Home

Late to MyTeam. Building MT = Domination + Quicksell?

This is a discussion on Late to MyTeam. Building MT = Domination + Quicksell? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2018, 12:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Late to MyTeam. Building MT = Domination + Quicksell?

My MT balance is dangerously low after spending all of my moments challenge rewards on diamond LeBron w/ diamond speed, BC, moving mid/3pt shoe and a basic diamond harden all for 110k.

I just started historic domination but every reward has been pretty crap. Is everything under ruby quicksell these days?

Good badge cards seem to be worth auctioning but I haven't been able to sell any players that haven't been part of a weekly challenge requirement.

I also have around 700k VC leftover from a customer service grant from when they lost one of MyCareer players at the start of the year. I was planning to save this for one of the late year promotions and hope I pull a diamond. Would it be more efficient to spend this on the basic packs and quicksell everything from these?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2018, 08:53 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Late to MyTeam. Building MT = Domination + Quicksell?

Since you're low on MT, you should try to sell everything you can. You generally don't have to quick sell. Just keep relisting til you sell.

You'll make good MT for the final three games, also get a lot of reward cards, and then also make good MT for All Time Domination.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:08 AM   #3
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

700K of VC will definitely get you some amethyst players and likely at least a diamond... maybe 2 if you get lucky.

The current packs have a diamond KD and amethyst IT and Leonard. I also think 2K mentioned they are putting moment players in these packs as well.

But yeah, never quick sell. Just auction everything, just remember auction house lists only 50 at a time. So if your auction house is full, probably best you don't shred any new packs in case you're stuck with a duplicate and no where to place them.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:48 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Since you're low on MT, you should try to sell everything you can. You generally don't have to quick sell. Just keep relisting til you sell.

You'll make good MT for the final three games, also get a lot of reward cards, and then also make good MT for All Time Domination.
I've been relisting my domination reward golds and even the historics aren't really moving at 500 buyout. Maybe 10% of auctions get a sale. Guess I should have grinded domination earlier in the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
700K of VC will definitely get you some amethyst players and likely at least a diamond... maybe 2 if you get lucky.

The current packs have a diamond KD and amethyst IT and Leonard. I also think 2K mentioned they are putting moment players in these packs as well.

But yeah, never quick sell. Just auction everything, just remember auction house lists only 50 at a time. So if your auction house is full, probably best you don't shred any new packs in case you're stuck with a duplicate and no where to place them.
I don't know what this 'lucky' thing is that you mentioned but I am pretty sure I don't have it. I'd love that diamond KD but I think I need to keep my VC powder dry for promotion more likely to help my squad.

When you say sell everything are jerseys and things like silver or bronze shoes worth selling? The domination reward packs haven't really given me any good badges or shoes yet.

After a week of domination + selling players I've only gone up like 7k MT. The MT grind is real.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:41 PM   #5
MVP

Yeah, the cards you get in Current and Historic are generally close to worthless right now. You might get lucky with a Sapphire Historic.

Otherwise, if you have the patience, just keep relisting and cross your fingers. Also, sometimes a Challenge comes along requiring X players from a team and you can suddenly sell stuff that normally wouldn't sell at all. So if you tire of relisting, I'd advise holding them, rather than quick-selling.

The real rewards are the MT for the last 3 games of Historic and all the MT bounties of All-Time.

And remember to run as cheap a lineup as you can stand. You can also slog through searches on the AH for cheap cards with Diamond Contracts, though that's very few and far between.

Here's what I thought were best Gold and Silver in the game. This was almost 2 months ago, but there have been very few additions:
http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/22...gold-all-stars
http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/22...lver-all-stars

I think you can actually get through Domination with the right Gold and Silver players, if you're good and disciplined. Spam P&R with Gold Simmons and Silver Mike James (Gold Mike James for slightly less crappy defense and better shooting), ISO driving on small guards with Simmons. "Splurging" on a Sapphire Simmons is a worthwhile expense because then you get 86 Ball Control and you can get great bargains on badged Sapphire Simmons, maybe even with a shoe. Spam cheesy 3pt plays with Dragan Bender and Raef LaFrentz, like Quick 4 Horns Flare in Magic/Wizards playbooks.

Depending on how cheap you get in your lineup, you could make 5000-10,000 extra MT by saving in Contract costs.

Try to not play a bunch of Amethysts (or Diamonds). Try to limit yourself to maybe a few Rubies and Sapphires, at most.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »