Home

One huge plead to 2k for MyTeam in the future

This is a discussion on One huge plead to 2k for MyTeam in the future within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
The Best Sports Game of 2019: MLB The Show 19
The Best Franchise Mode of 2019: NBA 2K20's MyLeague
Worst Trend in Sports Games in 2019: Single-Player Modes Getting Shafted
Does the XFL interest you at all? -- Click here to cast your vote now!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2018, 09:56 PM   #1
MVP
 
UnbelievablyRAW's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Sep 2011
One huge plead to 2k for MyTeam in the future

I know this part of the forum has been inactive for a long while, and I don't personally play Supermax anymore for a myriad of reason but I have one huge plead for 2k19.

Please restrict players to their primary or secondary position online. Point guards and smaller guards are all but useless in Supermax this year because the meta is to play sfs at the 1-3 positions. Every game is Lebron/Giannis/TMac/Kobe at point guard, which means you can't use any regular point guards in your lineup. Guys like Lowry and CP3 are some of my favourite players, but you can't play them if Lebron is who they are supposed to be guarding. Enforcing that change means much more variations in lineups because people can't just play 4-5 tall wings and force the other team to do the same.
UnbelievablyRAW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2018, 03:27 PM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2017
Re: One huge plead to 2k for MyTeam in the future

I think it's a bad idea...

Personally, I feel like the overpowered cards is a much bigger issue.

Taking away the freedom to play guys in different positions seems silly...especially considering the move away from old school "positions" to more of "positionless" basketball.

The constant ratings boosts are a bigger issue. Especially when it comes to those players you mentioned.

Part of the problem these days in MyTeam is that a LeBron who plays like LeBron is no longer good enough for the cheesers and low IQ gamers who play MyTeam...

LeBron isn't good enough...they need SuperLeBron.

Steph isn't good enough...they need NBA Jam Steph Curry who laces shots from halfcourt and never misses.

Vince Carter isn't good enough....they need Uber Vince who does 720 dunks and dunks from the 3PT line.

They've taken the "fantasy" aspect of this mode too far...lowered the difficulty level...and made it too easy for anyone who wants to cheese with a handful of players - LeBron, Ben Simmons, Giannis, etc, etc.
CoachLou is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 11:43 PM   #3
MVP
 
UnbelievablyRAW's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Sep 2011
Re: One huge plead to 2k for MyTeam in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachLou
I think it's a bad idea...

Personally, I feel like the overpowered cards is a much bigger issue.

Taking away the freedom to play guys in different positions seems silly...especially considering the move away from old school "positions" to more of "positionless" basketball.

The constant ratings boosts are a bigger issue. Especially when it comes to those players you mentioned.

Part of the problem these days in MyTeam is that a LeBron who plays like LeBron is no longer good enough for the cheesers and low IQ gamers who play MyTeam...

LeBron isn't good enough...they need SuperLeBron.

Steph isn't good enough...they need NBA Jam Steph Curry who laces shots from halfcourt and never misses.

Vince Carter isn't good enough....they need Uber Vince who does 720 dunks and dunks from the 3PT line.

They've taken the "fantasy" aspect of this mode too far...lowered the difficulty level...and made it too easy for anyone who wants to cheese with a handful of players - LeBron, Ben Simmons, Giannis, etc, etc.
I don't mind going up super Lebron or super Harden etc, they had all those same guys in 2k17 and its why I go out and get the Kawhi's and Jimmy Butler cards to match them. Its people that are playing Lebron/Giannis at pg on the off chance I actual play a pg at the pg position and now my 6'0 pg is tasked with guarding Lebron and has zero chance of doing it well. They aren't doing it to be modern, they are doing it so they can cheese hip riding dunks with Lebron without a defender his size guarding him.
UnbelievablyRAW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:25 AM   #4
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Re: One huge plead to 2k for MyTeam in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
I don't mind going up super Lebron or super Harden etc, they had all those same guys in 2k17 and its why I go out and get the Kawhi's and Jimmy Butler cards to match them. Its people that are playing Lebron/Giannis at pg on the off chance I actual play a pg at the pg position and now my 6'0 pg is tasked with guarding Lebron and has zero chance of doing it well. They aren't doing it to be modern, they are doing it so they can cheese hip riding dunks with Lebron without a defender his size guarding him.
It is the nature of the game. If people won't be able to use LBJ or Giannis at PG, they will stick with T-Mac (secondary position) or of course Magic.

In any case you will not be able to guard Magic with Lowry or CP3.

So while I like your idea, i don't believe that i will really make much sense.

Uber cards though are definitelly an issue.

For me there should also be a salary cap, but based on the ACTUAL card rating, not some silly 2k cap

Last edited by kabamaru; 03-30-2018 at 07:06 AM.
kabamaru is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:20 PM   #5
MVP
 
UnbelievablyRAW's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Sep 2011
Re: One huge plead to 2k for MyTeam in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
It is the nature of the game. If people won't be able to use LBJ or Giannis at PG, they will stick with T-Mack (secondary position) or of course Magic.

In any case you will not be able to guard Magic with Lowry or CP3.

So while I like your idea, i don't believe that i will really make much sense.

Uber cards though are definitelly an issue.

For me there should also be a salary cap, but based on the ACTUAL card rating, not some silly 2k cap
T Mac never played pg. He's played SG and SF throughout his career. Also, Magic was had a limited release, and the fact he can't shoot 3's or posterize people made him unpopular to use in the first place (when he first came out I literally only saw him one time ever).
UnbelievablyRAW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2018, 07:06 AM   #6
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Re: One huge plead to 2k for MyTeam in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
T Mac never played pg. He's played SG and SF throughout his career. Also, Magic was had a limited release, and the fact he can't shoot 3's or posterize people made him unpopular to use in the first place (when he first came out I literally only saw him one time ever).
Yes he has in Pistons. In any case you know what I mean. If there are supercards Magic can shoot 3s and everything. Giannis has played PG too,
Simmons has PG as secondary position, Oscar is also big for PG
kabamaru is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:45 AM   #7
MVP
 
UnbelievablyRAW's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Sep 2011
Re: One huge plead to 2k for MyTeam in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Yes he has in Pistons. In any case you know what I mean. If there are supercards Magic can shoot 3s and everything. Giannis has played PG too,
Simmons has PG as secondary position, Oscar is also big for PG
The T-Mac that they would be releasing that people would actually use (Houston/Magic) would not have pg as the secondary position. The cards are era specific. If people want to use washed up Pistons T-Mac they can go ahead and try.

Those supercard diamond Team USA Magic Johnson cards are always released close to the very end of the game's life cycle, same with Oscar. If cheesers have to wait that long to get a big pg that can shoot then so be it. Also, people already rarely use Magic because he can't contact dunk over people.

Simmons is actually a pg (he plays pg, not just a point forward like Lebron) btw. I'm fine with that because that's the actual position he plays. Giannis doesn't have enough minutes logged as a pg to be classified as one or have that as his secondary position. I like the way cleaningtheglass qualifies players. They put them as point, combo guards, wing, forwards and bigs based on where they play the majority of their minutes. Points are players that only play pg. Combo guards are players that spend time at the 1 or the 2. Wings are players that spend time at the 2 or the 3. Forwards spend time at the 3 and the 4 and bigs move between the 4 and the 5.
https://www.cleaningtheglass.com/sta...ayer_positions

Here you can see the lineups Milwaukee has used. There isn't even a lineup where Giannis is listed as the pg. He has only played Sf, pf and a little C. He is classified as a forward on the site and if this were implemented, he wouldn't be able to play PG.

https://www.cleaningtheglass.com/sta...yer/96/lineups

For T-Mac, you can see that he was classified as a wing for the majority of his career and a forward (moving between the 3 and the 4) for one season. He wouldn't be able to play pg if a change was made to MyTeam.
https://www.cleaningtheglass.com/stats/player/2422

Last edited by UnbelievablyRAW; 03-30-2018 at 10:53 AM.
UnbelievablyRAW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:33 PM.

Top -