Updated Kings and Pacers.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:34 AM   #37
Pro

roboas's Arena

FYI, there was a reddit post earlier this week claiming that someone had successfully beat all 30 schedules.
Old 01-14-2018, 05:08 AM   #38
MVP

Yeah, that dude is very active on the Reddit sub and on 2KMTB. He and I have chatted a lot about schedules in various threads.

It's actually bugged for him. The goal check mark doesn't appear for him yet. Hopefully that's fixed by time other conditions for Shaq are achievable.

I finally just finished my 5th and got JR. I know he's 2K royalty, but I've never cared for his cards much.

But I'll be damned if this Sapphire JR isn't a scoring machine. I'm shooting C&S threes with him at a really high rate. Vs CPU but with also in a couple games on Superstar. Including a few stupid contested shots.

If you can get him launched into a dunk, he's probably going to get a monster animation and finish it hard.

Finding him surprisingly effective and a lot of fun so far. Think I might actually do 5 more for Iguodala. Did a couple All Time Dom games as a plate cleanser but thinking Iguodal might be nice to have to finish off All Time.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:02 AM   #39
Rookie

RodionMaZ's Arena

How do I get Ruby Iguodala? I see on 2kmtcentral.com that he is a reward, but what should I complete to get him?
Old 01-15-2018, 06:15 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodionMaZ
How do I get Ruby Iguodala? I see on 2kmtcentral.com that he is a reward, but what should I complete to get him?
Go to the "Goals" section in MyTeam and you'll see the list of the requirements for getting Iguodala. In terms of the Schedule Challenge component of the req's, you need to do 10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »