Home

Is MyTeam dead already? And how do we keep it alive longer for 2K19

This is a discussion on Is MyTeam dead already? And how do we keep it alive longer for 2K19 within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What is the biggest issue with MyTeam
Difficulty too low 4 33.33%
Not enough content 2 16.67%
Overpowered & unrealistic ratings 1 8.33%
The modes need to be improved 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2017, 08:07 PM   #1
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

OVR: 0
Is MyTeam dead already? And how do we keep it alive longer for 2K19

It kinda feels like it and it sucks. I love this mode. In theory it should be so much better and they just don't seem to care about it at all this year. There's so much potential in this mode. It's the only one other than MyLeague Online (I don't have any friends on XB1) where you can experiment with different lineups and schemes. But the Devs don't seem to have too much focus on it we literally couldn't even play Supermax for weeks because of the foul glitch, the JoJo White debacle . Market has already crashed several times, etc.

I didn't make this thread just to complain though. I hope we can discuss some of the major issues in the mode and maybe some of it will catch their eye.

First I'm going to attach a poll to gauge what the community is most upset with in the mode and of course I wanna hear if you guys have other issues with the mode that aren't listed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2017, 08:46 PM   #2
Rookie

didak7's Arena

Re: Is MyTeam dead already? And how do we keep it alive longer for 2K19

I voted for not enough content but realistically the bottom 3 are all point.

- The fact we have little to no Moment Challenges compared to other sporting titles say alot about the Devs desire of actually putting effort in. The only thing they seem to care about is adding over hyped moment cards to packs in the hope people spend their hard earned on the packs.

- The constant messages to buy a certain amount of VC for bonus VC is just off putting. I had one come up right at the end of a Schedule Challenge game and it went straight over the scoreboard in the bottom right corner... like come on I'm trying to play and it almost cost me my game due to not seeing the clock.

- The complete nature of the My Team Challenges and the almost regular cheesy animations from CPU cheese is off putting when the game moves to All Star difficulty. Baskets don't even look real anymore, sometime shots go in and it seems like it almost fast forwards for a tiny second which is enough for you to see how bad the animations are.

- Lack of contracts in rewards = 2k provoking you to spend VC to buy more packs for your team.

I could go on and on...
Old 12-19-2017, 01:39 PM   #3
Rookie

I think there is PLENTY of content.

The low difficulty mode combined with the abundance of overpowered cards is a major drain on the mode for me.

The glaring lack of some type of levels takes all strategy out of the mode. It makes it all about who can grind or spend money to get the best collection of cards. The best cards win regardless of gameplay in MyTeam.

Why not give different levels of what is now SuperMax? Or instead give us a Multiplayer mode where there is a focus on the team-building on a BUDGET strategy that should be a major strategic focus in MyTeam?

Too much of a focus on PROFITS. Selling digital crack to 2K addicts.

Don't get me wrong...I have zero issue with micro-transactions and profits. But it can't be the sole focus.

I also think 2K is missing the boat. By making MyTeam a lowest-common-denominator mode geared mostly toward cheesy players, they eliminate a large segment of their market/community from the marketplace.

SIM players will spend money in MyTeam....if/when 2K gives them a reason to. And right now - there isn't one.

It's a cheesy arcade mode void of strategy in place to sell VC (digital crack) to self-absorbed try-hards. Which is the same market for MyPlayer.

This mode could be sooooo awesome. The depth of it could be immense. Instead it's shallow and appeals to only the cheesiest of 2K players.

That's a shame.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:37 PM   #4
Rookie

It's bad. They gouged their customers and players. I don't even play the game anymore. It's so bad.

I still can't even create custom Jerseys. I'm not wasting contracts on stupid games

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2017, 09:07 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Domination -- Instead of being forced to cheese the game and play an unrealistic brand of basketball to achieve a high point total, this mode should only be about beating the CPU on a high difficulty setting. Winning should be the only thing that matters, not how much MT you made throughout the game by spamming post spins and double teams.

Supermax -- There should be two online leagues: uncapped and capped. Let the people who want no lineup restrictions play in an uncapped league, and let the people who want to use silver/gold/emerald/sapphire cards and come up with more strategic lineups play in a league that has a harsh salary cap. Both leagues should be able to play ranked matches 24/7, instead of being restricted to playing only a few days per week.

Schedules -- The rewards need to be significantly better considering how much time these schedules take up and how difficult some of them are to complete. I do enjoy the challenge that these schedules provide in terms of lineup building and strong computer opponents on high difficulty settings, but the current rewards system is so lackluster that it makes the struggle of playing this mode not worth enduring.

Moments Challenges -- We need way more of them, and they should be based off what's currently happening in the NBA. If Eric Gordon makes 7 threes in one game, then give us a challenge the next day that tasks us with repeating his feat. If Zach Randolph scores 27 points in 28 minutes, then let us try to replicate the same thing in 2K.

Weekly Challenges -- I honestly wouldn't mind if these just went away completely in lieu of having more moments challenges. These weekly challenges tend to have outdated rosters, repetitive tasks, and a low level of difficulty, all of which make them uninteresting to play.

Blacktop 3v3 mode -- I'd like to see it come back, only with a first to 21 by 2s and 3s scoring system, full defensive settings in the pause menu, and basic 1-out, 2-out, and 3-out space the floor offenses. Also let us pick the type of player that we want in our lineup (guard, wing, big) before the roulette wheel starts spinning.

Last edited by jyoung; 12-21-2017 at 05:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2017, 09:08 PM   #6
Rookie

First 2k that I'm not even playing in December. Every other 2k I have played all the way till at least nba playoffs if not more. Last year ppl thought it wasn't great but looking back I spent a lot more time last year and enjoyed a lot of it. 2k16 probably had the best myteam ever. This year has been just horrible and by far the worst 2k ever. Offline the game might be fine but to me online is so bad it's just not fun. I have been able to stay at a very high winning percentage in every 2k but this year I'd say I'm just ok. But it's not even fun when I'm winning and def not fun grinding the supermax online. Really really hate that mode but goddamn I really want to have at least one good basketball game but unfortunately that's not the case this year.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2017, 10:30 PM   #7
Rookie

RodionMaZ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Weekly Challenges -- I honestly wouldn't mind if these just went away completely in lieu of having more moments challenges. These weekly challenges tend to have outdated rosters, repetitive tasks, and a low level of difficulty, all of which make them uninteresting to play.
Just like you said about capped/uncapped SuperMax, weekly challenges and moments challenges should both be present in the game due to the fact that not everybody (me included) enjoys moments challenges like "score ridiculous amount of points with sub-par player" or "drain 666 threes with curry". Also schedule challenges are more friendly to beginners or players who are not so successful in getting reward players to easily beat even final all-star difficulty challenge.
BUT either weekly or moments should give 1 token a week for progression towards token reward players.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:49 PM   #8
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

The lack of moments challenges this year has been a disgrace, and the fact that one of the Goals in the requirements for one of the rewards is "Complete an Online Challenge" when these DON'T EVEN EXIST is laughable.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »