Home

Anyone else still playing 2k17 and loving it?

This is a discussion on Anyone else still playing 2k17 and loving it? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2018, 04:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anyone else still playing 2k17 and loving it?

For all its flaws, 2k17 MTO now looks like a masterpiece compared to the flaming pile of horse manure that is 2k18 "Supermax". I personally am still loving 2k17 when I can find games. There is some semblance of strategy involved, and there's actually a normal shot meter! There's a lot of cheese, but a lot of ways to counter the cheese. The player pool is so small though I've played some people dozens of times in the past few months.

Current lineup:

99 Zeke / 96 John Wall
94 Julius / 91 Igoudala (neon green shoe, is literally kobe)
94 Stojakovic / 91 Jingles (jingles = GOAT)
94 Shaq / 97 Nowitzki
98 The Dream / 93 DeAndre Jordan

If anyone's down to play some good ol fashioned MTO on ps4, hmu @napalmoyster

Last edited by jrtitan; 02-20-2018 at 04:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2018, 06:52 AM   #2
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Re: Anyone else still playing 2k17 and loving it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtitan
For all its flaws, 2k17 MTO now looks like a masterpiece compared to the flaming pile of horse manure that is 2k18 "Supermax". I personally am still loving 2k17 when I can find games. There is some semblance of strategy involved, and there's actually a normal shot meter! There's a lot of cheese, but a lot of ways to counter the cheese. The player pool is so small though I've played some people dozens of times in the past few months.

Current lineup:

99 Zeke / 96 John Wall
94 Julius / 91 Igoudala (neon green shoe, is literally kobe)
94 Stojakovic / 91 Jingles (jingles = GOAT)
94 Shaq / 97 Nowitzki
98 The Dream / 93 DeAndre Jordan

If anyone's down to play some good ol fashioned MTO on ps4, hmu @napalmoyster
I actually tried to go back to 2k15 because I loved the Onyx Era...too bad they've put down the servers... think this was my favorite 2K since 2k14
Old 03-01-2018, 03:14 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
I actually tried to go back to 2k15 because I loved the Onyx Era...too bad they've put down the servers... think this was my favorite 2K since 2k14
What do you think of 17? I love playing in the post in this game, and everything just feels right in this game. And I'm just in love with certain cards. David Thompson, Hakeem... and I have more affection for my 94 Dr. J w/UA speed shoes more than the 97 Dr. J.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:41 PM   #4
Rookie

I can't say I haven't been tempted. My 2k17 squad had PD MJ who was best card I've ever used (props to 2k16 99 LeBron).

The online component of MyTeam this year never piqued my interest which has been great for my bank account but my squad is kind of boring.

I never liked playing the try-hards that inevitably showed up in the pink diamond league and I suspect that style is more prevalent than ever in the remaining 2k17 player base.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:24 PM   #5
Rookie

joeptc's Arena

OVR: 9

I didn't touch MyTeam in 2k17, but i just re-downloaded the game yesterday. Was tired of the lack of single player MyTeam stuff in 2k18 and was thinking of going through Domination. Any advice, thoughts, or tips? What is the key difference between this year and last year? What are some budget beasts from last season?

Here's probably a stupid question. What is the reason the 2K cannot have the same amount of single player MyTeam opportunities as Madden has in MuT? Serious question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2018, 07:50 AM   #6
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

2K18 PNO gameplay >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2K17 MyTeam gameplay > 2K18 MyTeam gameplay

17's MyTeam gameplay was slightly better than 18s MyTeam gameplay but that's only because the difficulty is so low in 18. 17's architecture of the MyTeam mode was way better. 18's low difficulty combined with the garbage MyTeam architecture made 17 a better experience.

However 18's PNO gameplay is wayyyyyyyy better than 17. If they would bump up the MyTeam difficulty in 18 to whatever it is in PNo it would make the game so much better and I could overloom the terrible SuperMax layout.
Old 03-08-2018, 01:29 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
2K18 PNO gameplay >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2K17 MyTeam gameplay > 2K18 MyTeam gameplay

17's MyTeam gameplay was slightly better than 18s MyTeam gameplay but that's only because the difficulty is so low in 18. 17's architecture of the MyTeam mode was way better. 18's low difficulty combined with the garbage MyTeam architecture made 17 a better experience.

However 18's PNO gameplay is wayyyyyyyy better than 17. If they would bump up the MyTeam difficulty in 18 to whatever it is in PNo it would make the game so much better and I could overloom the terrible SuperMax layout.

I agree with this. I've heard so many good things about 18 PNO, I just am too addicted to the MyTeam format to really get into PNO. Creating your own specific team that only YOU can use is such a joy. And I agree, literally all they need to do is bump up the difficulty (and fix the chode shot bar) and SuperMax would be playable. Another thing is it's literally impossible to grind for MT in 2k18 MTO... there's NO blacktop/gauntlet, sniping is harder with the live auction market, and "pack and playoffs" has absolutely pathetic rewards for playing multiple FULL games. I uninstalled the game, and won't be going back unless I feel like playing some sim-style PNO games and practicing some plays.

And the 2k17 meta is very odd nowadays. I FINALLY beat the pink diamond league, and nowadays that's a real accomplishment considering all I play are god squads and the occasional budget ruby team. Currently going for that ruby league diamond show in my second playthrough. In general, the remaining playerbase (especially in ruby league and above) is pretty tryhard, but I've been having an absolute blast getting back into this game. The auction market is still alive and well; it's just smaller. Grinding MT by playing blacktop is very possible because of the increased value of consumables, and now that I'm familiar with the current prices of players, I've been able to make some moves on my team just by doing a little bit of sniping. This is what it's looking like rn:

I've found a twin towers lineup is the most effective in the current meta, simply because of the high possibility of running into another twin towers lineup. Another cool thing about this semi-dead game is I'm able to afford players I could never dream of playing with when the game was in its prime; I was able to pick up Embiid for 100k, and my god what a center. He's comparable to Hakeem offensively, and running 3-out 2-in with them both in the paint is almost unfair. It's godly.

David Thompson is also absolutely incredible with the UA speed shoe. 99 accel/speed, 97 speed w/ball (up from 88), 98 driving/contact dunk, 99 vertical, and a top-notch arsenal of dunk animations. He will poster ANYONE. Kareem, Sampson, Yao, doesn't matter. They get shoved out of the way by a flying Thompson, who glitches the game when he starts an animation that just magnetizes him to the hoop. Absolutely insane. Oh, and did I mention he has an 85 BLOCK for a 6'4 SG?? Nuts. I'll probably never play with DS2 T-Mac or All Star Vince, but I'm quite satisfied with Thompson as he's the only other comparable shooting guard in terms of dunking (98 CONTACT dunk still gives me shivers).

Last edited by jrtitan; 03-08-2018 at 01:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »