Home

Amy Magic Johnson

This is a discussion on Amy Magic Johnson within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2017, 02:41 PM   #9
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Amy Magic Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltokpwnage05
I would hold off on large purchases like that until closer to the end of the season. You will probably be able to get a diamond magic then
I highly doubt that
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Old 12-08-2017, 03:29 AM   #10
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

I picked him up for 124K and it's been a wise purchase. I think he'll drop closer to 100K in the coming weeks, but it was nice to pick him up.

I wish his D was better, but he makes almost all layups, contested or not. Plus I can tell he's giving Catch and Shoot players a boost on the Dimer pass.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:44 PM   #11
MVP

Looks like there was a frenzy of pack buying over the weekend and one could've gotten him for 100K or even under.

I bought a Magic a few days ago, for ~185K. Paid so much because he had a Diamond UA Curry for +9 boosts to all 3-point ratings and also +9 to Acceleration and +9 to Speed With Ball. Ideal shoe for him, since it makes him a legit threat from outside and also does a lot to address his one other major flaw, which is underwhelming speed in general.

I THINK that they supposedly de-coupled SWB from Speed, so that SWB is no longer pro-rated by Speed. If so, then 97 SWB makes him just about as fast with the ball as a player of his size can be. It's nice to have high top speed w/o ball for covering fast breaks but the more important thing with Magic is to maximize his speed while serving as ballhandler.

What I'm noticing this year is that double-teaming seems more vicious and hard to escape than in prior years. Once they latch on, they seem to jar ball loose, force jump balls, or make it harder to get a good pass out. So it's not as easy to abuse smaller PG's in the post with Magic's hook shot.

Need to work on the right timing of passing out of the double-team: early enough to not get tied up, but late enough that they can't just turn the help defender around to contest his original assignment's open shot. Also need to find more plays that get him deep position. It seems the more intricate post plays that have a lot of other actions prior to final entry pass to Magic would work best, since they disguise ultimate goal.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »