Home

Shake and Bake Delivers his message on the state of 2k18 My Team

This is a discussion on Shake and Bake Delivers his message on the state of 2k18 My Team within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2017, 09:32 PM   #1
Rookie

didak7's Arena

OVR: 0
Shake and Bake Delivers his message on the state of 2k18 My Team

Pretty respected 2k vlogger Shake and Bake gives his opinions on 2k18's My Team mode worth a watch guys.

Pretty much on point with everything IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tnZL7AHxqA

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2017, 10:47 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Shake and Bake Delivers his message on the state of 2k18 My Team

Old.

But ya, myteam is terrible this year. I still can't make my own uniforms. I don't feel like playing random games and waste contracts on them.

Speaking of contracts, I love how it gives me strategy cards instead of much needed contracts. No one cares about strategy cards!!!

They should call it NBA 2KPatch. Since you download patches every week and spend time waiting for patches to download instead of actually playing the game.

It's way too difficult to get vc, mt. I'm not giving them a penny more than the base price I already paid for. Their greed is hurting them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2017, 05:20 AM   #3
Rookie

RodionMaZ's Arena

Well, Shake's not telling enough arguments, just emotions:

1) He says that Schedule Challenge sucks because rewards sucks, requirements of lineup composition sucks, gold and bronze player sucks.

Welp, it is completely otherwise: the fact, that you are CHALLENGED to beat a CPU with limited lineup is the main reason I play "ultimate team" modes. It involves digging for gems, finding right lineup that works in each challenge.
Yes, some rewards sucks - 125 MT + very short games just don't earn enough MT to justify the contract loss: even with 3 golds (120 MT each for 5 games contract) + 7 silver (80 MT) + 3 bronze (40 MT) = 1040 MT / 5 = 208 MT per game for contracts. You could go with 3G + 2S + 8B = 168 per game, but it's not that easy to play with full-bronze backups on All-Star difficulty.

And he misses the major point - nothing like that was in previous NBA2k games! The offline content was non-existing. FIFA, Madden, PES, MLB: The Show - almost all of them had tons of offline content in Ultimate team modes even in 2012, when MyTeam was introduced in NBA 2k13.

This year MyTeam brings a lot to the table for those, who don't enjoy online modes for whatever reason or just like to play SIM basketball vs CPU. You can't say that over the years MyTeam was raising up and higher and dive down this year. In terms of offline play, MyTeam skyrocketed this year!

2) He says that 2K didn't screw anything in weekly challenges.

Wrong. Again. Topic "Half of these weekly challenges are so pointless (Rookie/Pro) difficulty" covers what's bad in weekly challenges.

3) Next statement: SuperMax is a step back.

In my opinion (and not only mine), SuperMax is a good idea just poorly executed with all those hyper-inflated salary caps and no bonuses for having a weaker team. When you beat an opponent who has better lineup, you have to get more points (both MT and ladder). This will open the possibility for skilled players to use cheaper lineups to climb faster against weaker opponents who use stacked teams.

4) Then he banishes SuperMax for being very time-consuming to get max rewards.

Well, it is supposed to be hard to get or grind to put your hands on early Ruby and Diamond cards. The main reason of the mode should be "the fun of competition", but right now it's diamond/amethyst lineups with ruby/sapphire backups, which is basically pay-to-win and grind-to-win. Less skill involved when you use lineup full of OP cards.
There's nothing about "squad building", which could involve thinking on filling the gaps in your skills and maximizing your on-the-sticks abilities: would you give up defense in favor of more offense-oriented players or you will bring lockdown wingman and rim protector to your starting lineup? Will you pursue speed or 3PT? Will you grit & grind or run triangle? With current salary caps nothing of it matters, as ruby and higher cards can do almost anything that I mentioned.

5) He mumbles about points deducted for losing a game and the amount of win needed to climb back.

He just need to get familiar with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system to stop bitching about what works in many areas of competitive sports.

At the 5:00 mark I got bored by his ignorance and turned off the video.

Last edited by RodionMaZ; 12-12-2017 at 05:54 AM.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:57 AM   #4
Pro

Fakename22's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodionMaZ

1) He says that Schedule Challenge sucks because rewards sucks, requirements of lineup composition sucks, gold and bronze player sucks.

Welp, it is completely otherwise: the fact, that you are CHALLENGED to beat a CPU with limited lineup is the main reason I play "ultimate team" modes. It involves digging for gems, finding right lineup that works in each challenge.
Yes, some rewards sucks - 125 MT + very short games just don't earn enough MT to justify the contract loss: even with 3 golds (120 MT each for 5 games contract) + 7 silver (80 MT) + 3 bronze (40 MT) = 1040 MT / 5 = 208 MT per game for contracts. You could go with 3G + 2S + 8B = 168 per game, but it's not that easy to play with full-bronze backups on All-Star difficulty.

And he misses the major point - nothing like that was in previous NBA2k games! The offline content was non-existing. FIFA, Madden, PES, MLB: The Show - almost all of them had tons of offline content in Ultimate team modes even in 2012, when MyTeam was introduced in NBA 2k13.

This year MyTeam brings a lot to the table for those, who don't enjoy online modes for whatever reason or just like to play SIM basketball vs CPU. You can't say that over the years MyTeam was raising up and higher and dive down this year. In terms of offline play, MyTeam skyrocketed this year!

Wrong. Again. Topic "Half of these weekly challenges are so pointless (Rookie/Pro) difficulty" covers what's bad in weekly challenges.

In my opinion (and not only mine), SuperMax is a good idea just poorly executed with all those hyper-inflated salary caps and no bonuses for having a weaker team. When you beat an opponent who has better lineup, you have to get more points (both MT and ladder). This will open the possibility for skilled players to use cheaper lineups to climb faster against weaker opponents who use stacked teams.

Well, it is supposed to be hard to get or grind to put your hands on early Ruby and Diamond cards. The main reason of the mode should be "the fun of competition", but right now it's diamond/amethyst lineups with ruby/sapphire backups, which is basically pay-to-win and grind-to-win. Less skill involved when you use lineup full of OP cards.
There's nothing about "squad building", which could involve thinking on filling the gaps in your skills and maximizing your on-the-sticks abilities: would you give up defense in favor of more offense-oriented players or you will bring lockdown wingman and rim protector to your starting lineup? Will you pursue speed or 3PT? Will you grit & grind or run triangle? With current salary caps nothing of it matters, as ruby and higher cards can do almost anything that I mentioned.

5) He mumbles about points deducted for losing a game and the amount of win needed to climb back.

He just need to get familiar with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system to stop bitching about what works in many areas of competitive sports.

And with all that said the mode is trash like the guy said.
Old 12-16-2017, 02:53 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:

I suggest you list of your likes and dislikes and see the responses you get for your opinions.

He spoke his opinion whether passionate or not, it's still his opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2017, 03:06 PM   #6
Rookie

RodionMaZ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDAB
I suggest you list of your likes and dislikes and see the responses you get for your opinions.

He spoke his opinion whether passionate or not, it's still his opinion.
Well, I wouldn't have said a word if I had heard any arguments on WHY he doesn't like something. But he basically just saiys "this sucks, that sucks". Such opinions are a timewaste.
Old 12-17-2017, 03:29 AM   #7
Rookie

didak7's Arena

Quote:
Well, I wouldn't have said a word if I had heard any arguments on WHY he doesn't like something. But he basically just saiys "this sucks, that sucks". Such opinions are a timewaste.
You said yourself you only watched 5 minutes of it.. . Wow
Old 12-17-2017, 07:58 AM   #8
Rookie

RodionMaZ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by didak7
You said yourself you only watched 5 minutes of it.. . Wow
Well, if he goes without argements for the first 5 minutes then I assume the whole video will be the same way

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »