Home

Pink Diamond Shaq

This is a discussion on Pink Diamond Shaq within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2017, 01:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pink Diamond Shaq

Curious what you guys think....

It sounds crazy to say this, but is anyone going to get PD Shaq? Seriously.

The hardcore MYTeam guys on the message boards don't seem interested in grinding 30 full schedule challenges (heck, most people are saying they wont do 10). Seems to be lots of frustration about P&P and getting the board 10 reward as well.

Since there will be so many rubys and amys through rewards and moments cards available before people even get the Iggy or J. O'neal who is going to spend the time?

If YOU are seriously going for it, how far have you gotten?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2017, 02:36 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Pink Diamond Shaq

I am. Will be a long time before anyone gets him either way but at least u dont have to collect a billion cards like u did last year for Kobe. Just have to play the game. I only have 1 schedule done. Just started grinding the other day since i finished dom and am saying **** supermax this season.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:50 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazytwisted123
I am. Will be a long time before anyone gets him either way but at least u dont have to collect a billion cards like u did last year for Kobe. Just have to play the game. I only have 1 schedule done. Just started grinding the other day since i finished dom and am saying **** supermax this season.

Interesting.... Good luck! Ill be cheering for you LOL

I have no chance, because I will never get the online rewards, I'm just not good enough. But, I can grind for the others. That's why I liked the card count goal, because it was possible to reach no matter how much you suck...

The thing is, we are already 8 weeks in and you still have to beat over 800 challenges, so I'll be curious to see if it still becomes worth it.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:40 PM   #4
Rookie

I doubt anyone will get Diamond Steve Nash. Schedule Mode is extremely messed up, you can only get through about 15 or so of the teams. Whats so crazy is, each console is different. So this challenge might work on PS4 but not Xbox. Knowing 2k they may fix this problem or they might not since it doesn't make them VC. Ive already considered quitting the Supermax grind for a while and attacking Schedules but its so frustrating to get to the 20th game of the Bulls or the 28th game of the Celtics and have to turn around for nothing. Really 2k should remove schedules from the goal requirements because they don't work.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:30 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazytwisted123
One of the requirements for PD Shaq is to "Earn the Pink Diamond Season Prize in MyTeam Super Max." That means you need to get the final reward for Super Max. At some point, if you're not earning Round/Season rewards all along the way, then you'll never be able to make enough points in SM to qualify for PD Shaq.

PD Shaq is going to be incredibly rare. To get him, you basically have to grind every single play mode to completion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2017, 01:16 AM   #6
Rookie

This reward is simply not worth it. Why spend a significant portion of your life "grinding" a game playing things that are not fun only to possibly get something that will be obsolete by the time you get it?

These large rewards should have performance goals that correspond to their accomplishments no matter what mode you play in except playing with friends. You should be able to obtain them earlier when they would matter.

They could also give your reward packs every time you complete a certain number of games or score a certain number of points or rebounds that repeat over and over again and out of those you pull any one of the reward cards. After obtaining certain number of these packs you are guaranteed to get a minimum level reward card so you can choose one of 4 or 5 amythest for example. They should each be at a specific position so you aren't choosing from 5 guards.

There are so many ways to make this mode amazing, fun, spontaneous and relevant but 2k doesn't give a crap at all. If they do care they really suck at creatively coming up with ideas. I gave those literally 10 minutes of thought and I'm sure if my job was to design a game for players to have fun and still be competitive I could do a pretty damn good job.

My 2k18 app will still remain unopened in its current form. It just isn't worth it to me to play my favorite game anymore. Good luck to all going for this but there must be better things to do with your life.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:38 AM   #7
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Anybody whose played any Ultimate Team Mode knows the grind is never worth it. Every final reward player in 2K has been eclipsed by general release cards by the end of the year.

We don't even have an ETA on some of the goals to know when it can even be completed. If a few of Diamond centers with crazy fantasy attributes like 81 Ball Control and 94 Open 3 and 7 HOF badges are out by the time we can unlock the final seaons prize of Supermax, it's already an outdated card.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »