Home

This is by far the worst iteration of 2K MyTeam ever

This is a discussion on This is by far the worst iteration of 2K MyTeam ever within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2018, 10:43 PM   #1
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

OVR: 0

This game is so broken in this mode that it'll make you completely forget how good the actual game is. It's a shame, you play on the Sim Word Slider set and roster, and you get lost in how truly amazing the things that this game is capable of pulling off are. How real it feels...

Then you go to MyTeam and it's a circus. I just played a Supermax game. Not a Pack & Playoffs, and lost to a guy that didn't even sub out his starters. He'd just call a bunch of timeouts in a row at the beginning of every quarter. How do you even allow something like that in a game. Who gives a damn about the salary cap, if you can scam the game into not even needing more than 5 players. Not only that but we both shot over 71% from three, while both taking over 15 attempts. Both over 60% from the field. since he played every single minute, his Shaq had 22 rebounds when I decided I had had enough.

This entire mode is just a wash this year. Broken cards, delayed releases, completely absurd gameplay, awful greedy pack odds, schedule challenges are a nightmare. Nonsensical patches. This entire mode is the main reason I buy this game and it's completely.

We have to have our voices heard this upcoming release season. I bought the Legend Gold edition specifically because I wanted to finally take the full plunge into MyTeam mode this year, and it has been pretty much awful fro the first patch.

It really sucks to see, man. This game has all the potential in the world, but they flush it down the drain by appealing to the lowest common denominator or pack ripping, dribble-spamming, poster junkies who want to turn this mode into NBA Jam. I'm not saying it has to be sim, I get it, this is a fantasy mode for fun, but it seems 2K's idea of fun is "Who can trigger the most good animations" or "Who can find the best way to exploit the game" Or "Buy this guy because he's got more purple badges, which makes him better at triggering good animations AND easier to exploit the game with". The playoffs had already started before we were getting players with double digit HOF badges in 2K17. We already have 9 just in the month of March.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2018, 04:53 AM   #2
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Re: This is by far the worst iteration of 2K MyTeam ever

I was excited when they announced there would be a salary cap mode, but the cap is so high it might as well not even exist. Was looking forward to using rare historic cards with low salaries etc and seeing some variety and actual strategy in team building.

Unfortunately as with everything else with 2K at this point, greed won out and they raised the cap so people would keep buying new cards and lowered the salary of each new theme pack players so people would buy each new pack release.

Add in the low difficulty setting (should be Superstar, minimum), every player having high 3 point ratings regardless of their actual skills in real life, and the terrible transition and help defense AI and I don't understand how anyone can play this mode and actually enjoy it.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-30-2018, 05:02 AM   #3
Banned

Does anything work on this game LOL
Old 07-11-2018, 04:48 AM   #4
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Hopefully some of you guys remember, but this year's MyTeam reminds me a lot of the atrociously awful 2k15. I believe that year had the baseline dunk spamming & OP zig zag 3's.

This years is MUCH MUCH worse than 2k15. Blow by animations, 3's going in at a rate that makes the standard PNO Warriors look like brick city, dunk animations that override any defense, etc.

I honestly wouldn't be complaining so bad if I didn't think there's something great buried beneath all the gameplay nonsense. The gameplay has potential to be great, but the abused animations are worse than any 2k I've ever played.

All I wanna do is enjoy running sets and plays with my all Duke team, but the gameplay is just an abomination of what basketball should be. Hear me when I say it's tougher to make 3's & dunks in NBA Playgrounds & NBA Jam than it is in 2k18 Myteam.

2k16's MyTeam had it nearly as good as it could get. Let's get back to that style of play 2k, where true basketball skill was at least somewhat rewarded.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:20 AM   #5
Pro

I gave up during the all-star break. This was probably the worse my team. I can't think of any pros with the way the mode has become.

- stupid cards with stupid ratings with 20 HoF badges. 1-3 should be the limit.

- terrible draft and schedule modes. Especially with schedule mode, that's just wasting contracts.

- domination grind is now so boring and to have it be the same every year.

- supermax is a joke. The limit is so high it was pointless. The only reason they made it was to get people to buy packs to get rubies with lower costs than your golds in the beggining.

- gameplay was a joke. 2k doesn't even know what simulation is anymore.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2018, 09:17 AM   #6
Rookie

I agree with you 100%. I’ve had the amp to address this but is a waste of time. As a top 10 player since 2k3, I know this has been a issue. Back in the days it used to be w/ Stojakovic & the Kings. This year is EVERYBODY shooting threes. This is a photo of stretch 4s & stretch 5s. Mind you that you can’t edit their play priority being that they don’t even have 3pt as a play priority.

I’d love to see an era where guys like Iverson, Duncan and dudes who play w/ pure skill as a oppose to this lead pass + catch & shoot bang era.

This is a list of ALL positions dropping 3s at a 89+ overall rating clip

Keep in mind there is a rating called CONTESTED 3s also. Yet management might be misusing the tool as (again), skilled players are shooting 66% percent of their total field goal attempts from behind the line and making 40 to 50% of them (as shown below).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Young Coaches; 07-27-2018 at 09:47 AM.
Old 07-28-2018, 06:21 PM   #7
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Can't wait to see these cheesers get put back in their place next year when the blow-by animation gets nerfed and they can't drive and kick to their precious Pink Diamonds anymore.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:19 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Can't wait to see these cheesers get put back in their place next year when the blow-by animation gets nerfed and they can't drive and kick to their precious Pink Diamonds anymore.

I am not even going to be there to see it after this year's shameless money grab. I am done with 2K until they tone down the micro-transactions, and I do not see that being anytime soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »