Home

Two questions from a noob...

This is a discussion on Two questions from a noob... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2018, 12:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Two questions from a noob...

I've never played this mode whatsoever but after getting hooked on MUT and Diamond Dynasty the past year I'm intrigued. Two things though will dictate if I pick this game up:

1. Are contracts an annoyance? Madden wisely ditched them and DD doesn't have them but when MUT did have them it was never an issue with not having enough. If they are hard to come by then that's a huge negative.

2. Is there plenty of single player content? I refuse to play sports games online and I've been happy with both Madden and The Show with their offline content. Madden especially. If the focus is all multiplayer then no way do I waste my time or money with this game.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2018, 09:05 AM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Two questions from a noob...

1. Are contracts an annoyance? Madden wisely ditched them and DD doesn't have them but when MUT did have them it was never an issue with not having enough. If they are hard to come by then that's a huge negative.

No. They're easy enough to gt when you buy or earn packs. If you play through the content, chances are you'll be fine. This year you can purchase Infinite Contracts for a player in the Auction House.

2. Is there plenty of single player content? I refuse to play sports games online and I've been happy with both Madden and The Show with their offline content. Madden especially. If the focus is all multiplayer then no way do I waste my time or money with this game.

It isn't "All Multiplayer", but I'd be lying if I didn't say the 2K prioritized Online over Offline in previous 2K games. Domination and Schedule Mode make up the bulk of Offline play. Once you've completed them, there isn't much to do other than online.

They've added 3v3 offline for more gameplay options, but I know in past years that after the NBA Finals, it eventually becomes all online focused.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:59 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68pj
I've never played this mode whatsoever but after getting hooked on MUT and Diamond Dynasty the past year I'm intrigued. Two things though will dictate if I pick this game up:

Thanks in advance!
Contracts:

I don't think it's a big deal at all. But there are people who hate Contracts. In the early going, when cards are lower OVR rated, Contracts can be cheap. You pay in the menus when prompted when you try to start a game with cards with 0 Contracts. Very generally speaking, will be cheaper than buying Contract Cards. But Contract Cards can be cheap while people don't have many expensive cards to run, and sell their Contracts for MT.

Offline/Singleplayer/PvCPU Content:

This is the best year yet. There is a great deal more offline content and much/most of the stuff that used to expire and disappear will remain up all cycle now.

I wrote up guide on my blog that should be a very useful read for you:

https://www.2ktips.com/2018/09/11/be...a-2k19-myteam/

There's another post up discussing Contracts strategy, but I still need to flesh it out more.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:39 PM   #4
Pro

Geolink's Arena

OVR: 4

I got a noob question.

When is the "right" time to use a free agent card?
Old 09-12-2018, 01:19 AM   #5
Rookie

XxCavaliers360's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geolink
I got a noob question.

When is the "right" time to use a free agent card?
Just a must-win game; an important Unlimited or Triple Threat game (or even a game against the CPU) you have to win to get a reward, or else your progress will be reset.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2018, 04:43 PM   #6
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRonald70

No. They're easy enough to gt when you buy or earn packs. If you play through the content, chances are you'll be fine. This year you can purchase Infinite Contracts for a player in the Auction House.

It isn't "All Multiplayer", but I'd be lying if I didn't say the 2K prioritized Online over Offline in previous 2K games. Domination and Schedule Mode make up the bulk of Offline play. Once you've completed them, there isn't much to do other than online.

They've added 3v3 offline for more gameplay options, but I know in past years that after the NBA Finals, it eventually becomes all online focused.
How much are these going for right now? Is it worth selling, or should I hold the one I got from Triple Threat?
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 09-15-2018, 02:11 PM   #7
Rookie

XxCavaliers360's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
How much are these going for right now? Is it worth selling, or should I hold the one I got from Triple Threat?
Only keep if you have or are going to get a player you know you'll use forever, otherwise it's probably worth selling, but the value may go up as better players are released.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:15 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

So clearly I have no idea what I'm doing... I was warned that my free agent Kemba Walker only had a game left before expiring and tried to add a contract even though I only have like three contracts so far. It wouldn't let me, I play the game, and now he's gone forever??? Is that just for the free agent cards? That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »